collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Im a lizard mummy!  (Read 1854 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Im a lizard mummy!
« on: April 08, 2014, 04:55:32 AM »
My offsider and I wanted a new, more interesting than goldfish pet for our room. We planned on getting an axilotle or two, but apparently they don't play well with goldfish and vice versa. So we came back to work with a pair of two month old blue tongue lizards! Ive never owned any reptiles before but instantly fell in love with these cuties. We did want a snake but the boss said no.

Anyhow, this is Harold and Booba, the newest addition to our nursery room at work. The kids love them and have been surprisingly gentle with them, some were a bit hesitant at first but warm up and can't help giving them a pat.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Im a lizard mummy!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 05:06:15 AM »
Amazing! I love reptiles!

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 06:55:44 AM »
Congrats!  Those are some great-looking lizards.  Herps make such interesting pets!

Blog

Offline happycootie

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • G1 collector & animal lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 07:34:32 AM »
They are so cute! I love the names you chose for them too  ;)

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 07:47:12 AM »
They're skinks, right? Cool pets!

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 08:59:39 AM »
Aww, congrats on the new additions :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
Congrats! They are too cute!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 10:07:12 AM »
Beautiful little ones! It's great you're introducing kids to scaly buddies.

I also must admit when I first read the thread title my brain went in a completely different direction...

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 04:32:46 PM »
Thanks all, they are skinks, here in Oz they call them blue tongues but other places call them skinks.

My offsider named Booba and I called mine Harold, was going to call it tank but that was apparently a stupid name for a lizard. So I chose something even stupider.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 12:16:31 PM »
congrats on the lovelies!
and it's nice to hear the kids love them too, and the ones who were shy at first are also warming up to them! I love reptiles (amphibians even more), and I feel sad about how much hating they receive. most of these people whom I had the chance to ask why replied that they always had a fear of them, and they were also brought up like that. in most of the cases it's coming from "told by my parents"-type ecperiences, not from first-hand experience fear. I'm sure if children are introduced to them at a younger age it helps a lot in them becoming an adult who isn't afraid of them and doesn't hate them.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 01:12:48 PM »
Oh they're very cool!  Skinks are near the top of my fav lizard list :D

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 03:55:18 PM »
Cute!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 04:18:26 PM »
congrats on the lovelies!
and it's nice to hear the kids love them too, and the ones who were shy at first are also warming up to them! I love reptiles (amphibians even more), and I feel sad about how much hating they receive. most of these people whom I had the chance to ask why replied that they always had a fear of them, and they were also brought up like that. in most of the cases it's coming from "told by my parents"-type ecperiences, not from first-hand experience fear. I'm sure if children are introduced to them at a younger age it helps a lot in them becoming an adult who isn't afraid of them and doesn't hate them.

This is very true. Ive got one little fellow in my room that hasn't quiet warmed up just yet, I was so happy when his mum and older sister came in to pick him up and they both patted harold to show him there was nothing to fear.

My assistant director was absolutely terrified of them when we brought them in, but she happily handles them now and lets them sit on her shoulder. I wish the other staff would at very least give them a pat to show the kids they are ok. Most are just being idiots about them. Even after explaining they are just babies, they won't bite, and they are pretty chilled out they still flip out.

I understand as I am not a big fan of bugs and terrified of butterflies, but at a centre I used to work at we had stick insects that I would get out for the children, I don't hate bugs im just a bit uneasy with them, I know its no good for tge children if I show fear of them so suck it up and get in there with whatever animal.

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 05:07:25 PM »
Cute!  I always have and probably always will love herps.  I currently only have two leopard geckos, but my little female I've had for almost 20 years!  Poor thing, I got her when I didn't know how to tell the different genders apart, and she is named George!  Eventually I'd like to get a ball python or five!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 05:14:08 AM »
Cute!  I always have and probably always will love herps.  I currently only have two leopard geckos, but my little female I've had for almost 20 years!  Poor thing, I got her when I didn't know how to tell the different genders apart, and she is named George!  Eventually I'd like to get a ball python or five!

Lol we have a feeling Harold may be a female, its hard to tell apparently with them even when they reach maturity, I think Harold is a cute name for a female anyhow. I love geckos, we had a family of them that lived in the carport at one of my old homes, im not too sure what sort they were but they were sorta transparent to a degree with a pinkish tinge, very cute.

We wanted a snake but the boss said no. There were baby bearded dragons too that were pretty adorable, most reptiles you need a permit or licence for though. In our state you can own common blue tongues without one. I think every other state in Australia you do need a permit to own them though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal