collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread  (Read 94203 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread
« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2014, 10:41:28 PM »
Are the books any good? I saw them at Books a Million today but wasn't sure about them. Are they too kiddy or are they a good read?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Ever After High Dolls General Discussion Thread
« Reply #226 on: December 24, 2014, 12:47:05 PM »
Are the books any good? I saw them at Books a Million today but wasn't sure about them. Are they too kiddy or are they a good read?
I found them enjoyable. There are a few pop culture references that made me eyeroll a little but the stories are interesting. They give some cool insights into the characters. If you watch the webisodes there is definitely more depth and a little more darkness/maturity compared to those. Still for juvenile readers though.
Warning: The books totally made me want the dolls more!

Untitled by ☆ Flitter ☆, on Flickr

I liked The Storybook of Legends the most I think. The Unfairest of Them All is good too. A Wonderlanderful World isn't bad but it wasn't what I was expecting and seemed to take a long time for not a whole lot to happen imo. Once Upon a Time is a collection of short stories each focused on a single character. Even though it's the most recently released it takes place before the events of The Storybook of Legends. It'd be ok to read it first if you wanted.

I don't know if I will read any of upcoming books like Next Top Villain. They're written by a different author and seem to deal with more trifling topics. I'm kinda anxious to hear what people think of those once they're out.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 11:06:32 PM by Flitter »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 24, 2014, 04:14:20 PM »
I enjoyed book one and I SO loved Maddie's conversations with the narrator XD. They are such quick, easy reads that I will read them all. And Flitter, you are so right that they make me want all of the dolls!

I feel like they explain the characters so much better than just the Webisodes, like why Apple is soooooo obsessed with her happy ending.

I am looking forward to the new stories because they have Lizzy and Shuffle! lol :alittleobsessed:

Bottom line is: they are not great literature or anything but I enjoy the character development and most of the humor (you are right about the pop-culture references, Flitter. Eye-roll-a-thon).

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 24, 2014, 09:12:28 PM »
You guys are making me want to read them! XD Like I need a reason to want the dolls more than I already do :lol: Are there only 4 books? I would love some more in depth look into the characters. I think I'd like these and I wish I had asked for them because they might have been under the tree if I had haha.
My Wish List

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 25, 2014, 05:39:29 PM »
I recently read the books too  and I really enjoyed them TBH   I thought I wouldn't  :blush:  -  I didn't know about the 4th one until now *grabby hands*  :wow:  they definitely help you understand the characters more, and they are not too kiddy either.  I am a little worried by the change of author for the next ones  though - I like the way Shannon Hale wrote these stories. I loved the Apple White doll but I didn't much like her character when I checked out the webisodes recently  as they made her seem selfish and petty... but I like her again after reading the books as you understand why she comes across that way  :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 25, 2014, 07:41:11 PM »
Definitely getting them as soon as I get some money :lol:
My Wish List

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 25, 2014, 08:10:46 PM »
Definitely getting them as soon as I get some money :lol:

I checked out the first 2 from my library but I think I'll buy the next 2. They have some of little stories online if you go to the Ever after high website, sign in, and go to 'downloads'. They have the mini stories for Ashlynn, Hunter, Apple, Raven, Maddie and Briar (Raven's and Apple's are just exerpts from the first book). They are like 10 pages or so. I know Lizzie's is coming soon, as well as a mini story for Shuffle, her hedgehog. Or do they have them in that 4th book?

I think I'll grab Ashlynn and Hunter tomorrow if I see them <.< >.>

roselalonde

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #232 on: December 25, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »
I'm glad the EAH books are a decent read for a juvenile series, I got the first three for Christmas today. My parents were confused as to why I wanted them, but I think I'll enjoy the books/they'll look good displayed next to my dolls. :frolic:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 26, 2014, 03:38:36 PM »
I'm glad the EAH books are a decent read for a juvenile series, I got the first three for Christmas today. My parents were confused as to why I wanted them, but I think I'll enjoy the books/they'll look good displayed next to my dolls. :frolic:

They should be glad their kid likes to read! XD My boys HATE reading.

Ashlynn and Hunter are MINE :D She looks so pretty out of the box and after I got her hair taken down. I had a $5 gift card and they were on sale so I got them for $20. Also, my WalMart had zero EAH dolls and only Hauntlywood Scaris Operetta left on their shelves. I hope that means they will restock with new lines!

EDIT for news: Morieris on the MH Arena posted this and it's been confirmed that she (Darling Charming) and Rosabella are going to be 2 of the dolls released in 2015
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 03:59:14 PM by Salli »

roselalonde

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #234 on: December 26, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »

They were more confused because I'm 19 and wanted little kid princess books, but I'll enjoy them like I enjoy the episodes; I know it's not the most AMAZING thing ever and that there are some cheesy parts but I'll still enjoy it for what it is!

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 27, 2014, 03:36:58 AM »
I just got my first EAH doll.  :biggrin: I found Cupid at Marshall's last night for $14.99 and went for it. Any tips for getting her hair all unfrizzed though? I tried my fabric softener + water combo and it didn't do much for her.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 27, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »

They were more confused because I'm 19 and wanted little kid princess books, but I'll enjoy them like I enjoy the episodes; I know it's not the most AMAZING thing ever and that there are some cheesy parts but I'll still enjoy it for what it is!

I'm 37 and a wife and mother of 2 I LOVE them!! XD I just read Ashlynn and Hunter's mini stories and I was audibly "awwwww!"ing.

Noxx, I'd like to know the same thing, my Lizzie has frizzy hair too. I didn't know there was a 'cure' so I left her alone.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 27, 2014, 11:18:10 AM »
Hmmm...my library system only seems to have four books in the entire county:

The Storybook of Legends
The Unfairest of Them All
A Wonderlandiful World
...and Next Top Villian

I put in a request for all of them :)  Better late to the party than missing out, right?

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 27, 2014, 01:50:16 PM »
Oooh she'll make a really pretty doll!

Congrats on your first doll, Noxxbunny! Soon you'll be getting two... then three... then four... ;)
My Wish List

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 27, 2014, 01:51:15 PM »

I'm 37 and a wife and mother of 2 I LOVE them!! XD I just read Ashlynn and Hunter's mini stories and I was audibly "awwwww!"ing.

Noxx, I'd like to know the same thing, my Lizzie has frizzy hair too. I didn't know there was a 'cure' so I left her alone.

My fabric softener + water combo has been a lifesaver for frizz on all my ponies and even the plush pony hair, this is the first time it hasn't worked for me.  :lol:

Oh and I know. Help me. I'm already going to Target to look at other things but I may end up with another doll depending on what they have!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:09:33 PM by Noxxbunny »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal