collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Harry Potter swap - finished!  (Read 25567 times)

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter swap - partners sent, start working!!!
« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2014, 01:52:02 PM »
I have never read the books so I prefer the movies..

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #181 on: May 06, 2014, 01:59:55 PM »
When descriptions from the book don't match the presentations in the movies, which do you prefer to see on your pony?

Hm... I guess it would depend specifically on the thing. I don't think I put too many things on my list that would be that different. When it comes to actual plot and characters I prefer staying true to the books, but I think the movies did a great job with the visual representation of the HP world.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2014, 07:35:25 PM »
Fave movie: Chamber of Secrets (I <3 Lucius in that one, but I hate the spiders!). I also love the first film even though the centaurs make me pull my hair out just because it's so fun kind of being reintroduced to everyone. :) (My favorite book is the 3rd but it's my least favorite movie because the director SUCKED.)

Movie vs. book accuracy: It just depends. I like the black/blue Ravenclaw from the later movies, but I like the book's version of the centaurs. I usually lean towards movie though. I think... :lookround:

Pony update: In a rare couple of efficient days I got a bunch of sculpting done. I was lucky enough to have the bait I needed. If it comes together really quickly I may make a second pony (no sculpting needed on that one) just because it was so hard to decide between the 2 ideas I drew up and I want to make it!)

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2014, 09:18:42 PM »
What is everyone's favorite book? Mine is hands down Goblet of Fire as that is when the story really "grew up" in my opinion and sooooo much happened in it.

Favorite movie: DH1 as it is the only movie that really followed the book.

I am very...uptight about the movies in comparison to the books as my first taste to the entire series was the movies and I was not all that impressed, but once I read the books (Started after Half-Blood Prince came out) I was in love. And the butchering of the fourth movie... I literally can not watch that movie anymore as so much was taken from it and just...no. /end mini rant.

Glitter: Yes, but don't over do it.
Metallic: Same as with glitter.
Flocking: No thank you.
Gloss or Matte: I prefer a matte finish
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:20:49 PM by Midnight_Dream »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2014, 09:27:13 PM »
Im waiting on my bait in the mail
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2014, 09:34:21 PM »
I'm watching the order of the Phoenix tonight. 

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2014, 01:35:55 AM »
Fav movie- toughie I love the Goblet of fire followed closely by The prisoner of azkaban
as for references I have only seen the movies(dont throw fakies at me) I keep meaning to read the books but not got round to it yet:)

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2014, 02:22:06 AM »
Hehee, before last week I hadn't seen the movies and only had read the books :D

Post Merge: May 07, 2014, 06:19:16 AM

Forgot to answer the questions :blush:

When descriptions from the book don't match the presentations in the movies, which do you prefer to see on your pony?
I prefer the books, but I can live with the movie versions, too. The movies did pretty good job on visualizing the books, so for this swap go ahead and use them as an inspiration if you haven't read the books.

Fav movie?
Hard one. I guess everything after the three first movies, the first three were a pain to watch through for me... XD It was a shame as Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite book.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:19:16 AM by Uninu »

Offline rarity91

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2014, 09:58:19 AM »
Movie vs Book: I haven't read the books since highschool (6ish years). I would prefer the movies :)
I'm waiting on my bait :p

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »
Fav movie- toughie I love the Goblet of fire followed closely by The prisoner of azkaban
as for references I have only seen the movies(dont throw fakies at me) I keep meaning to read the books but not got round to it yet:)

I won't throw fakies at you :D But you will LOVE them. So MUCH happens in the books that doesn't in the movies. They left out whole characters! I keep wanting to read the UK versions of the books. I saw a list of the terms they changed to publish the US versions and I was shocked! i.e. torch for flashlight etc...

Question: You are a Hogwarts student and it's a sunny Saturday afternoon  (and all of your homework is done). Where would we likely find you?

I'm thinking I'd be in the library anyway, dueling other Ravenclaws in the Transfiguration courtyard (anyone else play HP on XBox?) or pestering the ghosts asking them about themselves and their lives.

scrub-adub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2014, 12:55:39 PM »

I won't throw fakies at you :D But you will LOVE them. So MUCH happens in the books that doesn't in the movies. They left out whole characters! I keep wanting to read the UK versions of the books. I saw a list of the terms they changed to publish the US versions and I was shocked! i.e. torch for flashlight etc...

Question: You are a Hogwarts student and it's a sunny Saturday afternoon  (and all of your homework is done). Where would we likely find you?

I'm thinking I'd be in the library anyway, dueling other Ravenclaws in the Transfiguration courtyard (anyone else play HP on XBox?) or pestering the ghosts asking them about themselves and their lives.
Chilling in the court yard under a tree with my buds

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »
Bit late to the question-answering party, but here goes: 

Styling Size:  No objections here.
Glitter:  As long as it's not flaky and making a mess, I'm cool with it.
Metallic:  Sure.
Plain/Matte:  Also fine.
Flocking:  Not too fond of this, to be honest.
Books or Movies:  Either for 1-6, but I could never finish the 7th book, so I'd prefer the movies in that one's case.
Phrases:  Either context is fine.  I actually can't think of anywhere this one would apply, as far as what I like in the series.
Where would I be:  Probably just wandering the halls, admiring the architecture, and looking for secret passages and shortcuts.  I used to love doing that in the video games, as well as messing with the prefects at night. XD

Did I miss anything...?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:52:25 PM by ApertureScience »

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »

Hm... I guess it would depend specifically on the thing. I don't think I put too many things on my list that would be that different. When it comes to actual plot and characters I prefer staying true to the books, but I think the movies did a great job with the visual representation of the HP world.

THIS! Admittedly I have seen the movies more, because its easy.
But I have read the series at least 10 times...and I swear every time I re-read them, I fall in love with the details all over again <3
the HP book flowers are awesome!!
and I have a few shots of the wedding decor!
The table decor! The tops of the jars each had a different HP book art on it  (cauldron idea from nodivision)

the welcome table!
the memorial says "those who love us never really leave us" and yes, the pony was our guest book (idea from PoD, made by hannaliten!)

I don't seem to have a good shot of the frogs, except the photo of my sample box ( I designed the boxes, and hubby made the frogs! team effort)

I made wands and spell books (not pictured) for all the little kids that were attending (and a few special requests from adults....including my mother in law - haha)

and in this shot, you can see the floating candles on the arch ^_^

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:41:45 PM by jupiternwndrlnd »

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2014, 06:38:51 PM »
Ive not read the books, so movies for me!
AND OMG gorgeous, your so gorgeous, those pics are awesome thanks for sharing!!
and wands and spell books that's so cool!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2014, 06:50:27 PM »
Those pics are awesome Jupi! How big were the chocolate frogs?

For those who read the books, which is your favorite?

Also, has anyone here been to the Harry Potter world at Universal Studios? I really want to go, but I want to know how it is and if it is really as awesome as it looks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal