collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bean bag chairs  (Read 208 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Bean bag chairs
« on: March 20, 2014, 06:49:36 PM »
For some reason ever since that pizza commercial came out with those oversized bean bag chairs I've really wanted one! Since we have the three bedroom home and we both split the extra rooms to hold stuff we like to do mine is kinda a sewing room/rat room. I have a sewing chair in there to sit on, but the boys don't like me to sit on it while we play and they nibble at my feet/slippers till I sit in the floor with them. While I do love them the floor isn't that soft to sit or lay on for multiple hours. :lol:  I thought a bean bag chair would be a good compromise since it's low to the ground and they can crawl on it (I'm not putting an expensive chair or a bed ect in there. That's a big extreme for a sewing room).  It seems hard to find a decent chair though that isn't either 1) cheap where all the little stuffing beans will fall out or 2) like three hundred bucks where I could buy a real recliner. :huh:   

Anyone have a decent chair they would suggest? I'd like it to be big enough I can curl up on it and watch videos playing with the rats, and I've seen plenty the size I want. I just don't want to spend that much on a bean bag chair. :huh:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Bean bag chairs
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:19:49 PM »
I've always wanted one but my mom never let me have one. Always said she didn't want beans all over the house. I'm afraid I can't suggest one, but could you maybe stitch together a cover or something for the cheaper one and then the beans will stay better contained?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 09:39:44 PM »
My son has a "Big Joe" brand bean bag "lounge"

I love it because its made out of a sort of heavier fabric, kinda canvas feeling i guess, so im not too worried about it tearing and spilling beans everywhere. You can find them online but they seem to be a LOT more expensive, where we paid $30 for ours at either wallmart or meijer. they both sell them, but I haven't seen the lounge style in a while. I definitely think theyre worth the $30 price tag.

There are TONS of styles if you google "big joe beanbag" but they only really seem to sell one or two styles in stores.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:42:39 PM by True »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 05:33:19 PM »
I have a Fufsack :) I bought it on Overstock.com for about $100 a few years ago. It is absolutely worth the price tag! It is convertible from a chair style to a bed style :) I have spent many a night on it as a bed haha! So comfy!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 03:01:25 PM »
I have always always wanted one...but I feel if I got one, I may never get out of it. Like it would suck me in to its comfortableness and I would just want to stay there forever.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 07:59:54 PM »
I have thought about getting one when our new living room is done. We have to black sofa's right now and will only be keeping the one that reclines. So we are not sure what we want to do for an extra chair? I would think they would be pretty easy to clean and move if have to be. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal