collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Oliver & Company Fans  (Read 1335 times)

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Disney Oliver & Company Fans
« on: April 17, 2014, 01:28:06 PM »
So I'm on another forum for collectors of Oliver & Co. I run this weebly page
http://oliverandcomp.weebly.com/

I was wondering if anyone had any merch they would be ok with photographing to add to the site. If I don't already have a photo of it. I know there is more merch out there just photos are a pain to find. There is a dodger pillow pal somewhere in the world. I've yet to see one! I think I've already done an alright job scouring ebay and other sale forums + other countries. I do have most of the pin photos from sites like pinpics just I haven't updated that section of the page yet.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Oliver & Company Fans
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 03:05:26 PM »
I love Oliver & Company, but all I have is the DVD and a couple of the books (which are already on the site).

Not sure if it interests you, but I do have a couple of Disney & Me magazines which have a story and some puzzle pages. One of them also has a 2-page poster in the middle featuring Fagin and the gang, and there's an advertisment for an Oliver & Company themed issue at the back of my Disney annual. I can scan them in if you'd like.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

phoenixsoul85

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 03:25:13 PM »
I just got the Oliver finger puppet in a mlp lot last week.  I wondered why it had a hole in the back.  I've had the ornament since I was little.  Are they pretty hard to come by?  I'd love a Dodger ornament but not too keen on keeping the finger puppet.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 03:47:28 PM »
I just got the Oliver finger puppet in a mlp lot last week.  I wondered why it had a hole in the back.  I've had the ornament since I was little.  Are they pretty hard to come by?  I'd love a Dodger ornament but not too keen on keeping the finger puppet.

I used to see the finger puppets all the time at flea markets...now: not so much.  I seem to find Oliver, Dodger, and Georgette more frequently than  Franics.  Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen Francis 2nd hand.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 03:58:51 PM »
Oh wow! Oliver & Company is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. I don't own anything you don't already have up there though.

I used to have that ceramic Dodger and I really cherished it, but my mom tossed it in a move without my knowledge. :( I had no idea there were more in the set.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 04:09:27 PM »
All I have are the DVD and CD soundtrack. I used to have the McDonalds Happy Meal toys. Oliver & Company is my favorite Disney soundtrack. I've loved all of the songs since I saw the movie in the theatre back in 1988 when I was 10. :biggrin:

Offline JazzMatazz

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 04:10:42 PM »
I love Oliver & Company, but all I have is the DVD and a couple of the books (which are already on the site).

Not sure if it interests you, but I do have a couple of Disney & Me magazines which have a story and some puzzle pages. One of them also has a 2-page poster in the middle featuring Fagin and the gang, and there's an advertisment for an Oliver & Company themed issue at the back of my Disney annual. I can scan them in if you'd like.

Yes! I'd love to see scans!

I see the ornaments once in a great while thrifting but they are starting to get harder to find.

Oh wow! Oliver & Company is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. I don't own anything you don't already have up there though.

I used to have that ceramic Dodger and I really cherished it, but my mom tossed it in a move without my knowledge. :( I had no idea there were more in the set.

I got really lucky and I bought Dodger & Oliver of ebay for about 14 then found the rest at a local thrift store a week later at 7 bucks a piece! They've since gone up a bit in price I think. I haven't kept tabs on the price fluctuation since I own them.
My Wishlist  Instagram

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 05:28:21 PM »

Yes! I'd love to see scans!
Here ya go (image heavy):

Spoiler

These are the front covers of the issues they were in (the top ad was from the 1999 Disney & Me  annual):

http://i.imgur.com/1HCgJtx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PVRH4J8.jpg (from stickers onward)

As you can tell, I only kept the Lion King-centric comics unfortunately. I also attached an extra pic of some free stickers that were advertised, since Oliver was there (hey, maybe there's a die-hard collector out there who might wanna keep an eye out?) XD
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:32:10 PM by Sora »

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 05:53:14 PM »
I love this movie! I find it to be really underrated and I wish there were more merchandise.

The movie actually came out in theaters the year I was born and movies weren't always released immediately afterwards on video back during that time in the 80's, so I actually had never heard of it until the 1996 theatrical re-release and subsequent debut on VHS. at that time I thought it was a brand new movie, lol.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 06:29:18 PM »
It's so weird that this thread popped up because I was just listening to some of the music from this movie!

I want the Georgette porceline (sp?) figure so bad...
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 07:35:55 PM »
The movie is darling! I don't collect though.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 08:00:23 PM »
Oliver and Company is one of my favorite Disney movies. I had no idea there was that much merchandise out there. I have the original Oliver plush and the McDonalds finger puppets and ornaments. I'm going to have to search for the rest. I wish the movie was more appreciated. It seems like it's one of the movies Disney ignores.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »
I had never heard of that magazine before! It looks so fun! I've already added them to the site, thank you so much! Also I just finished overhauling the pin section and adding the last of my backlog of saved photos. I'm finally out of new stuff to post for now.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:12:37 PM by JazzMatazz »
My Wishlist  Instagram

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 06:13:57 AM »
Oh I have some Dodger plush, I ll look to see if you already have them. My dog is a real life Dodger :P So I am always on the look out for anything featuring him,
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
Just the original movie over here...but you have 'why should I bother' in my head now xD

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal