collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Small thrift finds  (Read 323 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Small thrift finds
« on: April 06, 2014, 08:07:24 PM »
I haven't found anything stupendous at thrift stores or flea markets lately, but while I was in my favorite thrift shop the other day (lots of bags of toys for $3 or less), I found a pony. She was hidden by a giant fakie, but then I cast another glance at the bag and saw the MLP mark on her feet. She has her crown and robe; pretty cool. :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My mom and I went pony hunting the following Saturday, and after a disappointing half-inhabited flea market, we went to a thrift store and found Butterscotch and a fakie. Fun to at least find a pony. :) And they were each .25, so I can't complain. The cashier reminisced with us about how her daughter loved My Little Ponies back in the day.

The thrift store we went to next had fakies, a G3.5 Pinkie Pie, and a bubble gum machine with a purple G3 on it. I didn't buy these, not knowing much about them. My mom bought a G2 Lightheart plush in dirty condition. At least she's rescued. I did get some Pokémon plushies for my sister.

I was pretty disappointed that that afternoon there was practically a monsoon -- terrible rain and tornadoes and flooding -- and I couldn't get to the flea market forty minutes away that I knew had G1s. They had been advertised on Craigslist and the seller had sent me a picture -- two Princess Sparkles, the purple pegasus Brush and Grow, and Baby Rainfeather. He also had quite a few newer ponies. And some of the other sellers there have had ponies in the past. But it's probably for the best that I couldn't make it, since I later got a response from him saying that they range from $2 to $8. I'm sure the G1s would have been $8.

And when we got home from thrifting, we found a huge box at the door -- maybe 2 feet by 2 feet. I had purchased a Craigslist lot of Littlest Pet Shops. I'd found it because I'd searched for ponies, which she was also selling, but she had mostly buildings, and I have most of them already. I hadn't realized how extensive and amazing the LPS lot was. They had many of their accessories and there was lots more than the kind of fuzzy and hard to see pictures had shown. There were even Polly Pocket houses in the lot and a My Pretty Dollhouse that my mom had been wanting. And, surprisingly, there were these:

Nice surprise. :) I think this is the Happy Hoofs Inn, maybe.

The lot had some LPS I've wanted for a while -- these guys were my best friends' characters. The polar bear was Dr. Polar, who prescribed terrible medicine. The cheetah was Cheater, the dumb boyfriend of the most obnoxious of the cats. :) And I would stare at the catalogues when I was younger, wanting the Prize Winning Pups, like the husky in the picture. That complete set was there, and the Splashtime Puppies, but the other dogs have pink nail polish or something. I hope it comes off. The lot as a whole was very good, though.

To finish up, last month, a nice Craigslist dealer in another state let me purchase these over a distance:

I've wanted a nice Cherry Treats for so long, and Baby Splasher is so cute. They weren't expensive, either. :)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Small thrift finds
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 08:18:20 PM »
Great finds! It's so fun finding ponies secondhand :)
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 08:55:42 PM »
Awesome finds! That Cherry Treats looks so white! :D
My Wish List

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 12:26:01 AM »
You have been buying up large!  Congrats on your new ponies :D

Lindsay1988

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 01:03:16 AM »
Really great items you have there! I just love lps! Just bought my first two LPS's items, two moc horses so pretty!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 07:04:08 AM »
Congrats on your finds :)

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 10:57:12 AM »
Solid finds! Nice work!  :newpony:

Blog

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 10:57:37 AM »
Congrats on all your great finds!

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 11:09:42 AM »
That must have been a nice surprise to see those pearly petite ponies. And those LPS are so cute! Your Cherry Treats is lovely. It looks like you've had great luck with Craigslist. Congrats!

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 11:56:37 AM »
Love Butterscotch! Congrats on the finds!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal