collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is WeLoveFine doing with the MLP Vinyl line?  (Read 5392 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What is WeLoveFine doing with the MLP Vinyl line?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 11:30:03 AM »
Is this some kind of freakish amalgamation between an April Fools joke and an actual product or what?!

Sparkle Pony had it right!! XD

But seriously, guys, this is ridiculous. You guys should take screenshots of the posts where they say that the chrome is the last release and send the screenshots to the WLF customer contact, or post on their message boards if they have one.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 11:30:26 AM »
I think the Tron pony and the Bubbles ponies are cute too-  but I seriously DESPISE WeLoveFine and will never buy another thing from them again, because they REPEATEDLY lie to their customers!

Post Merge: April 02, 2014, 11:31:16 AM

Is this some kind of freakish amalgamation between an April Fools joke and an actual product or what?!

Sparkle Pony had it right!! XD

But seriously, guys, this is ridiculous. You guys should take screenshots of the posts where they say that the chrome is the last release and send the screenshots to the WLF customer contact, or post on their message boards if they have one.

I seriously wish that I had taken a screen shot of ALL of the times that they proclaimed (falsely) that THIS IS THE VERY LAST TIME YOU WILL SEE THIS PONY!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 11:32:21 AM »
At least the people who purchased DJ Tron-3 are actually going to get one. I didn't buy one, but I would be upset if it was a "LOL there is not going to be a real DJ Tron-3 figure! Here's your money back, all you people who fell for our prank and actually bought one! " type of situation.

But yeah,... I refuse to believe they won't make anymore Vinyl Scratch figures...or any of the others, for that matter.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 12:13:18 PM »
The CHROME announcement here previously claimed that HURRY LAST CHANCE! Or some such-

And actually in the description it STILL says "To Celebrate our FINAL WAVE IN THIS SERIES" (caps added)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the comments, WeLoveFine reps repeat that this is your last shot at the figures...

WeLoveFine's pants are SO on fire.   

The sad thing to me is that the brony community could care less, so WeLoveFine will keep on doing whatever they feel like doing whether it lacks integrity or not.  Who knows what other shady practices that they utilize.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 12:26:37 PM »
Wow I cannot believe this.. again they lied!

I'm boycotting them for two reasons

1. They are liars
2. Their figures are ugly and have stupid variants.

It would take a pretty special amazing mold/pony to break that, but there is no way I would ever be interested in collecting all of them, especially Twilight, Trixie, and the dumb variants.

They said that Trixie and Twilight will not get other variants, watch them lie again, and release 3-4 more versions of those two, what a joke.

For Sale Wants

Offline Dashy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 01:28:12 PM »
Lol yea def April Fools joke saw this on twitter.

Looks like not this one. I'm okay with the other ones being jokes though.

Sadly, it seems as this is a new trick of theirs. We're done with this!...NOT!...okay for real now...srly guys...no moarz...

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 03:29:02 PM »
Well I emailed Seth over at EquestriaD with what we'd noticed and the screenshots-  hoping he'd make a public post about WeLoveFine's crap.  (I think WeLoveFine will pay more attention to the bronies than us for some reason)

He said it was odd and that he'd "bring it up" and "maybe they could explain it a bit". 

Not sure what this means exactly, but will wait and see what happens.  It would be nice if instead of advertising WeLoveFine's stupid dishonest re-released "last time only" specials, EQD actually brought up the fact that they are using dishonest marketing strategies to sell their products.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2014, 03:32:22 PM »
Can I admit I ll be pleasantly surprised if something is posted? I have no doubt they make a very very very nice PPC ad revenue from WLF. And as they are just a personal blog rather than a news site, they are more than within their right to post what they please rather than everything.

Its disappointing but as long as people continue to fall for the gag...WLF will just keep on doing it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2014, 03:44:20 PM »
Yeah I would be surprised as well. I kinda don't expect EqD to post an article like that about WLF.
I can actually imagine that if an article is posted, a good amount of the comments (from readers) would have a , "So what/Who cares?" attitude.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2014, 03:45:03 PM »
Well I emailed Seth over at EquestriaD with what we'd noticed and the screenshots-  hoping he'd make a public post about WeLoveFine's crap.  (I think WeLoveFine will pay more attention to the bronies than us for some reason)

He said it was odd and that he'd "bring it up" and "maybe they could explain it a bit". 

Not sure what this means exactly, but will wait and see what happens.  It would be nice if instead of advertising WeLoveFine's stupid dishonest re-released "last time only" specials, EQD actually brought up the fact that they are using dishonest marketing strategies to sell their products.

I don't go to Equestria Daily that often so I'd miss it if they did post something. To me they should because It's not fair to anyone (Be they brony or not) for a company to advertise a figure as being limited and yet continue to release it multiple times.

I have a feeling the path welovefine is probably going to take is: because it's painted different, it's a different limited figure.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
Can I admit I ll be pleasantly surprised if something is posted? I have no doubt they make a very very very nice PPC ad revenue from WLF. And as they are just a personal blog rather than a news site, they are more than within their right to post what they please rather than everything.

Its disappointing but as long as people continue to fall for the gag...WLF will just keep on doing it.

Judging from the comments on EQD about the figures- it really seems as though most of the bronies truly do not care that WLF has lied to its customers again and again. 

I don't know if it is attributable to their age or what, but the complete indifference to the fact that WLF has demonstrated such an obvious and blatant lack of integrity- is nearly as disappointing to me as the lack of integrity itself.  :(

I was a bit taken aback at the mildness of Seth's response.  I think you are right in that they make some good ad revenue from WLF and maybe don't want to irritate them.   Or maybe like 90% of the brony commentors, EQD simply does not find the lies concerning.

Post Merge: April 02, 2014, 03:51:04 PM

I don't go to Equestria Daily that often so I'd miss it if they did post something. To me they should because It's not fair to anyone (Be they brony or not) for a company to advertise a figure as being limited and yet continue to release it multiple times.

I have a feeling the path welovefine is probably going to take is: because it's painted different, it's a different limited figure.

That explanation worked the first time they made the flocked and then Chrome figures-  but for the Chrome figures- they make it clear right in the announcement that the Chrome ones were the "last runs in the series" and then staff reassure people in the comments that "there will be no more made in the Muffin or DJ molds"   

I think WLF WOULD listen if EQD posted something- since there are so many viewers in their target market.  I hope they do but I am not feeling super optimistic.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:51:04 PM by Galactica »

Offline Violet CLM

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2014, 04:03:39 PM »
I'm guessing EQG comes at it with the perspective of wanting toys with molded hair. If WLF is making more toys like that than previously expected, that comes out as a net gain.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2014, 04:07:21 PM »
Yes, I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even though I don't personally agree with it... Looking at it from the point of view of a young collector who wants more merchandise to collect and display in their home, a company that puts out a wide variety of the same character you really love isn't a bad thing, even if they keep changing their mind and saying one thing but doing another.

To me, personally, I am very angered by dishonest companies. Right now I'm dealing with a giant Verizon headache because of their dishonest practices... But to EqD, who are getting ad revenue from them, and their fans who want more and more stuff of the same characters they like, I guess it makes sense that they probably wouldn't have an issue with it.

Maybe they will be able to look at it from our point of view, that we feel cheated when a company says they are releasing something special just for a short time and then later change their mind, thereby making the item you collected lose value and uniqueness.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2014, 04:07:45 PM »
Perhaps the reps doing all the speaking for the company don't actually know what Corporate has up their sleeves? Maybe that's why we're seeing false reports.

This makes me grumpy, too. It really isn't right for them to say that they were done with these, only to produce more. Again.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »
Judging from the comments on EQD about the figures- it really seems as though most of the bronies truly do not care that WLF has lied to its customers again and again. 

I don't know if it is attributable to their age or what, but the complete indifference to the fact that WLF has demonstrated such an obvious and blatant lack of integrity- is nearly as disappointing to me as the lack of integrity itself.  :(
I do think it is (partially at least) because WLF answers their demand for more "show accurate" pony figures/merchandise. "So what if they keep lying about not releasing figures anymore? Yay we are getting more show accurate pony merchandise/figures of OUR favorite characters!!"

I feel weird saying this, but the words/term "show-accurate" when it comes to MLP bugs me for some reason. D:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal