collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is my mysterious white blank slotted tall mannequin for dolls? (Pics)  (Read 500 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I found this item at a flea market.
It is a tall but blank doll. I think she is probably a mannequin for dolls. As you can see here she has these slots and things on the back of her. Some have rubber flaps with wavy centers. Do you make clothes and put it on her by stuffing the fabric into the flaps? That ridge on her head looks like you could put a wig on or something. I only collected 1 line of dolls ever (Spectradolls) so I don't know a ton about them.

Here she is with clashing colors hair Barbie so you can see how tall she is.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is the wavy slots
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But look at her face.
Her features are really detailed and cut in there. Barbie's face looks so.....un..feature? Smooth? Worn down? Compared to her face. She also has normal ears, not tiny stylized flattened ears. She's actually rather pretty, if a bit odd.

I tried to find out what this is.
The woman said her grandkids didn't play with it any more but they never knew what it was. (What did they play her as "ghost Barbie"??)

I looked up Mannequin for Dolls online but got instead:

Those wooden artist dummies
Crash test dummies
Clay things wired together to make a dummy
Wife replacement units - a life size mannequin that IS a doll who replaces your wife
(I swear those try not to look sinister but they either always seem startled or like they may murder you in your sleep & are large enough to do so)

I bought her because I like unusual & quirky things. Does anybody know more about her, or what she really is? She is not marked anywhere.

Sol28

• Trade Count: (0)
She's one of the Harumika mannequins. You're right about the slotted sections. It's a fashion design doll that you make different looks for by stuffing the fabric into the slots. I don't think they really took off...I remember seeing them on clearance around here.

megsaroni88

I probably wouldn't have left it either. It looks like they are fairly pricey for a doll, maybe that's why they aren't seen around much?  :huh:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
She's one of the Harumika mannequins. You're right about the slotted sections. It's a fashion design doll that you make different looks for by stuffing the fabric into the slots. I don't think they really took off...I remember seeing them on clearance around here.

Oh wow! This is a really neat doll/idea! You can check out this how it works video here. That's a really neat idea. And I guess they sold little digital cameras with them, to photograph the looks and upload them?

This is a really cool find!

Kobold

That's pretty clever!
According to the website they make rooms on the same idea too (wrap fabric around wall/furniture, tuck it behind).

I'm sure I would have like those toys as a kid!  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal