collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC on a rehaired pony I sold...  (Read 836 times)

Offline ponindepedenza!

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
PC on a rehaired pony I sold...
« on: March 27, 2014, 02:50:30 PM »
Hi !
Some weeks ago I sold this pony here :

ITALIAN MACAU-LIKE BUTTERSCOTCH (4 feet stamped)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As there were missing plugs I never thought this could be a rehaired pony, hair seemed original to me, and I had no particular reason to doubt on hair authenticity.. And I just hate rehaired ponies, I can't imagine I had one in my collection... bought to a french collector on the french board.
But the buyer received it and after checking, this is a rehaired.
So my question is, how much is this pony worth to your opinion, now knowing it is a rehaired pony ?
I sold her for 60$, I'd like to have an idea of what I have to refund, or what you would do if you were me, or the buyer.

Thanks !

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: PC on a rehaired pony I sold...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 03:23:28 PM »
I'm definitely not an expert at all, but that really doesn't look like a rehair at all. Did the buyer say how they knew? Like sent pictures of the inside or anything?

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 03:47:02 PM »
 :huh: I'm with MikeysGrrrl on this one.... Looking at those pics I wouldn't have thought her a re-hair, but I'm no expert either! With all due respect to both buyer and seller, I think you're wise to be a little guarded on this, just in case. I'll be interested to see that the nirvana experts think on this one!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 04:03:23 PM »
Is there actually evidence that it has been rehaired besides the buyer claiming it was?? Did they pop the ponies head off and show you?

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 05:02:20 PM »
ok I am the buyer, I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to bias the pc but based on the comments its better I do. Her mane is 100% rehaired (with donor hair), I am happy to take photos. Its been rehaired with a rehairing tool and the hair has not been glued in place. I always pop heads to make sure the pony hasn't been rehaired because I have brought some expensive undisclosed rehairs in the past.
When looking at the photos you can see the length of the hair is longer than most italians (its more at a length of a macau pony mane). Plus there is not an exact match between her mane and tail colour. The tail could be original or a donor tail as there is a clasp on it still.

ponindepedenza is a sweetheart to deal with and please don't assume there is a problem between us as there isn't at all. We are just trying to work out a fair way to precede with the transaction as I am not sure I would have paid $60 for this pony had I known it was a rehair but I have wanted this pony for a long time so we just wanted some unbiased advice on how to proceed. I also don't blame ponindepedenza for not knowing it was a rehair as all my undisclosed rehairs have come from arena members that haven't known and I genuinely believe that they haven't known.
I am sorry for the pics but I am no photographer on the best days let alone inside of a ponies head  :yikes:

Pony in question

Brown butterscotch

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:26:06 PM by nhal039 »

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 07:57:26 PM »
I paid 15.50 Euro the Macau version in 2012 from ebay france - note; mine is MACAU not Italian, so I'm guessing an italian is worth more??  Mine has been rehaired with dollyhair.   
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:00:00 PM by Endocat »
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »
ok I am the buyer, I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to bias the pc but based on the comments its better I do. Her mane is 100% rehaired (with donor hair), I am happy to take photos. Its been rehaired with a rehairing tool and the hair has not been glued in place. I always pop heads to make sure the pony hasn't been rehaired because I have brought some expensive undisclosed rehairs in the past.
When looking at the photos you can see the length of the hair is longer than most italians (its more at a length of a macau pony mane). Plus there is not an exact match between her mane and tail colour. The tail could be original or a donor tail as there is a clasp on it still.

ponindepedenza is a sweetheart to deal with and please don't assume there is a problem between us as there isn't at all. We are just trying to work out a fair way to precede with the transaction as I am not sure I would have paid $60 for this pony had I known it was a rehair but I have wanted this pony for a long time so we just wanted some unbiased advice on how to proceed. I also don't blame ponindepedenza for not knowing it was a rehair as all my undisclosed rehairs have come from arena members that haven't known and I genuinely believe that they haven't known.

I will take some photos but I am not at home right now so I wont upload any for a couple of hours

It doesn't strike me as a rehair. . .  If it were a rehair, why not complete the job since she is missing so many plugs. . .?  I mean, length is not always definite with nirvanas especially with the funny ones with macau/italy when there are just not always a lot of examples of said pony.  I don't see any popped plugs, either.  Most novice rehairers pop the plugs or split them, which is what I would think the rehairer would've been to have either not completed the rehair or for hair to have fallen out.

Interesting.  Seems we're both having issues with nirvanas, huh, Nhal?  Personally I don't mind rehairs in Nirvanas, especially bald girls, but I understand others do and that it does affect the value. 

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 08:42:12 PM »
Oh wow! I seriously thought she looked genuine - shows what I know, nhal, lol!  ^.^  I found that really interesting reading, actually; always good to learn and look out for these things  :)  Sad though that you've both inadvertently come across re-hairs in this way (meaning someone at some point has sold you or the previous buyer a pony without disclosing the full background). She's still a lovely looking little pony so I hope things work out nicely for you both  :)

Edit to say (as MiRaja posted just as I was posting) maybe this pony was re-haired several sellers ago? (losing plugs along the way?) and maybe the re-hairer was an experienced one? Just exploring all the options  :)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 08:48:04 PM »

I will take some photos but I am not at home right now so I wont upload any for a couple of hours

It doesn't strike me as a rehair. . .  If it were a rehair, why not complete the job since she is missing so many plugs. . .?  I mean, length is not always definite with nirvanas especially with the funny ones with macau/italy when there are just not always a lot of examples of said pony.  I don't see any popped plugs, either.  Most novice rehairers pop the plugs or split them, which is what I would think the rehairer would've been to have either not completed the rehair or for hair to have fallen out.

Interesting.  Seems we're both having issues with nirvanas, huh, Nhal?  Personally I don't mind rehairs in Nirvanas, especially bald girls, but I understand others do and that it does affect the value. 

Your a joke, I was only rude to you the other day because you where so offence with your *what* when i was just trying to help you. I know for certain what a rehaired pony looks like. Any opinion is a welcome one but the issue is not about whether the pony is a rehair it is it is about it value or proceedings so can we please stay on topic  ;)

Post Merge: March 27, 2014, 09:34:50 PM

just a note, I was offered a full refund and even my side off the postage paid back (which is very generous) we have not ruled out this option but we would like other ideas too please. We are just trying to keep thing fair
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:34:50 PM by nhal039 »

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 12:43:22 AM »
My explanation to the plugs being missing would be that this pony has changed hands many times since being rehaired.  Along the way she has lost a few plugs and somewhere also lost her rehair description also. 

Still a fab looking pony.  :)

Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 02:37:46 AM »
I would pay 30-40 usd for her despite shes rehaired. But i am a collector who doesnt mind rehairs :)

(just the value I personally would pay, dont know if i am right :))
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 12:35:44 PM »
Please can we keep this civil :)

The last PC here for Macau like lilac Butterscotch with a haircut was $80-90, with a full rehair I would think $40ish or so.

If a pony is rerooted with the tool method and not glued it will fall out when brushed!

I hope you can both resolve this :bigups:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline ponindepedenza!

• Trade Count: (+70)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 01:21:07 PM »
Thanks for your help.
I'll work on this with nahl, I think it will be easy because she is very comprehensive, more than me in fact, I was so disapointed yesterday when I learned that this pony that I had for 4 years in my collection was a rehaired... and when things like that happen to me I'm even able to make a scene lol

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »
Poni it is a shock for you both :hug: I can appreciate how you feel, I recently discovered a pony I've had in my collection for years is a rehair too.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 01:56:34 PM »
I will take photos from my pony tomorrow, but I can say, mine isn't a rehair and she looks the same ;-)
Mine is also the 4 stamped feet one ;-)

Please drop me a line, when I will forget to take the photo :-)

Post Merge: March 28, 2014, 02:04:45 PM

Here are the photos ;-)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 02:04:52 PM by Buffy »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal