collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about BaB Ponies  (Read 374 times)

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
Question about BaB Ponies
« on: March 24, 2014, 08:01:09 PM »
So I am eagerly awaiting the new Build-a-Bear ponies so that I can get my hands on Sweetie Belle, not been real interested in passed releases, she's the first one I've ever really really wanted, but I'm curious when they release the new set of ponies if the previous set is discontinued or will those ponies still be available? My sister Hannah really wants a chance to get Fluttershy and we'd figured we'd go together after Sweetie Belle is released, but if the previous set is discontinued she's going to need to grab hers first instead of waiting until I can get mine.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:13:49 PM by TwistedRiver »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Question about BaB Ponies
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 08:06:13 PM »
No, but I know Pinkie and Rainbow will be discontinued soon--Twilight and Flutters should be around for a while longer though!

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:09:54 PM »
They don't have a specific "discontinue date", but there's no telling when they'll sell out for good. My store still has all four of the previous ponies still; however, they're a fairly low volume store and a busier one might have different stock. If you're worried, you can always call and ask them to put a Fluttershy aside for you!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 08:15:22 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm happy to know that they won't disappear immediately, and in a worst case scenario if the store doesn't have Flutters in stock the website still should. :)

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 04:52:31 PM »
If they are limited releases - such as the ponies you do have to be careful as when all stores and online run out then thats it [unless they decide to repeat the line again]. I do wonder what they will do after they are finished the main characters - some how I think its more likely we will simply see the same ponies brought back again than random background characters although they could flesh it out with new characters accompanying repeat releases for a few years yet. But I expect we will regularly get the odd repeat release of the main 6 alongside a new character [the new flier for Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle even says "first time ever" with their availability]. Its probably more comfortable for them as a retailer to promote things with the main characters involved at least on each round.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 05:06:41 PM »
I was looking for Fluttershy plushies and decided I am going to wait and save up for a custom. She is the one I like most at BAB but I'm still not sure. I'm looking forward to seeing the new ones though, Sweetie Belle is a big favorite of mine.

In the meantime I found this and learned something new...

http://neverendingbutterflies.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/fluttershy-amigurumi.html

Post Merge: March 25, 2014, 05:19:21 PM

But oh, wait! I just saw a Spike from Build A Bear and he looks great! I hope they do them in the UK I may have to go down there and find out tomorrow lol
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:19:21 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 02:29:36 AM »
Spike has been out in the UK since before Christmas :) Although whether he is still in stock may be subject to local availability but I know he was still in my main local store a month ago.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal