collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ball Jointed Doll Thread #2  (Read 63897 times)

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Jointed Doll Thread #2
« Reply #330 on: May 08, 2014, 11:39:23 PM »
Re Buzzingbumblebee:

Oh yes, Lati dolls are so cute!

Does anyone know who this girl is. Or what company she might be from. I just love her face. All I can gather is that her name or sculpt is called yara.

And of coarse it's just my luck that this head sculpt is no longer available.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She's Yara from Asleep Eidolon.
I have this doll in 1/4 size too, but they stopped producing 1/4 Yara because there's something wrong with the mold.
However, they made a new 1/3 size Yara. Looks slightly different though.

Thanks for the info. I don't like the 1/3 one as much as this version. Plus I don't care for the bigger sizes.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #331 on: May 08, 2014, 11:47:11 PM »
I don't think I ever posted about this here, but way back in October I got a chance to play someone's OOAK BJD by vonBorowsky. I had very limited time and it was too dark to go outside so they're not the best photos, but it was fun to get a chance to see one of vonBorowsky's dolls in real life. All the photos are on my dA if anyone wants to look, but here are my favorites.

IMG_8781 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 08, 2014, 11:56:59 PM »
Oh gosh, a tiny Anubis, it's soooo cute! *o* I've been wanting a VonBorowsky doll for quite some time now, but never have a chance...

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2014, 01:21:15 AM »
Same here! It was an awesome chance to get to play with one. I didn't really get to fully experience his posing abilities, but the opportunity still only left me wanting one more. xD I'm still a bit heartbroken that I missed the german shepherd she had for sale quite a while back.

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2014, 05:40:51 AM »
Aw, that Anubis is so cute!
I'm thankful that I've got my own VonBorrowsky doll -

Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2014, 06:41:03 AM »
@barbgirl1999
Oh, your girl is gorgeous! I love her in her summery outfit! (PS, where did you find those glasses?! Those are super cute!)

lol, thanks!  The glasses are from MonstroDesigns.  She closed her store for a while, and said she's not making doll wigs anymore, but she recently started selling clothes again, so I'm hoping she'll list some more glasses.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2014, 08:11:59 AM »
Honestly if the recasters started making their own sculpts I guarantee you people would be buying them.
If they were paying a skilled sculptor and developing their own concepts and product their price would be on par with legit companies and they would no longer be catering to that market that just wants a popular/rare sculpt for cheap as possible regardless of if it's fake or legit, feels entitled to be able to buy a sculpt in whatever skintone they desire, feels that limiteds are unfair and that they have a right to buy something just because they want it, etc. Those recasters have found a way to make an easy profit off of copying someone else's work. They don't seem to have much motivation to make their own.

However they would be in line with the price of cheaper legits like DollZone. I think the more expensive legit companies could even lower prices if they switched production over to China but they won't because of the prestige of them being made in Japan/Korea.

Anyone hear about these?
http://idollism.tumblr.com/post/85121481049/ye-luo-li-night-loli-dolls-not-sure-if-anyone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2014, 08:50:30 AM »
Barbgirl: Ah, she's so adorable!

Suppi: Wow, he is awesome!

Thanks for all the compliments on my Yul, guys. I'm super happy to have her all put together with a beautiful face. You can bet you'll be seeing lots of her around! You just miht get sick of her, haha.

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #338 on: May 09, 2014, 09:24:15 AM »

I don't think I ever posted about this here, but way back in October I got a chance to play someone's OOAK BJD by vonBorowsky.
Aw, that Anubis is so cute!
I'm thankful that I've got my own VonBorrowsky doll -

Those are both adorable!   :inlove:

I think the more expensive legit companies could even lower prices if they switched production over to China but they won't because of the prestige of them being made in Japan/Korea.
It might be more about wanting to keep their production in-house rather than because of prestige, don't you think?

Blog

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »
Yours looks like such an elegant lady, xkelpiex <3  I love the wig, that color is just so nice!

I love how different she looks compared to mine, it's too bad we can't see them together XD

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2014, 09:44:25 AM »

I think the more expensive legit companies could even lower prices if they switched production over to China but they won't because of the prestige of them being made in Japan/Korea.
It might be more about wanting to keep their production in-house rather than because of prestige, don't you think?
I have to agree that it's likely not just pride in their home country that is keeping Korean and Japanese BJD companies from moving production to another country in order to produce a cheaper product. I'd think it has a lot to do with keeping their integrity as artists intact as well.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2014, 10:28:44 AM »
Prismatic: Oman, that would be epic! Too bad we live so far away! Unless of course, you'll be coming to Dollism Plus (long shot, lol)?

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2014, 11:10:50 AM »
I don't think I ever posted about this here, but way back in October I got a chance to play someone's OOAK BJD by vonBorowsky. I had very limited time and it was too dark to go outside so they're not the best photos, but it was fun to get a chance to see one of vonBorowsky's dolls in real life. All the photos are on my dA if anyone wants to look, but here are my favorites.

IMG_8781 copy by AsaziAsazi, on Flickr

Oh my stars and garters! Just when I think I couldn't fall in love  with another BJD lol. So adorable! :D
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2014, 11:18:45 AM »

However they would be in line with the price of cheaper legits like DollZone. I think the more expensive legit companies could even lower prices if they switched production over to China but they won't because of the prestige of them being made in Japan/Korea.

Anyone hear about these?
http://idollism.tumblr.com/post/85121481049/ye-luo-li-night-loli-dolls-not-sure-if-anyone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I think if they moved to China or lowered prices people would buy  more of them. I know I would > :) And all my girlies are legit.

I hadn't seen those vinyls before. They look really well done. And thats incredibly cheap for it to be a full doll and two outfits.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal