collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Dolls Thread #2  (Read 86775 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Dolls Thread #2
« Reply #990 on: March 21, 2015, 07:36:25 AM »
Does anyone know the wig size for the 17 in DS singing dolls? Liv/Moxie Teenz wigs are slightly too small and I really want to give my matted hair Punz some nice short brown hair.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #991 on: March 21, 2015, 07:58:57 AM »
Congrats on getting her!! I have to ask though is her face super shiny in person?

Thank you guys so much! Yep, her entire body is pearly! All the 17" LE disney dolls I have seen in person so far seem to be pearly....even my 11" Disney Fairies!

HAHA Spiffy! xD I forgot I changed my name LOLOLOL

Post Merge: March 21, 2015, 08:05:40 AM

That is an absolutely gorgeous outfit on Jasmine! :dribble:  I haven't seen that one before TBH even though I have a few jasmine dollies  :blush:

Princess Lala I was thinking 'oh wow some new member copied Sprinklecupcakes other name?! :whoa: '  ..oopsy lol I only realized that you'd changed it when I saw your sig and comments :facepalm:  :whistle:  yep I'm losing it today....
Anyways... love these pics! I have to admit I *had* the chance to buy both this LE Cinderella and the wedding one online ..but I didn't have the monies and I didn't risk asking to borrow from hubby as I wasn't sure if I'd like her...  ) :yikes: :facepalm:  plus he'd bought me the Frozen LE ones ) but these pics are so nice! :heart: I wasn't sure about the face being based on a real person- although the doll is much prettier in real life  - I do have the wedding couple from DS but they didn't arrive until after the LE dolls were released anyways... 

Do you reckon the Mattel Cinderella live action doll is nicer then the Disney Store one, same quality or not? :what:  I might only get the DS one but your mattel one looks really pretty :heart:  I haven't seen either in person since they've sold out around here and haven't restocked yet :awake:

LOL I REALLY shoul have told people I changed my name! x'D Much sorries to everyone!!!!

Ooooo anyways, about the Disney Store 11" vs. the Mattel 11" dolls I personally perfer the Mattel ones!! I DO love the Disney Store wedding doll with the Prince better than the Mattel wedding doll but when it comes to the blue gown Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, and Lady Tremane definitely go with the Mattel ones! :ohyeah: Their faces look so much better. I decided to go with the LE 17" Cinderella because I wanted the bigger version of her ball gown dress to contrast my collection plus... she is so pretty! Did any of your local Disney Stores get in Cinderella!? If they did, not sure how it works in the UK, I wold check out your local DS and see if they have any LE Cinderellas left in stock. SOME stores STILL have a few Cinderellas left!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:05:40 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 21, 2015, 08:47:00 AM »

Congrats on getting her!! I have to ask though is her face super shiny in person?

Thank you guys so much! Yep, her entire body is pearly! All the 17" LE disney dolls I have seen in person so far seem to be pearly....even my 11" Disney Fairies!

HAHA Spiffy! xD I forgot I changed my name LOLOLOL

Post Merge: March 21, 2015, 08:05:40 AM

That is an absolutely gorgeous outfit on Jasmine! :dribble:  I haven't seen that one before TBH even though I have a few jasmine dollies  :blush:

Princess Lala I was thinking 'oh wow some new member copied Sprinklecupcakes other name?! :whoa: '  ..oopsy lol I only realized that you'd changed it when I saw your sig and comments :facepalm:  :whistle:  yep I'm losing it today....
Anyways... love these pics! I have to admit I *had* the chance to buy both this LE Cinderella and the wedding one online ..but I didn't have the monies and I didn't risk asking to borrow from hubby as I wasn't sure if I'd like her...  ) :yikes: :facepalm:  plus he'd bought me the Frozen LE ones ) but these pics are so nice! :heart: I wasn't sure about the face being based on a real person- although the doll is much prettier in real life  - I do have the wedding couple from DS but they didn't arrive until after the LE dolls were released anyways... 

Do you reckon the Mattel Cinderella live action doll is nicer then the Disney Store one, same quality or not? :what:  I might only get the DS one but your mattel one looks really pretty :heart:  I haven't seen either in person since they've sold out around here and haven't restocked yet :awake:

LOL I REALLY shoul have told people I changed my name! x'D Much sorries to everyone!!!!

Ooooo anyways, about the Disney Store 11" vs. the Mattel 11" dolls I personally perfer the Mattel ones!! I DO love the Disney Store wedding doll with the Prince better than the Mattel wedding doll but when it comes to the blue gown Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, and Lady Tremane definitely go with the Mattel ones! :ohyeah: Their faces look so much better. I decided to go with the LE 17" Cinderella because I wanted the bigger version of her ball gown dress to contrast my collection plus... she is so pretty! Did any of your local Disney Stores get in Cinderella!? If they did, not sure how it works in the UK, I wold check out your local DS and see if they have any LE Cinderellas left in stock. SOME stores STILL have a few Cinderellas left!

Mattel and DS both chose different dresses for Lady Tremaine. DS went with the one from her arrival and Mattel went with the one from when she took her daughters to the ball.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #993 on: March 23, 2015, 05:49:39 PM »
I really want to see a comparison of the Blue gown Mattel and DS Cinderella dolls.... I don't know which one to buy!!!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 23, 2015, 06:02:27 PM »
I really want to see a comparison of the Blue gown Mattel and DS Cinderella dolls.... I don't know which one to buy!!!

Here Raye, looked through flickr a bit for ya  ^.^

Comparison between Mattel Cinderella and Disney Store Cinderella by princesspinkbaby, on Flickr

Also found this, she looks STUNNING in that dress!  :biggrin:

Disney Ariel meets Cinderella by sh0pi, on Flickr

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #995 on: March 23, 2015, 06:05:11 PM »

Thank you! I'm looking to know if the dress quality is really all that different and what kind of legs that DS doll has. I love the Mattel doll's face more, but she lacks articulation :( 

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 23, 2015, 06:39:37 PM »
The new LE dolls and the fairies dolls are pearly/shiny bodies but not the LE dolls before that :awake:

Princess Lala I have 2 DS nearby - one (the closest) is too small and never stocks LE dolls, the second is really big (in a big city that I don't like to go to anymore TBH)  and does have them but I read on the FB page that people were lining up outside the door for ages before they opened to get LE dolls (as usual) at that store  so there's no point going to check there now unfortunately :(

Thank you! I'm looking to know if the dress quality is really all that different and what kind of legs that DS doll has. I love the Mattel doll's face more, but she lacks articulation :( 

Same here! I prefer the face of the Mattel one from the pics, and her dress seems to look nicer too but I cant tell the quality. I prefer DS dolls hair and articulated body...  :drunk:  Also what is the price difference between  the DS doll and Mattel doll... cos here in the UK the difference is usually quite a lot (and our prices are already crazy high) :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 24, 2015, 03:37:40 PM »
The Mattel Royal Ball doll is $39.99 in the US and the Disney Store version is $ 34.95

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 25, 2015, 02:01:59 PM »
I got my classic Rapunzel doll I bought off eBay in the mail today, but her box was damaged because the seller didn't put her in a box, they just wrapped the MIB doll in thin, brown paper. Is this common? Because she's the second MIB doll I've purchased from eBay and it's also the second one to arrive damaged because of it being shipped just wrapped in brown paper. The first one was my Animator Cinderella I bought last year, which arrived with the box totally mangled.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 25, 2015, 06:35:09 PM »
I got my classic Rapunzel doll I bought off eBay in the mail today, but her box was damaged because the seller didn't put her in a box, they just wrapped the MIB doll in thin, brown paper. Is this common? Because she's the second MIB doll I've purchased from eBay and it's also the second one to arrive damaged because of it being shipped just wrapped in brown paper. The first one was my Animator Cinderella I bought last year, which arrived with the box totally mangled.

unfortunately yep unless its a collector you're buying from a lot of people tend to put MIB dollies (or ponies) into bubble mailers or even just a bag or brown paper to save monies on shipping, and miraculously its supposed to arrive safely  (which it rarely does! ) *eyeroll*   :(   It wasn't so common before but I had a run of those kind of sellers more recently. One who sold a lot of MIB Disney  dollies said oh they thought it was for kids to play with so the boxes wouldn't matter and they wanted to keep it cheap. Another put dolls in just an envelope which got all squashed and even wrote the address and name on top once the dolls were inside so that my name and address were imprinted on the boxes as well! :facepalm:  I've taken to mentioning that I'm a collector and would they mind putting the item in a box for me please before mailing as I want it to remain MIB  :awake:

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 25, 2015, 07:12:08 PM »

Unfortunately, yes, it's all too common.  I've purchased items off of both eBay and Amazon and have had this problem.  Some have completely forgone the bubble mailers and slipped them into these flimsy plastic mailers.  Thankfully, I've had no problems (how?  I have no idea).

As a seller, I ask if the buyer is okay with de-boxed dolls.  If it's the same price to ship MIB and the buyer is expecting a de-boxed doll, I ship in a bubble mailer.  Because...if it gets crushed, it's okay, right?  The buyer wasn't expecting the box anyway.

Otherwise, it's boxes all the way!  If you search on USPS.com, they have these nifty "Priority Shoe Boxes" that they'll ship to your home for free.  Why I love them:

1) They are NOT flat rate boxes - so if you're shipping a doll that's lightweight, but can't ship via First Class (i.e. over 13 oz), you pay the lowest Priority Mail rate!  Yay!

2) They measure 14x8x6 (approximately), so you can put nearly ANYTHING in there - especially "slim line" doll boxes.

3) If something happens to be longer than the 14", you can tape two boxes together!  I have done this on more than one occasion ^.^ (because it's not flat rate and you can do this sort of thing!)

I really wish more people knew about these particular boxes - because they're free!!!! And, most of the time, dolls are shipped via Priority because of their size.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:16:58 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 25, 2015, 07:49:43 PM »
Well, I did contact the seller and this was their response:

"hello sorry for any inconvenience please return the item for a refund thanks"

So does this mean they expect me to pay to send it back? That's not fair. It was their screw up. I can't seem to find how to file a claim against the seller, either. I can only find some option to return the item that says I'll get refunded what I paid originally, but it doesn't mention if I'll get reimbursed for return shipping or not.

In the meantime, I went ahead and ordered a replacement directly from the Disney Store. Since they're still doing the sale where they're $10 each if you buy 2 or more, I bought 2 Rapunzel and I'll keep one for myself and put the other one up for my niece until she's a bit older.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 25, 2015, 07:57:02 PM »
Well, I did contact the seller and this was their response:

"hello sorry for any inconvenience please return the item for a refund thanks"

So does this mean they expect me to pay to send it back? That's not fair. It was their screw up. I can't seem to find how to file a claim against the seller, either. I can only find some option to return the item that says I'll get refunded what I paid originally, but it doesn't mention if I'll get reimbursed for return shipping or not.

In the meantime, I went ahead and ordered a replacement directly from the Disney Store. Since they're still doing the sale where they're $10 each if you buy 2 or more, I bought 2 Rapunzel and I'll keep one for myself and put the other one up for my niece until she's a bit older.

eBay updated things again.  Annoying, right?  Here's what I found:

http://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/questions.html

"Who pays for return shipping?

"It depends on the reason for the return and the seller's return policy. In most cases, sellers designate that the buyer will pay for return shipping and any restocking fees if specified in their return policy. Some sellers offer free return shipping. If the item is damaged or not as described, sellers must cover return shipping costs. When you're responsible for return shipping charges, we'll charge your PayPal account if the item is shipped with an eBay label. For more details, including approximate shipping costs, click here."

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 25, 2015, 08:39:16 PM »
Well, since my item was damaged and is also technically not as described, I guess I'd qualify to have the seller pay for return shipping. I'll wait until tomorrow, though, since I want to take some photos of the damage just in case.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 26, 2015, 05:14:20 AM »

eBay updated things again.  Annoying, right?  Here's what I found:

http://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/questions.html

"Who pays for return shipping?

"It depends on the reason for the return and the seller's return policy. In most cases, sellers designate that the buyer will pay for return shipping and any restocking fees if specified in their return policy. Some sellers offer free return shipping. If the item is damaged or not as described, sellers must cover return shipping costs. When you're responsible for return shipping charges, we'll charge your PayPal account if the item is shipped with an eBay label. For more details, including approximate shipping costs, click here."
Well, since my item was damaged and is also technically not as described, I guess I'd qualify to have the seller pay for return shipping. I'll wait until tomorrow, though, since I want to take some photos of the damage just in case.

This and this ^^ Your seller seems to expect you to pay but your item was damaged.  In one of my own scenarios I mentioned above , the seller refused to give me a return/ refund first, then that I could send them back but I'd have to pay, then eventually when I opened a case they said they would pay 50% return shipping but they thought it was not their fault or responsibility. Actually it was since the dolls were sold as MIB and the seller had not packed them correctly ( in a flimsy plastic envelope and written on so it dented the box with my address the box) hence the dolls arrived with the boxes totally squashed/dented/written on/ damaged, therefore not as described and not worth what I had paid. Ebay agreed and sided with me. I sent the dolls back for a full refund and I did not have to pay return shipping. I did provide lots of photos for the case though ;)  ebay will let you upload the photos to the case so they can view the damage. I would think that this will be the same for you too, so definitely take plenty pics (I think it allows up to 20 pics) of the damage from all angles  :awake:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal