collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies on Buisnessweek.com  (Read 791 times)

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
Ponies on Buisnessweek.com
« on: April 22, 2014, 06:30:58 AM »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies on Buisnessweek.com
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:17:15 AM »
That is cool to hear! I hope that means ponies for a long time :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »
I read that this morning :) There was a similar article on Seeking Alpha as well although it was all the same information. Very cool to read that even more people think ponies are as awesome as we always thought they were :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Empress Celestia

• Trade Count: (0)
MLP is the only reason Hasbro are in profit!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 12:59:15 PM »
I was on my way into work this morning and in the paper it said that MLP was the only reason Hasbro made a profit. What do you think of this?

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Re: MLP is the only reason Hasbro are in profit!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 01:04:23 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/21/us-hasbro-results-idUSBREA3K0D520140421

Just in case anyone wanted to read an online article...

I personally feel it would be awesome, if WE, the collectors, were seeing GOOD QUALITY CONTROL and high quality products from the stores... I think it's sad that "we" (not talking about anyone specifically, just, anyone who buys G4s at the store, including myself) are still buying all these poor quality projects and Hasbro is raking in the dough. We should start seeing BETTER quality items from them if MLP is bringing in the profits, I mean, better ponies should mean higher prices which should mean more profits for Hasbro, right?!

Yeah, the logic of business is not the logic of LOGIC.... :lol:
But, the overall point that MLP is popular enough to be bringing Hasbro up while companies like Mattel might be declining, is always nice. The last thing I'd want is to hear Hasbro was going out of business or something, I would be crushed! And if I have to buy some head/body mismatch ponies from the store to keep Hasbro going, I probably will, haha :lol:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 01:10:09 PM »
I am going to merge these topics together :) As there have been a lot of business press picking up this article. So it will be easiest to have them all on the same thread.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 01:10:18 PM »
That is awesome to hear! I hope more ponies for a long time and yes better quality!

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »
I personally feel it would be awesome, if WE, the collectors, were seeing GOOD QUALITY CONTROL and high quality products from the stores... I think it's sad that "we" (not talking about anyone specifically, just, anyone who buys G4s at the store, including myself) are still buying all these poor quality projects and Hasbro is raking in the dough. We should start seeing BETTER quality items from them if MLP is bringing in the profits, I mean, better ponies should mean higher prices which should mean more profits for Hasbro, right?!

They managed to cut down production costs by turning MLP into a capsule toy while sales continued to soar thanks to the show. I've seen G4 sets sold for the same price as a Monster High doll which is crazy.

I just wish there was a limited high quality sub-line aimed at adult collectors the way Barbie has their silkstones and vintage reproductions, I think after 3 decades it's time for Hasbro to acknowledge their loyal MLP fans a little more and take them more seriously.

That said, I'm glad they're doing so well cause hopefully that means there'll be many more things to come.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 05:45:47 PM »

They managed to cut down production costs by turning MLP into a capsule toy while sales continued to soar thanks to the show. I've seen G4 sets sold for the same price as a Monster High doll which is crazy.

I just wish there was a limited high quality sub-line aimed at adult collectors the way Barbie has their silkstones and vintage reproductions, I think after 3 decades it's time for Hasbro to acknowledge their loyal MLP fans a little more and take them more seriously.

That said, I'm glad they're doing so well cause hopefully that means there'll be many more things to come.

Couldn't agree more. :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 07:46:36 PM »
I wish they would use some of that cash they're raking in to at least make some new "playful pony" molds.  Come on, Hasbro.  Please.

I also hope this makes them pay more attention to their girls' toylines in general. I feel all their girls lines, including MLP, are pretty slapdash and "lolz whatever!" compared to the attention they give, for example, Transformers.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 05:34:04 PM »
I feel all their girls lines, including MLP, are pretty slapdash and "lolz whatever!" compared to the attention they give, for example, Transformers.

That's very true. Collectors of boy lines are far more vocal and demanding though, those guys are always ready for an international riot over the tiniest defect. When some of the recent Star Wars Vintage Collection playsets were shipped in beaten up boxes Hasbro had to take them back and ship them again with new packaging and extra white mailers for additional protection - whereas we'd be happy enough if the toy itself wasn't covered in glue residue.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 07:10:23 PM »
This is great news.  Though, after taking a marketing class, Hasbro's treatment of My Little Pony is all the more aggravating.  Hasbro should be investing in My Little Pony considering its revenue growth and high demand.  Just some simple quality control would do wonders.  However, more PONY characters would do even more to capitalize on the brand's popularity.  MLP is a star product right now, but Hasbro is treating it like a cash cow.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 04:33:11 AM »
I read it too! :)

I read that this morning :) There was a similar article on Seeking Alpha as well although it was all the same information. Very cool to read that even more people think ponies are as awesome as we always thought they were :)

This!!! :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 05:17:16 AM »
You know, I'm surprised I see no G4 ponies in the pic on Buisnessweek xD I'm actually quite happy to see some G1s and G2s in that pic
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal