collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: white windy!  (Read 1059 times)

MidnightViolet

• Trade Count: (0)
white windy!
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:07:16 PM »
I just received my first lot of baity g1s. I got a white windy!! Her cutie mark is faded and looks purple but she has decent hair and there's no doubt its her, yayy! ^.^

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: white windy!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 09:13:24 PM »
I'd love to see it :) will you be able to get pics soon?

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 10:17:08 PM »
There's no conclusive proof "white windy" is anything more than degrading plastic dye, as far as I'm aware - and a fair bit that points towards it being a chemical process.  While an interesting oddity, she's in the same category as "rare white haired Posey".   That said, as long as you love her, more power to you.  ^.^ 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 12:15:58 AM »
She is super neat white but I agree it is a regular one faded, I did a thread on mine who was all white and then when you took her head off the lavender ring had not whitened yet. ^.^

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 01:17:56 AM »
Yeah definitely a faded pony but if you think how much hype we give faded Blue Belle I think White Windy also deserves to be recognised as a pony in her own right :) I have one and she looks gorgeous in white with her blue symbol :biggrin:

MidnightViolet

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 01:42:16 AM »
Oh lol ok xP i agree she deserves to be a variant. i totally thought she was lol but I'm super noobish so yah..is there a not so soft sundance or has this one been deflocked. UGH i wish i could post pics. oh wait i can give you guys the link again...

Post Merge: April 15, 2014, 01:43:47 AM

Ok here is the lot i won http://m.ebay.com/orderDetails?itemId=181371045421&txnId=0
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:43:47 AM by MidnightViolet »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 05:39:51 AM »
White windy is a tricky one! I do think she is faded rather than being made white :) I think she had the same dye issues as those white blue bells you see.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 08:33:32 AM »
There's my thread on White Windy here in the Nirvana forum and there are pics so you can compare her to yours :) although many people think she's just a faded Windy, there are those who belive her to be a true variant, and therefore desireable. As the others have mentioned with White Blue Belle, her differences are WAY more obvious when compared to WW. To be considered a "true" White Windy, she must be extremely pale because she was either that color to begin with or prone to fading, have blue symbols without any hint of purple, some say silver sparkles, and be found in Europe, because that's where all of them seem to have been found so far :)
I think the solid proof people are looking for at this point is a MIB White Windy without a faded display card. Until that happens, though, it's simply a matter of choice and belief.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:39:01 AM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 04:46:36 PM »
I bought a white windy from a reputable seller, she had the blue symbols and she was white, however I opened her head to re-hair her and I saw that she still had some of the lavender/pinkish color on her neck, so I am thinking faded, even though she is super pretty white  :satisfied:

Would love to see pics  :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:51:07 PM by angelponies »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 11:58:07 AM »
I bought a white windy from a reputable seller, she had the blue symbols and she was white, however I opened her head to re-hair her and I saw that she still had some of the lavender/pinkish color on her neck, so I am thinking faded, even though she is super pretty white  :satisfied:

Would love to see pics  :)

My white windy is identical :) blue symbols, white body (however she appears creamy next to a white pony), but when you pop her head off you can see very faintly traces of lilac.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

MidnightViolet

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 03:30:04 PM »
She probably is just faded but her symbol is purple though. It might just be faded blue.. but it really does look straight up purple :?

Post Merge: April 16, 2014, 03:32:34 PM

Also, Pinkkittywinks in the first pic you posted, mine looks like the one on the right. In the second pic she's on the left. She looks like all the other white ponies i have, just a sort of a creamy white beige-faded color with a REALLY white head.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:32:34 PM by MidnightViolet »

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 05:44:01 PM »
Very nice comparison photos, PKW...it's nice when someone has excellent examples of both ponies to make a side to side comparison!
So as you can see, there's a lot of debate on her authenticity. Personally, I believe her to be a faded body with different paint than a normal Windy...a paint that is prone to aging toward blue. Because it's something that happened at the factory (i believe) i consider it to be a true variant, unlike say, a Posey with white hair, which is just fading due to age and UV exposure. People have tried fading a "normal" Windy to blue symbols, but i'm not sure anyone has succeeded to the point that a true White Windy has. *please correct me if I'm wrong*

MidnightViolet

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 06:37:22 PM »
Nuuuu wwaahhz i don't want to be a fakiiie whhyyy???
 :cry: *tear

phoenixsoul85

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 06:51:44 PM »
Faded, variant, whatever... she is pretty.  Congrats on the new pony.  Enjoy!!!

MidnightViolet

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 10:50:19 AM »
Thanks!! I just realized though.. I've mixed up Confetti's and Windy's tails  :shocked:
It only just occurred to me that the one with chartreuse in her main would have chartreuse in her tail xP uuugggghhhhh ---______---"

Post Merge: April 17, 2014, 10:51:07 AM

i really could have used this realization BEFORE i put the curlers in lol *eyeroll*

Post Merge: April 17, 2014, 10:51:37 AM

And yayyy i'm a custom bait pony today lolol xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal