collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Blue Flu Discord)  (Read 67709 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Your info sounds right to me, Dashy! :D I think Sweetie and Spitfire are TRU exclusives, but  i could be wrong on that. I havent seen them in other stores.

And glitters can appear in other stores, not just at Hot Topic. I know I have seen glitter Lyra and Pinkie at TRU.

They used to be TRU exclusive for several months maybe 6+ not exactly sure on the time, but now other stores can pick them up, and they have the 1/24 chances for glitters not at TRU still though, only other stores, so far only one store in IL called Gamers World had Sweetie Drops/Bon Bon other than that we don't know of any stores picking them up. Most glitters of her that have been found are from websites that just started carrying Bon Bon and get there ponies directly from Funko, Spitfire has not been seen yet, because her re-release is a tad later for whatever reason.

In case anyone is looking for a Sweetie Drops/Bon Bon glitter one on ebay ends in 3 hours!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:08:08 PM by Aquatic Neon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Niksilp

• Trade Count: (0)
Your info sounds right to me, Dashy! :D I think Sweetie and Spitfire are TRU exclusives, but  i could be wrong on that. I havent seen them in other stores.

And glitters can appear in other stores, not just at Hot Topic. I know I have seen glitter Lyra and Pinkie at TRU.

Sweetie Drops and Spitfire were previously TRU exclusives, but they're becoming available at other stores, which is how the glitters for them are now being distributed, if I'm not mistaken.

Yup, I only ever preorder one of each and this makes the third time I've gotten a glitter. I was pretty shocked to get him, I figured I'd used up my pony luck on the last wave. Here's a pic of him:

Good luck to everyone on their preorders, I hope to see lots more glitters here as they start to roll in  ^.^

I'm actually really sad to see this picture of glitter Big Mac... I didn't like him much from Hot Topic's original picture, but this one shows that he's actually exactly how I was hoping he would look. :( Now I'd really like him, but I'm not willing to pay an exorbitant price, so I just have to hope I get really, really lucky and get one in my order (I bought 2x Applejack and 2x Big Mac).

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile

Sweetie Drops and Spitfire were previously TRU exclusives, but they're becoming available at other stores, which is how the glitters for them are now being distributed, if I'm not mistaken.
Also, glitter :muffin: Pony & Rainbow Dash were 2013 Amazon/SDCC exclusives so those won't be found in stores.

Gloomygirl777

Thanks for the info everybody. I feel like a have a little more knowledge now :read: Trying to catch up on a lot of lost time since I am new to collecting these.

Offline Dashy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info everybody. I feel like a have a little more knowledge now :read: Trying to catch up on a lot of lost time since I am new to collecting these.

Welcome. Feel free to ask any other questions you have. It is after all....THE PONY ZONE...=P

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Mine shipped the other day.  They were coming from Tennessee, I'm in Ohio.  So naturally they are now in Georgia.  I think they hijacked the fedex truck and decided to take a trip first seeing that they are going the wrong direction. :freak:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:16:10 AM by slj84 »

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Mine shipped the other day.  They were coming from Tennessee, I'm in Ohio.  So naturally they are now in Georgia.  I think they hijacked the fedex truck and decided to take a trip first seeing that they are going the wrong direction. :freak:

I've noticed this before.  I think they have an office in TN that submits the shipping orders to FedEx, but the warehouse that the packages are actually coming from is in Atlanta which makes it look like they are taking a little side trip. 

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Gloomygirl777

Sooo....I have still been calling my Hot Topic to check for AJ and Big Mac....but I seem to be getting a different response now. Before no one knew about them but now they have told me 2 times that they will have them by the release date. But I also noticed that it seems like Hot Topic took the street date off the site and obviously people are getting them in other stores. I am wondering if they already have them but they are holding them until the street date and just don't want to tell people???

What do ya'll think??
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:20:04 PM by Gloomygirl777 »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
@Gloomygirl777

I don't think so, my go to girl told me that she contacted headquarters or whatever and they said they can sell them when they get them!

For Sale Wants

Gloomygirl777

Ok. Thanks. Guess I gotta keep up my stalking routine!  :ninja:

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
My Big Mac and AJ are supposed to arrive today...but the tracking says they just got to the post office and to allow for one or two days for it to be delivered. Gah! I want them now, haha.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
Ok. Thanks. Guess I gotta keep up my stalking routine!  :ninja:

Yup ditto I'm used to it lol ;) btw LOVE your new picture!

For Sale Wants

Pony_Mama

Also, glitter :muffin: Pony & Rainbow Dash were 2013 Amazon/SDCC exclusives so those won't be found in stores.

Actually, I've seen glitter :muffin: at Barnes and Noble. I already had it so I didn't pick her up but she was there sans the exclusive sticker on the front.

Sprinklecupcake

I had my order shipped to store and I didn't get a glitter variant,but it was cool to be able to get one alot earlier than most seem to be! They still aren't actually in stock in the store, I just got one Big Mac.

Mine arrived with a dented up box though,which is odd seeing as it was shipped with packaging around it. Wonder why.

I also noticed that my local store has all the Funko Ponies very high up on a shelf so you can't pick them up yourself. Why is that?=/ I don't really like having to ask employees to get an item for me...

I have the exact same problem at mine...they are so high up you can't reach them at all. And of course that really sucks with the Funko Vinyls cause you need to check them all to find the best paint job...but obviously the employees don't want to get every single one down for you........
Ugh!! and when I asked at my Hot Topic for them to get some down the girl didn't even get a ladder she just took a big stick and started whacking them off the shelf :shocked: :shocked: I was like STOP!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I thought my store was the only one doing this! Like the Funko ponies are literally alllll the way on the tippy-top shelf up to the ceiling! O_o like hooow am I supposed to pick mine out!? I think its possibly they are hiding glitters up there xD

EDIT: I havnt picked any AJ or Big Mac up yet, waiting a few more days! No glitters in the area apparently. Soooo anyone else getting this strange response from HT employees when you ask for glitters and employees say, "sorry glitters are not availible in stores you can only get them from preorders from the website" although you have found/bought glitters at the store you are calling? I know this employee is lying to me, I know her voice anywhere UGH same chick thats worked there for 3 years and she run me up when I got my glitter Dr Whooves.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 10:57:06 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Gloomygirl777

Yea...that is really dumb to tell an obvious lie like that.......she was probably holding it for herself because if it was just for a regular customer that had called and asked for it why would she lie??? I hope I don't run into this problem at my HT.........we still haven't gotten in any AJ's or Big Mac's so I'm still waiting....

We need to write HT and complain about the top shelf!!!  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal