collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Got one of my Nirvana Grails! Brazil Heartthrob - but small issue!  (Read 989 times)

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Got one of my Nirvana Grails! Brazil Heartthrob - but small issue!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 03:14:27 AM »
She's really nice,  flaw looks minor to me.   Id personally leave the plaited tail as is.   But if you must replace try gustyfox recommendations?
If id have brought her id keep her and just lump the flaw.  South american ponies are often very well loved and their quirks tell little stories.   
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 03:35:13 AM »
I guess I'm not too picky of a collector, I think she looks awesome. But I like a pony with a history behind her and I also like braided tails, so I too would leave her as she is...

I can see where if you were looking for a pony that didn't have that flaw and it hadn't been mentioned in the auction that you would be angry. So I see your side also. I had a similar problem with a gremlin I purchased, he was shown whole in the photos but when he got to me his entire right arm was broke off. Anyway I glued it back on and was very happy with him anyway. His arm doesn't move but I am not a picky collector - I like the history in an item.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 03:44:56 AM »
It's a beautiful pony. I have a Spanish pony with that flaw. The plastic is very thin and has a small rip. I've taken the tail out for cleaning and put it in back again and the rip didn't get bigger.

If you plan to keep her and you are afraid of the rip getting bigger, cut the original tail so the extraction is easier and put a new tail in with lots of care and hot water to make the plastic soft. I don't think the rip will get bigger.

If you plan to resell her, I'd leave her as it is. And if you are not happy with the pony, just send it back and ask for a full refund. I'm sure a new one will pop up sooner or later.

I personally think it's a beautiful pony, and I don't see that the rip is such a big flaw. But I understand some collectors are more picky than others. ^^

About asking for a partial refund, talk to the seller and see to what solution you can get.

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 07:33:48 AM »
I would try using a flat iron on the tail.
You need to be careful and make sure the tail is wet and has some conditioner on it.
Test a small portion at the end first.  I did that with my Brazilian HT and she did very well with it.
I would not replace an original tail.

Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 09:36:26 AM »
I had assumed from your post that the rip was huge and glaring.  A rip that small was probably caused at the factory (Brazil plastic can be very thin anyway), and you can most likely retail her without problems.  The tail itself, with the possibility of falling apart if unbraided, is really the bigger flaw.  It looks like a lot of the hair is broken off, and without undoing the braid it's impossible to tell if it was broken before or after plaiting. 

I doubt your seller left out the rip description for a better price though.  Her auctions are always fairly vague and never terribly descriptive.  It's just how she is.  And Brazil ponies also aren't prone to a lot of the dirt and flaws other ponies are, at least in my experience.  I think it's their plastic.  I have never had to scrub or deep clean a Brazilian pony to get it to look nice.  Most of them really just needed a light dusting.  So, it's also fairly unlikely that the seller thoroughly went over her while cleaning, and she could have missed the rip.  Heck, I would have, and Brazil ponies are the gems of my collection. 

As for getting the same amount back later that you paid for her, well, that's not always possible.  Pony prices are so fluid, especially Nirvanas.  I paid about $60 for my flawless Brazil HT not too many years ago, so it's a shock to me to see her going for so much now.  Conversely, I paid a TON for my Brazil Milky Way, and she goes for less now.  It really depends on who is looking t buy at the time.  If you're really bothered by the rip, sell her on or return her.  At her current value you'd find a buyer and then you'd have money to replace her. 

Offline Ice_gypsy

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Got one of my Nirvana Grails! Brazil Heartthrob - but small issue!
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 09:45:10 AM »
Honestly she looks pretty good for a Brazilian, her mane looks very nice! you could probably straighten that tail like Shelti says... I also agree with not replacing the tail, mostly because there are absolutely no perfect matches for the green and the pink color in the hair.. I think I'm going to settle with what is the closest I can find for my bald girl but her plugs are so CLOSE together in the mane eep!!

I think pkw is a little low on her PC
I paid $130ish with shipping for this girl too and look at her flaws: mice chewed ear tips and a symbol rub as well as the dry/frizzy hair with a few broken pieces in mane and tail she is also from eBay
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I haven't straightened her hair yet but soon probably..she has the broken little bits but her hair doesn't just fall apart it's just really rough/dry feeling so your girls tail is probably similar to this girls hair

If you do replace the tail I would keep the old tail incase you sell her at some point for the new owner
Here they are side by side

Bald girls tail is dolly hair and it is a lot shinier than original pony hair so it would look pretty different next to an original mane not just because of the color disparity

If you are really unhappy with her you could always offer her for sale for $130 and buy one when a better one comes up later
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:47:33 AM by Ice_gypsy »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 02:18:57 PM »
:( if you are really unhappy with your pony I suggest you speak to the seller and send Heartthrob back for a refund. I can see you are really not happy with her and you need to talk to the seller about this. There is no pint in being so unhappy with a pony, ponies are meant to make you happy.

Anyways, I was asking what flaws her's had, since PKW quoted the ponies worth being $80-$100.  I paid over that, and she does have two major flaws, a completely ate tail ( which I was very much aware of ) and then the tail rip which I wasn't aware of. 

You paid over the top end of my PC by $8, which is not too much IMHO ;) however since you are unhappy with you pony and the amount you paid,  I really suggest you try and work something out with the seller :) there is no point in having something that's going to make you unhappy.

If anyone is unhappy with a price check you can research for yourself ;) all the information is available to find using eBay, Google and the forums here and else where :)

I've never, ever taking shipping cost into account when doing a PC. I only ever take into account the actual final sale value of the pony, this does not include shipping. As far as I'm aware it's a general consensus in the community that shipping cost isn't taken into account as part of a pony's value

My price checks are not gospel and I value other opinions. When I give a price check I use eBay, previous price checks here and the nirvana sales forum to I work out an "average" price range. You do need to take into account that some ponies sell for vastly over or under the averages. and yes, I do this research for every single PC I give here, I never pluck a figure out of the air. I always say if I feel I am taking a guess or not sure on a figure.

Here is my Brazil Heartthrob, she cost me $80 a good number if years ago. She has a mane and tail trim, very frizzed hair which I straightened and rubbed eyes which I repaired.

I hope you are able to resolve this :hug:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 08:17:22 PM »
I wouldn't say I was extremely unhappy with her. . .just disappointed. . .

And the pony is now the last of my issues.  The new car I bought is apparently a lemon.  I'm having some major issue with it, either transmission or electronics/rev limiter, so yeah.  When it rains, it pours.  Two rear end accidents.  A pick-me-up-pony that wasn't so much of a pick-me-up and now a lemon car.  I won't know come Monday when my mechanic opens, but I have to limp the car ( which is currently sitting at my chiropractor's office because I wasn't going to chance blowing it up in the middle of heavy traffic ) to my mechanic in the next town over.  Gods, let it be something not major.  I'm so sick and tired of being screwed over, even in the little ways.  :/ 

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 04:51:11 AM »
:( when it rains it pours, I'm sorry to hear of all your troubles.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2014, 05:54:00 AM »
Sorry to hear of all your troubles, Miraja :(. If I had the money right this moment, I'd buy Heartthrob off you just like she is since she is on my wantlist.

Offline Ice_gypsy

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 03:57:08 PM »
sorry PKW i wasn't meaning to say i didn't believe your price checks its just that the last several HTS that Ive seen on ebay were all around $110 give or take $5ish... i think there was a nicer one that went for $130ish on ebay about 10 months ago just before i bought my bald girl for $70 because i thought that i wouldn't be able to get a nice one for under $150(with the shipping).. and since besides having no hair she is really nice overall....  i know there had been one on ebay for a while around that time too with no mane for $90 from a seller in Germany i believe
anyway i had been watching for her for a while and was also planning on making a g4 custom of her too but now i can since i have some as close as i can find colors from dolly hair and can see her symbols up close to match paint hehe and i will have her ready by the time the pony fair comes hehe shes gonna be so CUTE <3

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 09:13:55 PM »
I'm so sorry about your accidents (at least they weren't your fault) and your pony woes. She is a lovely pony and I understand your being upset about the tail hole rip...I had a pony that had the same issue :( I used a small drop of crazy glue to seal it and keep it from getting worse with brushing, and it seems to have worked, so there's an idea. If you want to remove her tail perhaps you could do it in sections? Start at the opposite side of the tail and just remove a little bit at a time so there's minimal stress on the tear. I can't really see how long the tear is on my Blackberry, but if it's not too long perhaps you could just make the tail hole a little bigger to remove the tear all together? I think that's what I would do if I were in your position. I'd definately get ahold of the seller and work something out with her...with such ponies and the cost of them all flaws should be noticed and noted, at least that's how I do things. I look at absolutely everything on my ponies that I sell, so maybe it'll spur her to look a little closer next time.
As far as your car, there may be a "Lemon Clause" in your state where if there's something drastically wrong with a vehicle within X amount of time following purchase the seller HAS to take it back or pay for the repair. Something to look into anyway, especially if you bought it from a dealer :) Good luck in whatever you decide to do with Heart Throb :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal