collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blythe photos + discussion thread :3  (Read 17536 times)

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
Re: Blythe photos + discussion thread :3
« Reply #225 on: July 14, 2015, 10:12:57 PM »
So pretty! Did she come with a body that posable? My newest girl's body was not at all to my liking, so she was obitsued real early on.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2015, 05:56:46 AM »
Yep! She's a factory girl I got off aliexpress and some sellers sell them with pure neemo flexion bodies, which my girl has.

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2015, 08:30:49 AM »
It's a great match for her! I lucked out and was able to order a body that was a good skin match for my girl but unfortunately obitsu bodies are a little on the 'dainty' side and she has a little trouble holding her head up even with reinforcing everything.
May have to look into pure neemo in the future.
I'm happy for you that she did keep her make up and everything since I know you were really hoping for that.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Skitterbug

« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2015, 08:41:00 AM »
I'm really excited for my second girl to come in - she's for customizing and I already have a beach theme all planned for her. And then.. my third girl <_< (who will in the future be customized by Buzzingbumblebee, once I have the funds!)

I think I have a problem and her name is blythe.

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2015, 08:57:21 AM »
I have that problem as well. xD
Just be warned aside from being highly contagious, Blythe is known to lead to other sicknesses like Pullip and Tang Kou. xD
I currently have 5 girls, three Neos, one who is a customized factory girl, one Petite and one LPS . Then I have a Pullip Isul who is currently off visiting Vertefae and being made beautiful, one Tang Kou, and one Pullip Tae Yang. And I'm pretty sure that the family is only going to get bigger. xD.

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 15, 2015, 09:10:46 AM »
YOU GUYYYYYS i got my blythe in the mail today (had to pick her up from the PO) and she's GORGEOUS I opened the box and GASPED she is so pretty. I need to repaint her yellow eye chips because one has a skull in the pupil (?) but oh my goodness just LOOK AT HER

Congrats :). I'm glad you are so happy with her. Yeah some of the fakies have odd symbols in their pupils. I have two here a friend dropped off for me to customise, and both have that. One clovers, the other a big "B" in both pupils :P. It's convenient that some of the fakies come with this fake version of the pure neemo body. But I don't like the bigger chest they have, I don't like any of my dolls having big boobs ;). But it's neat that their neck piece actually fit the Blythe heads, no wobble :).

I don't think it's very common to use obitsu bodies for Blythe because the head is too heavy. Many use Licca or of course Pure Neemo bodies :).

I look forward to it Skitterbug ^_^. I'm happy that I have some commissions to do this summer, 3 dolls are already here and waiting for more to arrive.

And they are contagious, though I'm selling some Pullips because I want more Blythes instead :P.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:16:32 AM by Buzzingbumblebee »

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

Skitterbug

« Reply #231 on: July 16, 2015, 07:22:44 AM »
I got my girl for customizing in today! She has this lovely dark blue hair... I'm just waiting on my needle files and some sanding pads and then I can start working on her!

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 16, 2015, 07:34:14 PM »
I just ordered a custom factory girl and a couple Blythe stands and I'm super stoked! She should be here in a week or two.  :lol: Well, you're right, Blythes are contagious!
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Skitterbug

« Reply #233 on: July 17, 2015, 07:23:18 AM »
I did some carving, did my girl's eyelids, and made up a bunch of pullstrings and charms yesterday. I'm having a lot of fun! The carving is turning out really well too, imo. It's the first time I've ever done something like this! I'll try to get pictures of everything for you guys :)

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 17, 2015, 08:39:33 AM »
I just ordered a custom factory girl and a couple Blythe stands and I'm super stoked! She should be here in a week or two.  :lol: Well, you're right, Blythes are contagious!
Yes they are, very contagious but how can they not be, just look at them!

I did some carving, did my girl's eyelids, and made up a bunch of pullstrings and charms yesterday. I'm having a lot of fun! The carving is turning out really well too, imo. It's the first time I've ever done something like this! I'll try to get pictures of everything for you guys :)
Please do! I wasn't daring enough to try carving other than to fix a small sanding mistake on my girl, but I think down the road I'm going to have to give it a shot! I have a couple customs in mind already if I can just get the right dolls for the right price.

Skitterbug

« Reply #235 on: July 17, 2015, 10:28:44 AM »
Here's a link to the photo of the carving I have done - I'm still waiting on some needle files/burrs to get some detail sanding done.

http://i.imgur.com/x6g0Cxi.jpg

And these are the pullcharms I made! They each come in a set of two, one for the regular pull and one for sleep eyes. I think I'm going to put them up for sale on etsy.

http://i.imgur.com/aEgxbpr.jpg

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2015, 10:37:35 AM »
You did really good on both the carving and the pull cords.
I particularly like the die one which would work well for one of my customs I wanna make in the future.

Skitterbug

« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2015, 10:41:41 AM »
I call that pullcord set the 'Toybox' Set :) I have an extra ocean set, but that one's a surprise because it's for my custom girl. The green-corded set's two charms are a double sided toggle with the eiffel tower on one side and 'paris' on the other, and a little fake wristwatch, it's really cute.

I hope my sanding supplies get here soon, I'm so antsy not being able to keep working on custom stuff!!

And thank you, I'm really proud of my carving job and I'm glad to know other people like it too!

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 19, 2015, 09:34:34 PM »
I call that pullcord set the 'Toybox' Set :) I have an extra ocean set, but that one's a surprise because it's for my custom girl. The green-corded set's two charms are a double sided toggle with the eiffel tower on one side and 'paris' on the other, and a little fake wristwatch, it's really cute.

I hope my sanding supplies get here soon, I'm so antsy not being able to keep working on custom stuff!!

And thank you, I'm really proud of my carving job and I'm glad to know other people like it too!
I'm excited to see how she turns out! I couldn't carve out the faces, I feel I would either mess up or get lazy halfway through and stop  :P But the carving looks good! I also love the custom pullcords, that's something I really love about Blythes.  :D

On the off note, I was going through some old boxes of toys and LPS, and I found two LPS Blythes I'd gotten while I was younger. I've apparently been unconciously collecting Blythe dolls! It was so strange that I'd completely forgot about them.  ^.^ It was like a gift from myself!
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Skitterbug

« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2015, 05:36:18 PM »
I really want to get to the skill level where I'm comfortable taking commissions... I really enjoy working on blythe dolls! I'm still not confident enough to work on Takara dolls but I feel like my carving skills are pretty good... Maybe I'll put this girl up for sale when she's done!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal