collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The NEXT Alternate Rehair Swap - Partners Assigned - ONE BOX LEFT TO BRAG!  (Read 17324 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Re: The NEXT Alternate Rehair Swap - SIGN UPS OPEN!!! :D
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 09:48:20 PM »
We are APPROVED! :cheer:

Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2014, 01:16:31 AM »
YAY!

Sent in my form ^^

Offline puuush

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Customizing is my destiny
    • View Profile
    • etsy
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2014, 02:34:36 AM »
Tempted, but like kissthethunder I have too much on my plate to get 3-4 ponys done and time is like water in my hands. No matter how much time I have, I'm always late. But I'll watch this swap and I'm very curious about the outcome. :D

wanted | etsy Avatar by AnnaPommes, signature by LunaCat. Thank you.

Offline Uninu

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2014, 07:14:14 AM »
I'm a bit worried about whether I have enough baits in hand or not... If I don't it may take a month to get the needed baits to Finland, so I may not have a lot of time to make the rehairs. Good thing is that I do have all the hair I need already and I work fast once I get to work.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Re: The NEXT Alternate Rehair Swap - who's in? (Interest thread)
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2014, 08:48:42 AM »
I am interested in this.. maybe extras could consist of supplies like extra needles for rehairing tools or zip ties for tail making etc.. instead of candies and stickers

I really like this idea, I am always loosing zip ties! As for the g1 only rule, did we decide its g1 only? I know there was mention of opening it to all generations did that not go through? I think I might have trouble finding 3-4 g1 baits....

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2014, 09:21:11 AM »
It is a G1 only swap, we just kept the rules the same from last time.

Also guys, please feel free to email me once we get partners assigned (if you do sign up) and I'm sure we can organize some sort of bait swap if necessary... ?

One other big point - THIS IS NOT A WISHLIST SWAP! :biggrin:

So take a breath of relief! :lol:

So - the lists and the questions on the sign up sheet are to help your partner sort of "get to know your taste" BUT BUT BUT - Just because you say "Big Brothers are my favorite" - that does NOT mean that your partner needs to hunt down a Big Brother bait. Your partner MAY focus their rehairs on the COLORS you like, or POSES you like, it may not be specifically ponies that you list out. I know we all try to do our best to make our partners as happy as possible, but as many of us love Big Brothers or Wingers (specifically I can think of those two groups as being more expensive for baits) - please just because you listed them - it does not mean you will absolutely 100% get one of those ponies. So, if you do sign up, the more options you can list out, the easier it will be for all of our partners to find baits and all of that.

I don't want anyone to feel like they wouldn't be able to find baits or whatnot - if that's an issue and you still want to sign up, I'm sure we can chat about it in PMs if you want to.

Also, just from last time, while it seems like it's not a lot of time, the 2 month period went by very slowly for many of us, I know that some people were done with their ponies in the first week because they already had baits, and we had almost everyone shipping earlier than the proposed shipping date. I understand how hectic real life can be, and of course I have no idea what is going on in everyone's lives, but I did just want to put it out there that we had pretty good success with the timeline last time. Gathering baits was really the biggest thing that held everyone up so, you're not alone in wondering or "worrying" if you'd be able to find baits for your partner. :biggrin:

I sent another PM to our mod - who is Kaoskat, btw - before I start adding any approvals to the first list, just so I don't do anything wrong this first time around, hahah so, I will update this as soon as possible and the first post with the sign ups ASAP! So for anyone who has sent an application in - I have gotten it, but just making sure I'm following all the "rules" for being a host, haha :lol:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:29:25 AM by Sunshine »

My Want List

Offline Uninu

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2014, 09:54:42 AM »
Phew, thanks for that message Sunshine, it helped me to not worry so much! :D

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2014, 09:57:04 AM »
Im sending in my sign up sheet later today.. these spots may fill up fast???

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2014, 10:29:40 AM »
So far Clover we have only a few sent in so, it's not a rush yet. And if it did happen where we had like 12 people and a 13th came in at the last minute, I'm sure we could accommodate another person, I just don't want it to get TOO huge, :biggrin:

My Want List

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2014, 11:33:49 AM »
Eagerly awaiting approval :)

So I have a question for our lovely hostess... I know that baits were explained, even though you prefer certain ones or whatever doesn't technically mean that you will get them (that was the gist of it). Does that apply to colours as well? Like, if someone says they only like yellow and blue, are those the only colours we can use, or is it open to anything except for colours they don't like? (I hope I worded that question right lol).

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2014, 11:40:16 AM »
is there a form we need to fill to join? (I cant seem to find it...)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2014, 11:47:24 AM »
is there a form we need to fill to join? (I cant seem to find it...)

Yep, it's on page 1 :)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2014, 12:03:19 PM »
*smacks face* got it.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2014, 12:26:01 PM »
Eagerly awaiting approval :)

So I have a question for our lovely hostess... I know that baits were explained, even though you prefer certain ones or whatever doesn't technically mean that you will get them (that was the gist of it). Does that apply to colours as well? Like, if someone says they only like yellow and blue, are those the only colours we can use, or is it open to anything except for colours they don't like? (I hope I worded that question right lol).

I totally gotcha where you're coming from - so all of the questions on the first page are like.. "preferences" - they're not like the RULES of your partner? If that makes sense? So, that's why we have the LIKE and DISLIKE for colors, so if you say, "I like yellow and blue, I dislike black and purple" - then, most of what you can take away from that is a trend of... okay, bright mixes maybe including yellow, or blue, or both would be something your partner would prefer... and of course, you would try to stay away from blacks or purples in your rehairs for that person. So, just like the pony questions about sets and colors and poses - it's more like those colors are your choice favs.

If we do have an issue where someone says "I ONLY LIKE THIS ONE COLOR", I may have to ask them to expand or potentially "explain" that like "I only like pink" - okay, do you like all shades of pink? What about reds then? Or Purples? Or ONLY pinks? And if we have a case like that we can definitely work through it.
*The more options you give your partner, the easier this swap will be for everyone! :biggrin:*

I don't think we had an issue with any really restrictive colors from partners last time(?), I know many of us "trust our partners eye" to match some nice colors to ponies or usually just list something like, "I really like all colors, I don't really dislike any particular color". But, again, if we do end up with someone concerned either about low... color choice variety, or not many ponies to "choose from" (and I say "choose from" just because usually the first ponies you go after to see if you can find for your partner are ones they specifically listed out, etc. but again - it's NOT 100% that you'll end up with a pony that you specifically listed by name) that your partner likes, I can talk to you both (through private PMs, so you won't be talking to one another) and try to make everything go as smoothly as possible. :)

And there are cases where people say, "My favorite color is brown" - which might be a hard color to place on many ponies, or maybe a lot of us tend to order mostly "fantasy" colors versus "natural" colors - I think it's important to note when filling out your forms that your partner may prefer non-fantasy colors! Which can be fun to experiment with, but if anyone ever needs any clarification on anything once we get partners sent out, you can just PM me and I will do all I can to make it a smooth swap for everyone!

I know it can be tough to find specific ponies for a swap, let alone specific ponies in poor shape for a rehair swap, and additionally making sure you have colors your partner likes. I don't want it to feel like a big burden where you might get "trapped" feeling like you won't be able to find anything for your partner, so, I am here to help in any way I can, as best I can!! :)

One more thing, even though this isn't a WISHLIST (aka your partners list) swap - PLEASE try to stay on what your partner likes. I think I'm actually going to add a question to our signs ups (and will PM the people who have sent in apps specifically so I can add their answer) about which ponies/groups/poses you DISLIKE as well. Sound okay? :biggrin:

This is what I've sent to the people who have sent in apps:
*NEW QUESTION ADDED: Ponies/Pony Poses/Pony Groups you DISLIKE

And added to the first page, so if you are applying from this point forward, you should see it up there. I just wanted to make sure we could clarify, if you don't like BBEs (surprise surprise), I wouldn't want you to get a box of 4 BBE Babies because we didn't have a question about DISLIKES. :biggrin:

Post Merge: March 28, 2014, 01:16:54 PM

Merge: I have gotten my questions answered from our lovely mod and have responding to those who have sent in applications, and updated the first post as well! 7 more slots open for the time being, but it's only day 1 so don't feel rushed to sign up if you need a day or two to decide if you can/want to participate! :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:20:38 PM by Sunshine »

My Want List

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2014, 01:55:27 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Sunshine :) I assumed that was how it worked, but figured I would ask just to be on the safe side.

I can safely say that although I tend to gravitate towards certain colours (favs which are mainly fantasy), I do enjoy seeing rehairs in all kinds of colour schemes, including more natural or uncommon colours seen on ponies :)

I'm so excited and I can't wait to get started in these!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal