collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NHL Play-offs!  (Read 712 times)

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
NHL Play-offs!
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:24:04 PM »
Ok, people!  I know there are a handful of hockey fans out there... Are you watching the NHL Play-offs?  Did your team make it? 

I'm currently biting my nails as my precious Blues are down 2-3 against the Blackhawks in Game 1...third period...11 minutes left... come on, Blues!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: NHL Play-offs!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:31:39 PM »
Well, I'm a Dallas Stars fan and they lost the first game of the playoffs :( However, I have faith that they will whoop some Anaheim butt  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 07:33:12 PM »
Go Avs! :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 07:40:52 PM »
Not in to hockey but I wish your team luck!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:21:07 PM »
It's really hard for me because the Blues and Blackhawks are my teams! u 3u My dad is currently at the game because he covers the Blackhawks during the playoffs (he witnessed them win the Stanley Cup live twice). I'm probably gonna go with my Blues though! They're my #1 team! Let's see how this series pans out.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 11:27:59 PM »
BLUES WIN in triple overtime (well, 20-something seconds into triple overtime, but still)!!!!  Whoo hoo!  Nicely done, boys!  Overtime hockey makes me sick to my stomach.  I think I'm just nervous, but when the announcers say the words "sudden death," it automatically makes me even more sick, lol!  It's a happy kind of sick though. :P  --- but a REAL kind of sick if we lose haha.

Bow Tie - That's awesome that your dad gets to cover the Hawks!  Is he in the media or newspaper or...?  My dad got a reeeeally good deal YEARS ago on a reeeeeally nice winter Blackhawks coat, but he will (usually) only wear it when he goes to Chicago lol.

Oneleo - We'll see if there's a potential second round match-up between our two teams!  I better not count my chickens before they're hatched though :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:38:55 AM by STLGusty »

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 01:43:55 AM »
Was just thinking of making a thread like this yesterday. But I didn't think anyone would post. But me. :P

Anywhoo. My teams are the Ducks (been a fan since their first season) and the Hawks (fan of them since late 90s). My other team is the Pens. My BFF and I where talking over dinner last night, as much as I want the Ducks to go beyond their round. I don't see it happening. They've lost a ton of ooomph since coming back from the Olympics.

Go Hawks and what I really want to see happen is the Pens win the Cup. So Go Pens.

Said BFF and I where at the Tank (booo!!!) last month. For her birthday I got her tickets to see the Pens play the Sharks. It was her second NHL game live and my first. Though the Pens lost it was still awesome to see them in person. She got some killer pictures.

Tomorrow I'm watching the Bruins (go Tuukka!) vs the Red Wings (she hates them). And relaying the score to her while she's out of town (and away from the TV). Yes we are those fans.

Am gonna be stalking this thread. And in case anyone asks, no playoff beard for me. I take after my Mom's family. Being half Native, I can't grow facial hair to save my behind. :P

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »
My team was literally as far away from playoffs as possible :( They are probably on the golf course by now.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 07:45:52 AM »
My teams are the Ducks (been a fan since their first season) and the Hawks (fan of them since late 90s). My other team is the Pens. My BFF and I where talking over dinner last night, as much as I want the Ducks to go beyond their round. I don't see it happening. They've lost a ton of ooomph since coming back from the Olympics.

Go Hawks and what I really want to see happen is the Pens win the Cup. So Go Pens.

Looks like you and MikeysGrrrl may have at it since it's Ducks vs. Stars this first round lol!

...and WE are going to have at it since I saw the phrase "go Hawks" Muhahaha...  The Blues did seem to lose some oomph, too, after coming back from Sochi.  I'd like to say we lost the last 6-ish games on purpose in order to have a great Midwest rivalry play in the first round (STL/CHI), but...probably not the case heh. Either way, we won last night, so I don't care. 

Pens are playing the Blue Jackets, aren't they???

Kiwi - Aw!  Who was your team?!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 09:21:41 AM »
Kiwi - Aw!  Who was your team?!

Buffalo Sabres :blush:
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 09:27:32 AM »
I was a Red Wings fan in HS but haven't watched in over 10 years.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 09:30:04 AM »
Im not much of a hockey person but dad will have it going.

Personally, I just wait till coaches corner to see what crazy outfit is worn xD

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 09:35:41 AM »
BLUES WIN in triple overtime (well, 20-something seconds into triple overtime, but still)!!!!  Whoo hoo!  Nicely done, boys!  Overtime hockey makes me sick to my stomach.  I think I'm just nervous, but when the announcers say the words "sudden death," it automatically makes me even more sick, lol!  It's a happy kind of sick though. :P  --- but a REAL kind of sick if we lose haha.

Bow Tie - That's awesome that your dad gets to cover the Hawks!  Is he in the media or newspaper or...?  My dad got a reeeeally good deal YEARS ago on a reeeeeally nice winter Blackhawks coat, but he will (usually) only wear it when he goes to Chicago lol.

Oneleo - We'll see if there's a potential second round match-up between our two teams!  I better not count my chickens before they're hatched though :)
My father works for the Chicago Sun-Times, so newspaper! :) He covers the Bears (that's his main thing) and then does some hockey and basketball during the off season. Whenever he covers the Hawks he brings me back souvenirs from the games if there are any of those free hand out things. I have a Flyers towel from when the Hawks won the Stanley Cup in 2010, he got me a Hossa boblehead, a Hawks towel and some other fun things from the games.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 10:58:53 AM »
You know the Wings are coming for you... right?

If you make it to... play them, that is... hahahah *let the trash talk begin* :heart: You know ILU though!! :hearts:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:00:50 AM by Sunshine »
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 11:29:44 AM »
Buffalo Sabres :blush:

Thanks for Ryan Miller and Steve Ott!!!  LoL  Seriously though, I have always loved Ott, and I was SO happy to get him - and even though I didn't know much about Miller, he's a pretty awesome goalie :)

My father works for the Chicago Sun-Times, so newspaper! :) He covers the Bears (that's his main thing) and then does some hockey and basketball during the off season. Whenever he covers the Hawks he brings me back souvenirs from the games if there are any of those free hand out things. I have a Flyers towel from when the Hawks won the Stanley Cup in 2010, he got me a Hossa boblehead, a Hawks towel and some other fun things from the games.

Ahh!  I'm SO jealous!  Asides from teaching, I had always wanted to go into journalism but was scared on how the job outlook would be (go figure that teaching outlook in Illinois equally sucks) - and what an awesome job to cover sports! 

Sunshine...Them be fightin' words!  :throw:  It makes me sad to see that fact, because it wasn't TOO long ago that the Blues had the longest play-off appearance streak out of any professional sports team--back in the 03-04 season (25 seasons straight, I think...1979-2004)....Not that we won a Cup during any of those 25 seasons, sigh.  :tumble:  Then the lockout occurred and screwed up eeeeeeverything.  :yikes:  @#$%^&!  Heartbreaking!  I think Boston and Chicago still have the all-time playoff streak appearances though (29-Bruins and 28-Chicago).  Dang it.   :rant:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal