collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls  (Read 52740 times)

Offline kandipony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • "always dresses in style!"
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
Re: Equestria Girls
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2014, 09:25:21 PM »
is zecora the 1st eqg doll to not have one of those awful rat tails?
I really wish they all had rooted tails, that would seriously make them so much cuter!
No. Certain ones don't. The new Equestria Girls Collection dolls don't have them and the majority of non-mane 6 characters don't have them either, as well as some of the variants.

good to know, thanks! sounds like they're fazing out that feature, I can't say I really mind them either way though cuz it's pretty easy to just cut them off.

jemboi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2014, 09:33:15 PM »
is zecora the 1st eqg doll to not have one of those awful rat tails?
I really wish they all had rooted tails, that would seriously make them so much cuter!
No. Certain ones don't. The new Equestria Girls Collection dolls don't have them and the majority of non-mane 6 characters don't have them either, as well as some of the variants.

good to know, thanks! sounds like they're fazing out that feature, I can't say I really mind them either way though cuz it's pretty easy to just cut them off.
I'd say that's true. Only the first wave of dolls had them. None of the newer ones that I'm aware of have that feature.

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2014, 10:09:34 PM »
the only new one I have is rainbow rocks fluttershy and she has it. well, had it cuz I cut it off lol

QueenGusty

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2014, 03:58:39 PM »
Yeah, I cut the tail things off too XD can't stand them XD Pinkie who comes with the markers doesn;t have them and Vinyl doesn't even because her hair is short. Also as a note, Marker Pinkie's hair is rooted differently to the others to allow for her pigtails. You cannot put a regular EQG's hair in pigtails. Bald spots ahoy!

Carrie

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »
Yeah, I cut the tail things off too XD can't stand them XD Pinkie who comes with the markers doesn;t have them and Vinyl doesn't even because her hair is short. Also as a note, Marker Pinkie's hair is rooted differently to the others to allow for her pigtails. You cannot put a regular EQG's hair in pigtails. Bald spots ahoy!

Carrie

good to know! I was actually kinda curious when I initially saw that pinkie w/ pigtails if she would have a proper parting of her hair for pigtails so thanks for sharing that! I'd love for them to give pigtails to applejack eventually, I bet she'd look adorable!

QueenGusty

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 01:57:22 PM »
Pinkie's adorable with her pigtails. I've left them in for now. I presume the Dazzling girl with pigtails will be parted the same.

Carrie

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2014, 03:23:10 PM »
Are the Rainbow Rocks doll any better quality wise than the first collection of dolls? I'm not really Huge into them but I've found I must like them enough because I own 4 of them, lol. I really didn't plan on getting any more but I'm really starting to love DJ Pon-3.

However, I really wasn't impressed at all with the quality of the 4 dolls I own and I don't think I would have ever paid full price for any of them, I got them all on clearance. Are the new dolls any better. Right now I'm really only interested in DJ but I may be willing to shell out for her if her hair isn't that tangly cheap crap used on the original dolls.

jemboi

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2014, 06:25:35 PM »
The deluxe ones are pretty nice with their articulation but otherwise I'd say the basics are fairly cheap but still cute.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 07:55:35 PM by jemboi »

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2014, 07:18:15 PM »
Are the Rainbow Rocks doll any better quality wise than the first collection of dolls? I'm not really Huge into them but I've found I must like them enough because I own 4 of them, lol. I really didn't plan on getting any more but I'm really starting to love DJ Pon-3.

However, I really wasn't impressed at all with the quality of the 4 dolls I own and I don't think I would have ever paid full price for any of them, I got them all on clearance. Are the new dolls any better. Right now I'm really only interested in DJ but I may be willing to shell out for her if her hair isn't that tangly cheap crap used on the original dolls.

I just got the movie accurate rarity today and her hair was a dry, ratty mess. I soaked it in some fabric softener hoping it would help but it still feels like straw :/ my 1st wave rarity actually had much nicer hair than this one. over all though her face-up and outfit are really nice. I'll probably try flat ironing her hair next time or something to try and tame it some more.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 07:36:17 PM »

I just got the movie accurate rarity today and her hair was a dry, ratty mess. I soaked it in some fabric softener hoping it would help but it still feels like straw :/ my 1st wave rarity actually had much nicer hair than this one. over all though her face-up and outfit are really nice. I'll probably try flat ironing her hair next time or something to try and tame it some more.
I've heard they were rooted a bit thicker but some colors of hair took a hit in quality to compensate.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

jemboi

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2014, 07:55:10 PM »

I had the same problem with them all except Twilight. I'm in the process of rerooting them since thebhair is terrible quality. All the rest of the Equestria Girls dolls have had nice smooth hair (at least in my case). It's a shame but I love the new molds and facial screenings, so they'll be awesome after I get their hair did. :P

My SDCC stuff was delivered today!

[post merge ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:14:45 PM by hathorcat »

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 08:15:28 PM »
well I'm glad to know mine wasn't the only one with dry hair.

also, great pix! I'm happy to finally see some out of box pix of her! thanks for sharing! :)

jemboi

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2014, 08:17:22 PM »
I really like Mane-iac in hand. She's nifty! 8)

I forgot to put the logo on my pics (silly little thing I like to do)...

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:25:19 PM by jemboi »

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2014, 09:05:56 PM »
is her outfit a jumpsuit w/ a lace skirt stitched on or is the skirt separate?

jemboi

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2014, 10:49:13 PM »
I'll have to look at it better but I'm pretty sure it's part of her skirt. It's got crazy different types of material that is cut up in layers. Goes well with the theme of her hair. She is wearing what appears to be a jumpsuit underneath the armor like top and boots. Like I said I need to look her over better. I'll check back in later. She's super cool though. I'm very happy I got her. :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:52:28 PM by jemboi »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal