collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Harry Potter swap - finished!  (Read 25650 times)

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter swap - check in due 6/7!
« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2014, 05:11:08 PM »
I finished up my sewing last night but now I have to see if I want to sewing another clothing item or make it with clay.. how does everyone feel about sewing and sculpting together?

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2014, 10:13:57 PM »
Wow Saja, and shipping from AUS is already expensive! I am super intrigued about your pony though...

scrub-adub: I can totally see that it's Hermione in her Yule Ball dress :) Definitely try a different paint, watering it down and using a fine brush for detail work. I bet there are some great YouTube tutorials on painting details. I should look it up too...  :lookround:

scrub-adub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #317 on: June 02, 2014, 08:41:34 AM »
Wow Saja, and shipping from AUS is already expensive! I am super intrigued about your pony though...

scrub-adub: I can totally see that it's Hermione in her Yule Ball dress :) Definitely try a different paint, watering it down and using a fine brush for detail work. I bet there are some great YouTube tutorials on painting details. I should look it up too...  :lookround:
Thanks for the tips!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 02, 2014, 10:52:37 AM »

Thanks for the tips!
No problem, most of us can improve in some areas.

Question: What is your favorite quote from the HP series (books or movies)?
Dumbledore has so many great quotes. Quotes that make me ponder my life. I'll have to pick one. But for fun, 2 of my favorites are in the CoS movie. I LOVE when Draco says 'I didn't know you could read', Tom Felton does such a fantastic job there. He's not even being mean, he's actually baffled. Love it. And when Lucius is in Hagrid's hut and says "You call this a house?" he does the same thing, normally he would be saying that in a mean spirit but he is honestly perplexed by the fact. So good. Makes me laugh every time.

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 02, 2014, 12:37:35 PM »
So hard to choice just a few lol
Harry Potter: Aren't your feet cold?
Luna Lovegood: A bit. But all my shoes have mysteriously disappeared. I suspect the Nargles are behind it.
Ron:"It's Levi-OOOOH-sa not LevioSAR." She's a nightmare, honestly. It's no wonder she hasn't got any friends!

Ok working on this pony and doing some research I now know I MUST read these books lol Im off to the book shop this week to get the last installment of mortal instruments so I think I will see if I can a grab a copy of the first book x

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #320 on: June 02, 2014, 01:57:48 PM »

erm....I use so many HP quotes on a daily basis, that I don't know that I could pick just one...or 5....or 10. as seen by my list for this swap (sorry partner) I can't narrow down my HP favs, because I fav them all...Except Umbridge.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2014, 03:08:20 PM »
Yes, it so hard to choose a quote! There are so many good ones. And yes, Umbridge the worst! Probably the worst person in the books. I feel like Voldemort is less evil in some respects.

I suppose if I had to choose just a couple quotes I would pick when Luna says "You're just as sane as I am" and "Words, in my most humble opinion, are the most inexhaustible source of magic we have" from Dumbledore. Dumbledore has soooo many great things to say though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 02, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »

erm....I use so many HP quotes on a daily basis, that I don't know that I could pick just one...or 5....or 10. as seen by my list for this swap (sorry partner) I can't narrow down my HP favs, because I fav them all...Except Umbridge.
I dunno, when my bestie and I are having bad days with our super drama queen kids we have been known to text "You know... I really hate children." which we don't really mean but it makes us laugh to quote her.

I think I love "Of course it's all in your head, but why should that mean it's not real?" the best.

I also love everything Luna says. She's so great.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #323 on: June 02, 2014, 04:30:53 PM »
There are a few I say a lot, haha. Most of them come from Ron. I love the way Rupert plays Ron, he does a great job pulling off the 'I'm a teenage boy and so I'm not always as sharp as I could be' thing and being very genuine and lovable.

One that comes up a LOT is 'Why couldn't it be follow the butterflies?' Because there is a butterfly exhibit at my job, and it's the next building down from mine, so sometimes people come in and need direction. And we have these giant butterfly flag/sculpture things that lead over to the gardens. So I literally get to tell people to follow the butterflies.

One of my all time favorites is this scene

Also, not exactly a quote, but this was another favorite moment. This is awesome. Fred is smoooooth

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:40:20 PM by NoDivision »

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 02, 2014, 07:51:39 PM »
Lol
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #325 on: June 02, 2014, 08:50:20 PM »
I love the scene where the spiders want Ron to tap-dance :heart:

One of my favorites, that I also use a lot is
"Don't let the Muggles get you down" - Ron
(used a lot in conversation also, "no post on sundays" and "I shouldn't have said that, I should not have said that" and "I WAS DISTRAUGHT!" and "why couldn't it be follow the butterflies" and "I'd like a nice cup of tea, or a large brandy" .......we have also have "always" engraved in our wedding bands)

other favorites are:
"Actually, I'm highly logical, which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook." - Hermione

"You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach" -Hermione (that whole scene is brilliant)

"You may not like him Minister....but you can't deny...Dumbledore's got style" -Kingsley (movie) Phineas (book)

Harry: "Hagrid warned me about the dragons."
Ron: "No, I did! Don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you! Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along. I thought we'd be alright, you know, after you figured that out."
Harry: "Who... who could possibly figure that out? It's completely mental. "

"I suspect the Nargles are behind it" - Luna

"Anyway, my mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end." - Luna

"I don't think you're a waste of space" - Dudley

"She needs to sort out her priorities" - Ron

"Working hard is important. But there is something that matters even more, believing in yourself. Think of it this way; every great wizard in history has started out as nothing more than what we are now, students. If they can do it, why not us?" - Harry

"Percy wouldn't recognize a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy." - Ron

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" - Dumbledore

'Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.' - Dumbledore

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ' Dumbledore (he has sooooo many good quotes)

"The ones that love us never really leave us." - Sirius (we used this one on the memorial at the wedding)

"The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you, in one night, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons! " - McGonagall

Mad-Eye Moody: "For those of you who haven't taken Polyjuice Potion before, fair warning. It tastes like goblin piss."
Fred: "Have a lot of experience with that, do you, Mad-Eye? ...Just trying to defuse the tension."

I could probably go on all night XD

Offline puuush

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Customizing is my destiny
    • View Profile
    • etsy
« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2014, 12:27:23 AM »
Favourite quote:
"Turn to page three hundred and ninety four" –Snape
:)

wanted | etsy Avatar by AnnaPommes, signature by LunaCat. Thank you.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2014, 06:03:05 AM »
"Not my daughter you b****!"

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2014, 08:06:57 AM »
You guys have some great quotes!! I'd forgotten about some of them :) The spiders and the tap dancing scene was so perfect.

Around here, when my kids are acting spoiled and demanding, I say to my husband "36?!?!!! But last year I had 37!!"

Also, when Umbridge asks Snape if he failed to get the post of teaching the Defense Against the Dark Arts position and he says, "Obviously." It's so perfect. Although everything Snape says is perfect. I'm always amazed at how Alan Rickman looks nothing like the Snape JK described but how he so owned that role.

Random question: You know the movie scene in Prisoner of Azkaban where they are casting at the boggart? Am I the only one who finds that freakish clown jack-in-the-box to be wayyyy scarier than the snake?? I saw the clown thing in an exhibit and it was even creepier in person.

scrub-adub

« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2014, 04:23:40 PM »
My favorite quote has to be...
The entire felix felisis scene in HBP
Daniel is SO funny and such a good actor

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal