collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you ever done anything to your ponies that you now regret?  (Read 5689 times)

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever done anything to your ponies that you now regret?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2014, 01:56:43 AM »
I tried to cut Dewdrop Dazzle's hair once...
Needless to say, she's now got a long mohawk... *nervously steps away*
As a kid, I'd give my ponies.. uh.. diving lessons. Luckily I only did it a couple of times and when I did, I always squeezed them dry. Still regret it though. Now one of my only non-ponyville G3s is probably moldy, but her neck is glued tight so I can't get it out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RavenQuinn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 04:17:44 AM »
My biggest regret was allowing my Mum to convince me I was too old for my ponies and should sell my whole collection when I was about 12/13. I had well over 100 ponies (all 80's and early 90's ponies), the fan club carry case, castle, nursery, salon, ballet school and a couple of other playsets that  I can't quite remember. All in great condition too, I never cut the hair or drew on them or anything. I wish I could have my collection back, but it's all gone :-( I've managed to get a few G1 ponies back, but they're normally in horrible condition. But I kind of like 'rescuing' them :-)

Thankyou to SDS for my avi and Sugarcup for my sig x

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2014, 07:52:13 AM »
I pierced Bow's ears when I was a kid. I guess I don't regret it though, because it's what makes her *my* bows, y'know?

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Noepse

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2014, 08:48:05 AM »
I cut the hair on one of my original Rainbow dashes. (Thank god not the version with bangs!)
Been thinking about rehairing her for a pretty long time now, the short hair just really bugs me.

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2014, 09:08:12 AM »
Selling my G4 fashion styles. :(

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2014, 09:14:11 AM »
I was pretty good with my ponies when I was little, but that was mainly from experience . . . I washed my poor Cotton Candy so many times (and then brushed her tail, and then trimmed the long ends) that she ended up w/ no tail at all.  Then I cut the forelock off Baby Cotton Candy and was startled to see the holes left behind.  I remember washing Glory and noticing her glitter was coming off--that's when I wised up and became more careful.  But sadly I got rid of all those ponies in high school except Cotton Candy, who now has a new tail from a donor :)

My main regret as an adult collector is that I put the stable saddle on Lemon Drop for ONLY A WEEK yet that was enough time for her to get faint saddle stains . . . always keep those pink saddles far away from your ponies!!!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline candiedapples

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2014, 09:25:31 AM »
I cut the hair on one of my original Rainbow dashes. (Thank god not the version with bangs!)
Been thinking about rehairing her for a pretty long time now, the short hair just really bugs me.
I DID give a haircut to my Rainbow Dash with bangs!  >_< And traded her away, not realizing how uncommon she was.

ETA: I wish I hadn't washed the factory curl from Morning Glory's mane and tail!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 11:39:34 AM by candiedapples »

Summer Daze Swap Wishlist
Banner made by dashesndots

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2014, 09:58:25 AM »
Do custom FAILS count?  I've wasted a surprising amount of apoxie sculpt and G4 Stylin' baits custom-ponies-gone-wrong.   I even added a bit of hair to the last one to see if it would improve her looks.  Nope.  Poor Ms. Cakes pt. 1 and 2. 

Luckily- assassin_kitty was able to rescue a custom on her way to being a botched swiftwind custom (in progress for 2 years) and turn her into a REAL Swiftwind!!!
I pierced Bow's ears when I was a kid. I guess I don't regret it though, because it's what makes her *my* bows, y'know?

Wow she looks freaking adorable like that! You did a pretty great job...

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2014, 10:14:03 AM »
I like those earrings, too! Very 1920's Flapper-girl! You should TOTALLY make her a fringe dress and little cigarette palette for her to wear :lol:
My biggest regret was not being able to rescue my friend's ponies from her wrath! Every time she was angry at ME she'd take it out on her ponies (her family was much better off than mine, so hers weren't as precious) She had my favourite Ponywear...Hearts and Candy, and she scizzored the whole outfit right in front of me one day! She also purposefully pulled the tails out of her ponies and showed me...I thought it was terrible she was torturing her poor ponies! Luckily my mother never let me bring my own ponies to her place, so her wrath never hit my herd :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2014, 10:20:45 AM »
I like those earrings, too! Very 1920's Flapper-girl! You should TOTALLY make her a fringe dress and little cigarette palette for her to wear :lol:
My biggest regret was not being able to rescue my friend's ponies from her wrath! Every time she was angry at ME she'd take it out on her ponies (her family was much better off than mine, so hers weren't as precious) She had my favourite Ponywear...Hearts and Candy, and she scizzored the whole outfit right in front of me one day! She also purposefully pulled the tails out of her ponies and showed me...I thought it was terrible she was torturing her poor ponies! Luckily my mother never let me bring my own ponies to her place, so her wrath never hit my herd :)

Wow what a psycho!  She obviously did it to traumatize you, I don't care how "well off" your family is, there is no excuse for destroying your toys.  My mom would have been absolutely livid....

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2014, 10:27:17 AM »

Wow what a psycho!  She obviously did it to traumatize you, I don't care how "well off" your family is, there is no excuse for destroying your toys.  My mom would have been absolutely livid....

She was pretty harsh, but could also be very kind. In the quick to act, quick to forgive life of childhood, I think she actually liked that i would fix her ponies after she'd mangled them. The Hearts and Candy was the only thing I couldn't fix, though i tried my best! My mom had taught me to sew from a VERY young age (like 3) and I often made little yarn haired ponies from scraps of fabric left over from her doing alterations for people for extra money to feed us. I was so upset at myself that i couldn't fix the H+C outfit so that it fit again...

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2014, 07:18:35 AM »
I threw away a flutter wing (hides)

Jules x

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2014, 07:27:14 AM »
Trimming the front pieces of my childhood G1 Ponies' hair so they could "see" better.

THIS!  The only one I recall trimming happens to be Mountain Boy Fireball, of all ponies. *Slaps self*  I felt so bad for him because his forelock was in his face and he could not "see."  My neighbor was from England and gave him to me as a kid, though I had no idea he was a UK exclusive until I starting collecting as an adult. 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Moonracer

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2014, 07:38:59 AM »
Oh gosh... where do I begin...

- Letting my parents throw out the Show Stable. This makes me sad, since I really liked that playset. Though on the other hand, the roof was broken, all of the accessories were missing and most of the stickers were worn significantly, so I don't know if it could've been salvaged...

- Painting some of my ponies with markers. I might've mentioned this already, but there was one point in my childhood where I became obsessed with Native American culture (it was at the time when Pocahontas first came out) - so one day I decided that I should have my pony herd play the role of a Native tribe, and thus I gave some of them "warpaint". Most of them went through it okay, and eventually all of the marks disappeared over time, but some still retain their markings - Little Giggles being the worst offender... :P

- opening up Tuneful - this refers to getting her head loose, so that I could clean up her insides. Because the glue was increadibly hard to loosen, I decided to use an x-acto knife to help the head come off. Unfortunatelly I went a little too far with it which resulted in cutting a little bit into the pony's body.  :yikes:

Though, to be fair, it doesn't look so bad once her head's back on. :P

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2014, 07:57:11 AM »
As a child I gave a few ponies hair cuts. There were a couple where I just cut the frizz off the ends. However, my Bluebelle, Cotton Candy, and North Star got major hair cuts because I wanted to make them boys...

I also somehow got my hands on a razor and tried to deflock my North Star with it. She's got a major gash to her leg and many cuts. It didn't take me long to figure out the razor wasn't going to get rid of the flocking. I wasn't very old and am not sure how I managed to get my hands on the razor! I'm grateful that I didn't end up hurting myself, but so sad about what I did to the ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal