collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Blue Flu Discord)  (Read 68202 times)

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
I went to my Hot Topic today and unlike last time when they only had 2-3 AJs and Big Macs left, they had a full shelf of AJ, Big Mac, Twilight, and Trixie. This little gal was sitting up front and was the only glitter out of, like, 30 MLP Funkos on the shelf:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm almost disappointed. She's beautiful and perfect and I want to keep her. I was hoping for Big Mac so I could trade for Sweetie... I may trade this AJ for Sweetie, but I'm torn. :(

Also, after tax she was $21... I was like, damn, these things used to be $17 a peice... she was $18.50 or so before tax... Half my monthly spending budget...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:10:58 PM by shindow »
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Congrats on your AJ!!! She looks like a pony sculpted out yummy orange jell-o, almost makes you want to take a bite into her legs! xD You reminded me I need to quest outwards to HT soon! Still missing the regulars of AJ and Big Mac hmm might wait until Hotcash rolls around again.

In all seriousness AJ looks delicious!!

Post Merge: June 17, 2014, 07:42:26 PM

I thought it would be fun to take some pictures! <3 They might make people cheery! Bon Bon is sooo flippin' adorable, she has the same curious face as my betta!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 07:42:26 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
I could just cry. Bon Bon is so beautiful! I hope I get one somehow! (I don't have ANY small shops near me. Just large stores...)
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Sprinklecupcake

^ Try Barnes and Noble! I have a few friends on IG that find glitters there! Its only a matter of time before Bon Bon and Spitfire pop up there!!! Im going to check mine out soon! Also try Walmart? I havnt seen glitters here yet but ivr been spotting Funkos near the registers/trading cards. I think its universal the glitters are no longer HT exclusive! xD

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I wonder what will happen when they stop making certain characters will the glitters skyrocket again?When do you think they will stop making old molds? Think about it eventually they will stop making certain characters right?

For Sale Wants

Sprinklecupcake

Ya know, Ive been wondering that too! Are they still making Rainbow Dash and :muffin: in the factories or are they done with them and  just distributing the extras to stores? Im seeing less and less of the first wave, second wave still floats around my TRU stores. I think eventually they will phase out the first wave, then second, etc and bring them back if theres popular demand. Makes me wonder if characters phase out if their glitter version prices will raise online.

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Hmm that's an interesting question. I don't think any of the waves are officially retired but wave one has been out for 18 months? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). There isn't a rhyme or reason with what funko decides to retire. The first wave of DC pop characters has had 3 or 4 of the characters retired (out of 6), wave 2 is still readily available (4 characters) and wave 3 was retired after about 6 months in production (6 characters). But all waves can still be found at a few I like retailers, including wave 3 which had the shortest retail cycle.

I think the price of the crystals will depends on whether or not other pony collectors decide they want them. I only see prices rise if there is a sudden uptick in interest. Which could be caused by a retirement or a new interest in the line if they create a long sought after character that hasbro hasn't. So if there are fans who decide that they have been waiting for daring do and then say "wow. I love these funkos. I gotta get them all and the crystals".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I'm sure they won't retire any until stores stop ordering more of them-

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
I'm sure they won't retire any until stores stop ordering more of them-

True, I just wonder how long that will be I mean I can't see them continuing to make the first few waves after say another 10 waves are out, Hasbro never does that they never restock old waves, once the new ones are out it seems.

For Sale Wants

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
Well it really has nothing to do with Hasbro unless Hasbro decided to yank licensing from Funko, which seems unlikely in the near future given how popular the FUnko ponies seem to be.

Whether the ponies will continue to appear on shelves (including the older ponies) depends solely on whether the shops (like comic shops, BnN, Hot Topic, Toys r Us, etc.) continue to order them.  They will probably do so if the product sells well, and not do so if the products seem to be sitting.  Turnover is a lot faster at places like Hot Topic and TRU, so they are much less likely to order the older ones once they run out-  Hot Topic especially is all about what is NEW. 

That's why I don't like the idea of people ordering a ton online only to return them to a Hot Topic store- if that store sees a loss on that product, they are not likely to reorder...

Alzatia

Finally managed to get Trixie, who has eluded me for so long. Found her at a HT 40 miles from the metro area, basically in a big mall that's in the middle of nowhere. My visit confirmed no pony collectors in that area as the clerks told me she had been sitting there for months. They had also gotten in AJ and Big Mac, so I managed to nab a second glitter Mac. No AJ. *sighs* Though a kid who posts in the local FB pony group said she's interested in trading one...

And my god are the online auction prices for Bon Bon and Spitfire ludicrous. There's a good chance they'll start appearing more constantly in the wild soon anyways. They're not worth dropping the equivalent of a PS4's price on them.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
I'm sure you can trade glitter AJ for glitter Big Mac-  for whatever reason (popularity probably) he is much more highly sought right now.  You might try the Funko Fanatics forum if you can't find a trade here?

Alzatia

I'm guessing it's popularity. We have six Hot Topic's in my island, and three have been reported to have received glitters in their first shipment, all three glitters being Big Mac. I'm finding that AJ's the harder to come by. And thanks for the suggestion, I haven't really bothered joining Funko Fanatic as I felt this place was already a good enough source for my pony collecting hobby.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
I'm guessing it's popularity. We have six Hot Topic's in my island, and three have been reported to have received glitters in their first shipment, all three glitters being Big Mac. I'm finding that AJ's the harder to come by. And thanks for the suggestion, I haven't really bothered joining Funko Fanatic as I felt this place was already a good enough source for my pony collecting hobby.

Whats funny is in the beginning Big Mac was the harder one to come by due to him going for over $200 on ebay its totally random unless you get a brand new full sealed box of 24 in one order, that's the only guarantee of 1 glitter of a pony. By the way the Funko Fanatic forum really isn't into trading, because when I brought that up a lot of them got mad, they prefer when you find extras glitters to just give them retail price to other members, which I think is silly, trading makes more sense, glitters are worth more than retail because of their rarity.

For Sale Wants

AJLareneg

Whats funny is in the beginning Big Mac was the harder one to come by due to him going for over $200 on ebay its totally random unless you get a brand new full sealed box of 24 in one order, that's the only guarantee of 1 glitter of a pony. By the way the Funko Fanatic forum really isn't into trading, because when I brought that up a lot of them got mad, they prefer when you find extras glitters to just give them retail price to other members, which I think is silly, trading makes more sense, glitters are worth more than retail because of their rarity.
I also prefer the idea of trading them. That seems kind of silly. I guess it's nice they like to sell them at retail price, but I know me personally I hold onto them to trade later. I'm not interested in a  profit, but getting the ponies I like. :3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal