collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls  (Read 52767 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Re: Equestria Girls
« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2015, 10:21:43 PM »
Oh...molded hair :(
(takes off EQG's head and switches it out with molded hair boy :hmm: )
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2015, 11:44:52 PM »

Same thing I was thinking of. There is nothing inherently feminine about the girl's head molds so I think with a repaint a girl's head will work just fine. Sour Sweet even looks like she might be close in color.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 14, 2015, 12:10:08 AM »

Same thing I was thinking of. There is nothing inherently feminine about the girl's head molds so I think with a repaint a girl's head will work just fine. Sour Sweet even looks like she might be close in color.
I hope the jacket isn't molded on too :( I mainly need Flashes (yes, more than 1 XD) for customs. Specifically one I've been DYING to do :lovey:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 14, 2015, 12:53:46 AM »
I'm pretty sure they haven't had peg feet in a long time now.

Yup! The peg-legs were only the first wave-I think Hasbroken were seeing if it would take off and when it did they upped the quality a bit. The Rainbow Rocks dolls and onwards also have slightly better rooted hair.

It's a bit of a pain for my pegleg dolls as they're jealous of the fact the other girls have more shoes than them now XD

Carrie

They don't want us to find out that the EQG have hooves instead of toes XD

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 14, 2015, 01:09:55 AM »
The moulded hair I could live with (though, it's 2015, Hasbro, and all the men I know have the same kind of grooming routines women do and it's not going to blow any child's mind to be able to brush and style a guy' hair), but...WHERE ARE HIS EARS  :mad: Consistency plz. I bet the box art has his pony form, too.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 14, 2015, 01:14:45 AM »
The moulded hair I could live with (though, it's 2015, Hasbro, and all the men I know have the same kind of grooming routines women do and it's not going to blow any child's mind to be able to brush and style a guy' hair), but...WHERE ARE HIS EARS  :mad: Consistency plz. I bet the box art has his pony form, too.

He lost his hears in a gym accident.  While pumping iron to work on his rock-hard abs, :muffin: forgot to spot him.  The barbell took off his ears in one fell swoop.  The humanoid ears are actually painted danish that :muffin: stuck on using a paste of glue and tears.

Post Merge: February 14, 2015, 01:18:09 AM

...wait wait wait...is glam-rock winged Twilight standing on top of the school playset like Batman?  XD

Also, the playset's whiteboard: Globe!  Science!  Love! DEATH BY ARCHERY!  (or math)

So...what is the Katniss-esque tie-in?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 01:18:09 AM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #321 on: February 14, 2015, 01:36:52 AM »
Well even though his face is goofy...definitely getting someone to make one of him into a Danny for me XD oh! Yeah still need a EQG Surprise too!

-all giddy now with anticipation-

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 15, 2015, 09:49:16 AM »
Well he wouldn't be the first boy doll to get plastic hair. Photo Finish looks great, though! And I want to like the green and pink girl but her colors just aren't quite working for me.

Oh I know there are plenty of plastic haired dolls :) I am just not a fan. My MH/EAH collections are absent of all boys, partly for this reason. Just dont like :P
None of the EAH dolls have plastic hair and the only MH dolls that have plastic hair are Deuce, Gil, Holt, and Heath and none of them are supposed to have actual hair so I guess that's why they went with plastic.

Sorry was grouping everything together. I am not debating the why of them having plastic hair - in many ways it does make more sense...I just dont like it. No idea why, its just been something that annoys me in general for some reason.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #323 on: February 15, 2015, 02:22:53 PM »
ok excuse me     :shocked:  freaking out over here

i love that turquoise and purple equestria dolls, sour something... i think that color combination is awesome

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #324 on: March 01, 2015, 03:28:00 PM »
i finally found adagio dazzle

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2015, 11:43:03 AM »
So...what is the Katniss-esque tie-in?

I realize that they changed the concept- but there is no denying that the "FRIENDSHIP GAMES" pony-dolls are DEFINITELY ripping off/trying to take advantage of the popularity of the Hunger Games.

No coincidence that the Hunger Games books/movies are most popular with the tween crowd (I know we love them too) - and Hasbro is trying to market these dolls RIGHT to this crowd (maybe steal some Monster High glory)

I love me some Hunger Games books/movies/dolls- but MLP HUNGER GAMES? Even revised as "FRIENDSHIP GAMES" the concept seems a bit wrong to me. NOT MLP.

Still.  Three new characters with articulated elbows and knees-  two of them quite cute! I don't know if I will ultmately be able to resist.  Also I kind of love the outfits Dash and Flutters are wearing...

(more of the same from EQdaily- at http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/2015/02/piles-of-equestria-girls-friendship.htm-  lwho took the photos from fashiondollworld.de

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:45:12 AM by Galactica »

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 03, 2015, 04:59:18 PM »
Nice collection. :)  I'm not a huge fan of Equestria Girls but it's still a great collection.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2015, 02:38:55 PM »
So...I've had a Deluxe Fluttershy for a while and finally opened her and yikes, I'm glad she wasn't my first  :cry: Her hair is all different lengths, the longer part of her hair (the pony tail, if you will) is literally a wisp of hair, and she's got a hole in her head from a missing weft, it also feels really light and...odd? not very silky :/  Some of her hair is damaged from being tied to the box, too. I got the one with the dark pink hair as opposed to the salmon pink as I had heard this one had the better quality, but it seems not. It's a shame, because my Celestia from the same wave is gorgeous.

I've given it a good wash and condition so hopefully it'll be a bit nicer, else I might give her a trim to it's less of a mess.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #328 on: March 12, 2015, 03:15:08 PM »
I trim all the "pony" tails off, they do my head in and don't look very nice at all imho. It's  shame about your Flutters though, mine has absolutely gorgeous hair asides from the usual first release EQG baldy bits!

Carrie

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 12, 2015, 03:25:02 PM »
So...I've had a Deluxe Fluttershy for a while and finally opened her and yikes, I'm glad she wasn't my first  :cry: Her hair is all different lengths, the longer part of her hair (the pony tail, if you will) is literally a wisp of hair, and she's got a hole in her head from a missing weft, it also feels really light and...odd? not very silky :/  Some of her hair is damaged from being tied to the box, too. I got the one with the dark pink hair as opposed to the salmon pink as I had heard this one had the better quality, but it seems not. It's a shame, because my Celestia from the same wave is gorgeous.

I've given it a good wash and condition so hopefully it'll be a bit nicer, else I might give her a trim to it's less of a mess.

That's too bad! I guess I got lucky- my original deluxe FS was pretty nice.

I am glad that they seem to have ditched the weird "pony-tails" in favor of a clip you can decide to use or not use- as warranted.

The new deluxe Fluttershy has a super sweet face- I haven't actually had a chance to remove her from the box though- so the jury is out on whether she is better or not.  I HAD ordered that deluxe Applejack (black leg and all) - but Kmart botched my order twice- and now she seems to be sold out everywhere.

Question for the Equestria Girls experts-  did this doll ever get released in the US? visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I don't think I ever saw her- but that UK store (that had the new Novis) had her- and I found myself ordering her (not even sure why!)
http://www.thetoyshop.com/My-Little-Pony/My-Little-Pony-Equestria-Girls/My-Little-Pony-Equestria-Girls-Rainbow-Rocks/My-Little-Pony-Equestria-Girls-Rainbow-Rocks---Twilight-Sparkle-Doll/p/520647
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:43:07 PM by Galactica »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal