collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Animators Dolls  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Disney Animators Dolls
« on: April 23, 2014, 07:21:52 PM »
You guys know those toddler versions of the disney characters?  They made mini versions and you can find larger versions at disney stores (or other places, not sure).  If you guys still aren't sure what I'm talking about here are a few examples:

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-animators-collection/mn/1007201/

I just turned 30 and I feel weird, but I kind of want one of these dolls.  Is that weird?  Yeah I know I collect MLP and shouldn't think that wanting to buy one of these dolls is weird but it feels weird to me.

Did they make an Alice In Wonderland version?  Their newest make is Tinkerbell which I think would be so cute.  Are they expensive?  If so, are they worth the price?  Also, why do most of these dolls look like they are about to cry or act like you threatened to take their toy away?

Thanks in advance. :)

[moving to Dollhouse - kkat]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:59:45 PM by kaoskat »

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Animators Dolls
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:34:46 PM »
OMG, I LOVE THESE THINGS TO DEATH!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: lol.

I've been getting one or two of these at a time during my trips to Disney, tho I'm running out of room so I try to stick to my favorites. It's so hard when they keep coming out with new ones tho, and I haven't even started to get into the It's a Small World ones yet, if those had come out before the Princesses I would have gotten them all!

So far I have Ariel, Tinker Bell, Belle, Aurora, and Rapunzel. I really want Snow White next but I also really love Cinderella too, lol.

They are about $30 in the parks, maybe a bit cheaper in Disney Stores. I'm kicking myself hard for not getting the Frozen ones as soon as I saw them. How was I to know the movie would become a world wide phenomenon? lol.

BTW, I'm 26 and a Guy, so no there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying these, lol.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:32:17 PM »
The mini ones are not officially "Animators Collection" dolls but they do look a lot like them don't they? As for the larger ones have you seen the Mickey and Pooh fan dolls that are at TRU? Those also aren't tagged as Animators dolls but I'm pretty sure it's the same company that does them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:35:40 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

AnnetheCatDetective

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 10:05:47 PM »
They're big, which is why I don't think I want one... but they are so cute! I love seeing them in-store and online, I just don't think I've got room to be adding them to my doll collection... You know how slippery the slope is-- you say you're just going to get your one fave and then suddenly you've got five...

(if they were yo-sized I would buy all of them though ngl)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 10:08:00 PM »
I think the Mulan doll is adorable! Kind of want..

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 07:28:45 AM »
I have a Rapunzel, and she's adorable <3  Imo, they're worth the price.  My Rapunzel has a lot of hair, I was surprised at how thick it was.  Her outfit is nice too.  They are large, and not very poseable, but just so cute.  I really want a Pocahontas too, and all 3 of the frozen ones.  They're on sale atm also, at least online, for $20.

These are the only toddler dolls I like, all the others I've seen at other retailers just don't look like the same character at all, and these are much more accurate, and cuter imo.

I'm 30 too, and I don't think it's weird at all, they fit in well with my large collection of colorful ponies, and my dolls ranging from monster high to pullips to bjds. XD

Ianthe99

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 12:28:45 PM »
I'm almost 40 and I love them! No reason to feel odd about buying toys! I buy them when I find them at thrift stores. I have 3 versions of Rapunzel, Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella and Jasmine so far.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 04:35:21 PM »
Thanks everyone.  :)  Sadly our mall doesn't have a disney store, but there was one before that huge flood in RI.  I wish other stores had the official ones like in disney.  I'll bet if they made an Alice in wonderland she would be adorable.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 06:43:47 PM »
Majesty, there is one at Emerald Square still. Not as close as the Warwick one was but at least it's something. I myself haven't been in a while because it's impossible to get there with public transit.

Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 06:23:13 AM »
My daughter loves these:) we have quite a few and they are pretty large but super cute lol Im on the look out for tink and the frozen girls at the moment x

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 07:32:25 AM »
I LOVE this line...I'm keeping mine to a minimum, right now I only have Merida and Aurora, but I really want Tinkerbell as well.  If I ever run across her at my Disney Store, or if she's ever in stock when they go on sale online, she's mine.

Definitely not weird to want to collect cute things!

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 09:42:52 AM »
I only have Ariel right now, but I think Tinkerbell is cute too.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

suicidemilk23

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 02:15:02 PM »
I love this doll line! I have every one of the originals that had their pet sidekick and the newer Frozen trio as well as Tink. :) Tink is currently my fav, but Pocohantas and Merida are gorgeous. I also love original Tiana and Belle. Who am I kidding i love all 14 of them! XD The boxes are big and do take up room, but they are worth it.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 03:05:37 PM »
Majesty, there is one at Emerald Square still. Not as close as the Warwick one was but at least it's something. I myself haven't been in a while because it's impossible to get there with public transit.

Thanks, I know. :)  I love that mall it has everything.  I also take the RIPTA bus during the week when I'm working or on my days off to go Walmart or the Warwick Mall or something.  But, I can pretty much only go to the Emerald Square Mall when my parents feel like going which is hardly ever.  I went recently because they felt like going and I wanted to get my first build a bear pony Rarity.  I think I bugged them enough to take me.  I didn't decide I wanted one of those dolls until recently though.  :P

I saw a thread in the dollhouse that said Disney Stores aren't selling the animators dolls anymore.  Is that still the case or for only certain stores?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:07:58 PM by Majesty »

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 03:46:37 PM »
They're sooooooo cute! I was at Disney Land and purchased Tink!!! But besides that, I owned Belle, Cinderella, Pochahontas, Snow White, Ariel, and Merida. I've been waiting for forever for the Frozen trio!! These are my favorite dolls to collect! That, and I had a empty cabinet before...  :lol:
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal