collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where are the UK pony guides?  (Read 680 times)

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+149)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the UK pony guides?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 08:46:01 AM »
ROFL. If there was enough interest I would do it in a second...and I have have all the UK accessories to picture along with them :P

Cat- I think you are onto something!! I can think of TONS of collectors who would purchase your accessory guide!!!!! OMG fantasizing now!! :tackleglomp:
My :heart: belongs to wacky G1 merchandise!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 08:46:30 PM »
Do you really have all the UK accessories, Cat?  That's quite the achievement!  Say, can you come over sometime and help me figure out which of my 50 shades of pink ribbons go with whom?  Lol, I love ribbons, but they make me crazy.

What sites do you ponyfolk use for UK ID/checklists etc?

G1love

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 09:02:57 PM »
Yes I would love a UK book too!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 02:01:06 AM »
Do you really have all the UK accessories, Cat?  That's quite the achievement!  Say, can you come over sometime and help me figure out which of my 50 shades of pink ribbons go with whom?  Lol, I love ribbons, but they make me crazy.

What sites do you ponyfolk use for UK ID/checklists etc?

Yup. Its taken a loooooong time and a looooot of searching lol :P I am missing a couple of hard to find US items but the UK ones were always those I was focused on :)

And lol...I need someone to sort out combs and brushes. We need a travelling accessory sorter :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 09:08:03 AM »
I think we need to start a poll to see how many of us want an accessory guide made by Hathorcat. I just don't know how to make a poll.  :blush:

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 06:16:22 PM »
Lol. We need a support group for collectors trying to sort accessories. Sooooo many shades of pink.

Elf

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+149)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2014, 06:17:15 AM »
Lol. We need a support group for collectors trying to sort accessories. Sooooo many shades of pink.

Elf

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And OMG- blue?!?!? It is so fun *and* frustrating lol
My :heart: belongs to wacky G1 merchandise!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2014, 03:32:50 PM »
I have an idea!  OVER HERE!!!   :frolic: :newpony: :yippee: :joy: :cheer: :pillow: :green: :hearts: Hathorcat please read!!!

What if the accessory guide came with a color wheel?  The colors on the wheel would be labeled with names, so that for example, you could hold an accessory, lets say a ribbon, up to the color wheel, and know that you and the author have the same color in mind.  If you have a blue ribbon, and it doesn't match royal blue or midnight blue, but it matches cornflower blue, then it goes with a pony listed as including a cornflower blue ribbon.

I realize that the wheel would have to include a lot of shades (especially of pink), and that printing it to match might be difficult, but where there's a will there's a way!  Since a lot of accessories have faded with time they might not be an exact match, but we collect 30 year old toys.  We must have decent imaginations, we can figure it out!

Even if it wasn't perfect, it sure would help.  I'm so tired of trying to decipher exactly what pinky-purple but not dark pinky-purple, more towards the purple end of pink, but not purple, is supposed to look like.  And since computer monitors display colors differently, looking online doesn't always help.  For example, the ribbon listed as orange on LadyTwilight's website (which I love) looks neon pink on my laptop:  http://www.greatponies.com/brushes2/bng_o.jpg

Come on!!!!  I'm a genius!!!!     :sqs:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2014, 04:21:01 PM »
ROFL, FarDreamer.

I actually did this years ago when I was sorting combs and brushes. Do you know the paint charts that you get? The cards you get in hardware/DIY stores with a range of the same colour in differing shades? Every colour has a different name. Well I went on a couple of dates with a paint salesman [not specifically for this but because he was cute, funny and had a dimple in his left cheek :P] and I managed to snaffle from him a complete set of those cards [there were thousands of the blighters]. Then I listed the brushes and comb colours by the new names...like Blue Diamond or Hawaiian Blue or Azure Fusion :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2014, 04:24:33 PM »
ROFL, FarDreamer.

I actually did this years ago when I was sorting combs and brushes. Do you know the paint charts that you get? The cards you get in hardware/DIY stores with a range of the same colour in differing shades? Every colour has a different name. Well I went on a couple of dates with a paint salesman [not specifically for this but because he was cute, funny and had a dimple in his left cheek :P] and I managed to snaffle from him a complete set of those cards [there were thousands of the blighters]. Then I listed the brushes and comb colours by the new names...like Blue Diamond or Hawaiian Blue or Azure Fusion :P

So you're already part way there!!!  Do it!!  DO IT!!!

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 07:33:27 PM »
I am currently writing a uk/euro guide. I had planned to have it available by the Fair this summer, but both my camera and laptop had to be replaced and that set me back a bit. With all th Fair planning I have to do, it won't be ready in time. Still, it is in progress and well on its way.

Hathorcat-if you want to tackle accessories, go for it.  Hawiian Blue and Azure fusion away lol! Seriously though, if you want to offer up accessory info/color matching, I am all ears. My eyes go crossed when I work on those parts. :p

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 01:20:52 AM »
I thought I'd heard rumours, and now it's confirmed! Yay, a euro guide! I'm totally excited by this news (well news to me anyway). I don't care when it happens, just that it's happenning! *Squee!*

And Fardreamer, you're a genius! Cat, you have to help us! hhheeeellllllppppp us! we need your colour swatches and incredible accessory knowledge!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal