collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your Frozen dolls  (Read 52811 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your Frozen dolls
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2014, 02:30:16 PM »
I saw this on a Disney blog and thought everyone here might be interested in seeing it too.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/frozen-attraction-coming-to-epcot/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+Blog%29&utm_content=FeedBurner

I found some new Frozen stuff  :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's pictures of the Elsa Art set I mentioned earlier

And a picture of the back so you can see what it includes. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2014, 03:27:24 PM »
I have mixed feelings about the attraction  :huh: On the one hand, Maelstrom was in need of an update. Badly. On the other hand, I don't think Disney should be fictionalizing EPCOT, considering the World Showcase is meant to celebrate real countries. Not to mention the fact that that ride building is pretty small, and from what I've heard they're just using the ride that's already there. In which case, my hopes are not high...

Sorry, I'm a Disney parks fan when I'm not on the Arena!

Anyway, I tried for Coronation Elsa again! Hoping this one actually shows up  :crazy: But she's missing a rhinestone or two on her bodice, so I'm gonna have to figure out how to replace that.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

honeysuckle1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2014, 06:26:27 PM »
Tell!!!! come on Moss dont leave us in suspense  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:

Post Merge: August 28, 2014, 04:21:53 AM

Hey wait... it wasnt *you* who bought floating hand Elsa was it?  :wow:  :what:
 :bateyes:  :silly:  :bolt:
You found me out! I had to have such a unique piece in my collection, and what a bargain price for her, too! :P

No, Coronation Elsa it is! I'm crossing my fingers that she ships soon, because the suspense I killing me! It's also killing me that she's gonna have to live at home, but I'm just super excited to finally have her!

I wanna see floationg hand Elsaaaaa!!!!

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2014, 07:38:56 PM »
Tell!!!! come on Moss dont leave us in suspense  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:

Post Merge: August 28, 2014, 04:21:53 AM

Hey wait... it wasnt *you* who bought floating hand Elsa was it?  :wow:  :what:
 :bateyes:  :silly:  :bolt:
You found me out! I had to have such a unique piece in my collection, and what a bargain price for her, too! :P

No, Coronation Elsa it is! I'm crossing my fingers that she ships soon, because the suspense I killing me! It's also killing me that she's gonna have to live at home, but I'm just super excited to finally have her!

I wanna see floationg hand Elsaaaaa!!!!
She's been relisted for a higher price  :drunk:

Search "elsa classic doll error" and witness the madness (not sure if we can post live auction links?)
link

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2014, 03:43:46 AM »
Nope we cant post the link unfortunately, but its easy enough to find her :P
(*is still LOLing @ higher price* :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: )

Moss I really wish you all the best in getting you hands on Coronation Elsa this time :hug:  dont worry about the Rhinestones - its pretty easy to buy those at a hobbycraft or similar store  :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #305 on: September 13, 2014, 06:13:57 AM »
EDIT: Wait wait wait.... so they are putting a fictional setting.... in Epcot? LOL thats so weird!! Are they closing down just the ride or are they replacing the whole country pavillion? I REALLY wanted to take my hisband to the resturaunt during the food and wine festival which ALWAYS fall on our marriage anniversery, it would be a shame if they replaced all of Norway with Arendale! I think maybe they should have put the Arendale attractionin Magic Kingdom, seems more fitting, yes?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:32:34 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 13, 2014, 06:30:24 AM »
The last time I was there (about a month ago), I think they'd stopped the masks/cutouts/stamps altogether, but don't quote me on that. And as far as the restaurant goes (if you mean the sit down one?) that's been a Princess character meal for a few years. I do hope the bakery stays, though!

But yeah, it's just not the right park for Frozen. Sounds like Disney wanted to put something in as fast and as cheaply as possible. Which, considering how much money Frozen made them, is really disappointing. But then again, Norway itself didn't seem to care much about the pavilion, so I can't say I can blame Disney for seeing the opportunity. I'm just disappointed that a) it's gonna mess up the World Showcase theme and b) Frozen will probably never get a well themed, dedicated space (in Fantasyland!) and this'll be it.

Plus the lines! The pavilion is so tiny, and between the ride and meet and greet lines, it'll be horrific!
link

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 13, 2014, 06:32:01 AM »
In my opinion, the whole "Frozen" idea could work for the ride (Not that I'm a fan of it, but the park is getting it anyways). The thing is, the ride needs to be done correctly. If they want to tie in Frozen, that's fine, BUT the need to connect it more to the country's history/culture then the actual story of Frozen. Much like the ride in the Mexico Pavilion with Donald and his gang, they were able to combine the cartoon with real life culture in the ride. If they do this with Frozen, I think it could be better than Malstorm, as it did when I was younger scare me as a kid, but only if they use the Frozen characters to teach the guests about Norway and not just tell the story of the movie everyone's seen 20 times.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:49:26 AM by okamigirl64 »

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #308 on: September 13, 2014, 06:46:24 AM »
Moss: thanks! Glad someone else feels its not the right Park for the attraction! And OMG yes it was a bakery! I LOVED their little bakery!!!! <3 I got to eat in the princess resturant with Snow White back in 2006ish! :)

okamigirl: i TOTALLY agree!!! I really hope they put tons of Norwegian culture into the attraction. Im 3 gens Scandinavian decendant and it makes me kind of sad to know most people didnt really care much for Norway or much of Scandinavia until Frozen came out. I honestly saw lots of scandinavian architecture, boats, and flower designs, 'rosemaling' older folks will call it, in the film but it still lacked a lot of culture I hope the attraction will deliver that was missing from the movie. What bothered me in the movie the most is the lack of accents LOL! Although Pixar is a different section of Disney, I like what they did with Brave (accents, clothing, designs, folklore, etc). I dont want people to like Scandinavia because of Frozen, I want them to like it for what it is and what makes those countries unique!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2014, 12:54:34 PM »
I saw a young Elsa, young Anna and the rock trolls set today. It was really cute. The dolls look like they are about 5-6inches high.

Ponyfan

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 13, 2014, 08:37:22 PM »
Based on what the Parks blog has said, it sounds like it's just going to be a retelling of the movie  :sad: Can't say I was ever a huge fan of Maelstrom, it's just the principle of the thing that bothers me. And I was so hoping for a big themed area in the Magic Kingdom. I was discussing it with someone online not that long ago. We'd planned it near the Rivers of America, and part of the water could be "frozen" over. They'd have Arendelle's castle and marketplace as the area to walk around (with restaurants and chocolate shops, of course!) and the darkride would be "in" the castle. We thought the ride could be done with sleds as cars, maybe even trackless like the new Ratatouille ride. Elsa's ice palace could be in the distance, like the new Beast's castle. It was a great plan, and I know it wasn't going to be exactly like that. But still, I'm disappointed that the big ride Frozen deserves is just gonna be an overlay of an existing ride, where it doesn't belong at all.

Anyway, rant over!

Someone on a Disney forum I frequent posted pictures of new Coronation plush dolls for both of the girls! Can we post things from other people's flickrs if we give credit?
link

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 15, 2014, 05:59:29 AM »
The US Disneystore.com has some new items today. They don't have dolls but they have some other things. 

Ponyfan

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #312 on: September 15, 2014, 08:28:55 AM »
Thanks for sharing! Wowow guys there is soooo much Frozen random merch I cant take pictures of it all! Everywhere I go I spot new stuff!! Soooo much new Frozen stuff! No new dolls yet however! ;)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 15, 2014, 03:04:32 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of new Frozen merchandise too especially at Target in the dollar section. I finally got the Elsa and Anna party plates. :) Does anyone have the jewelry box from the Disney store online? It looks nice online but does it look as nice in person? I'm a little worried that the description says cardstock (I'm assuming the box is made of cardstock. )

Did the full Frozen on Ice show get removed from Youtube? I tried to find it but all I could find was clips from the show. 

Ponyfan

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 15, 2014, 08:40:52 PM »
There are still a few videos up, it just takes a bit of hunting. And the full shows keep getting removed, I think. Also, there's apparently exclusive merch for the ice show! They have dolls of the girls that are a little different than the Disney Store ones. I saw pics of Anna on tumblr, actually. Her face is a bit rounder, and she's got less makeup and such. They look nice. And they have a bunch of other stuff, too! Speaking of merch...

Here are some pics from a mall run this weekend! The first two are from Claire's. They had a whole bunch of stuff, but these things were the most... interesting  :P

The first Anna braids are a headband, and the Elsa braid is a clip-in. The baseball hat had the braids on it, too. Actually, they had baseball hat hair things for most of the Princesses.

And look who I found in JC Penney! Finally grabbed her for my sister! These are a bit small than the Disney Store plushes, but they're just as detailed.

And then, to round off the post, something kinda haunting but really nice: Let It Go (no instruments)
link

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal