collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Got one of my Nirvana Grails! Brazil Heartthrob - but small issue!  (Read 1040 times)

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
The day after my second accident, I was depressed and ended up just going for the gold on a Brazil Heartthrob.  Had I known I would still be fighting with the insurance company nearly a month later, I probably wouldn't have bought her. . .

Still, I got her today, and she's gorgeous!  Her tail is fried, but I knew that, and that was okay.  I was going to just pull her tail, keep it in a baggy, and give her a new tail for my own personal enjoyment!  However, I don't think I can do that. . .  She has a small rip in her plastic just underneath her tail. . .  If I pull her tail, it could rip to all heck. . .  Even if she survives that, retailing her could rip it too. 

With the shipping back to Brazil, it's too expensive, and I don't want to return her, but I do feel it's a fault that should've been mentioned or at least photographed.  It's not visible on any photos, but easily visible with just a look under her tail.  I hate as a seller getting people who want a partial refund as they're usually just people trying to get a better deal.  But I kind of want to ask for one, because it's not like I can probably even sell her on for the price I got her for with damage to the body like that.

I paid $108.49 for her + $20 shipping. 

I'm just looking for a little bit of input.  She's my first Brazilian and probably my second *big* Nirvana purchase and likely my last for a very long time until everything gets straightened out on the home front. 

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Got one of my Nirvana Grails! Brazil Heartthrob - but small issue!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:16:53 AM »
You could try taking her tail out through her neck.  Since the bigger clasp part of the tail wouldn't be going through the hole there should be little chance of making the rip bigger.  When you retail her, just make the tail a little thinner than normal so the hole doesn't stretch too far. 

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 11:18:23 AM »
yep I personally would never pull a tail out from the tail end cause the washers will rip the plastic. I only take them out through the head too.
As for asking for a partial? umm idk what to do there? its actually is very possible the seller missed it,even more so with the amount of listings he had. As for a price I paid $100 from my heart throb and would all over again for such a pretty pony :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 11:03:20 PM by nhal039 »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 01:00:23 PM »
Heartthrobs price is between $80-100.

I sorry to hear her tail hole is split :(

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 01:01:01 PM »
Okay, I was under the impression the only way to pull the tail out was through the neck hole.  Pulling the tail out through the back with the washer attached is. . .well. . .kind of stupid, and I would've thought that would've been obviously not what I was planning to do.  The thing is, I'm worried that pulling the tail through the neck will still rip the plastic.  Her tail is braided because her hair is so bad on her tail that it's the only thing keeping it together.  I unbraid it, and that hair is going to fall apart, even though it'll make it much easier to pull out.  So, I'm still ruining more value of the pony with that option, because the tail is then completely fubarb'd and then if I rip the plastic. . .

Do you see what I'm getting at. . .? 

I would not have bid on her had I known she had a rip in her plastic where her tail is because my plan was to retail her from the get-go.  I mean with Nirvanas, we do expect some extra flaws.  Dirt, scuffs, rubs, etc, but I consider a rip in the actual plastic a pretty major fault that should've been disclosed.

Nhal, you said you paid $100 for yours?  I paid $130 for mine.  Does yours have a rip in her plastic. . .?  So you can see I have a pony, that should I decide to sell, I will not get what I paid for her. 

And I don't think the amount of listings she had is really an excuse.  I'm an Ebay Power Seller, and I will have 25-50 listings up any given week and I do not miss major faults like that.  I also work a full time job on top of that, and have been in and out with the doctors for health issues.  She had maybe 20-25 pony listings.  She didn't even need to list it in description, but a photo of the flaw would've been nice.  I can say I would not have bid on her, and can honestly say she would've went for a lot less. 

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »
look I am not defending no body, i am not trying to fight with you I was just trying to help, I paid $100 us for the pony not postage.. if you include postage it was $125

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 05:27:15 PM »
look I am not defending no body, i am not trying to fight with you I was just trying to help, I paid $100 us for the pony not postage.. if you include postage it was $125

O_o  what? 

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 05:34:19 PM »

O_o  what? 
I think she's saying that you both paid nearly the same amount ($100 vs $108.49) because postage is generally not considered I part of the value of a pony.  Your reply implied that you paid more because you factored in postage.

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 06:15:31 PM »

O_o  what?
I think she's saying that you both paid nearly the same amount ($100 vs $108.49) because postage is generally not considered I part of the value of a pony.  Your reply implied that you paid more because you factored in postage.

I realize that, I just don't get the other part of her message.

When I bid, I do keep the postage in mind.  While I'm not in this to make money, if I'm going to sell a pony later on down the road, I do want to be able to recoup everything I paid in the first place.  Especially if the item was internationally shipped.  I do keep record of that for my pricier ponies and then a lot of my kimono as they've mostly been all direct from Japan.  If I'm paying $20-$100 in shipping, you betcha if I'm calculating that into the value of the item! 

Anyways, I was asking what flaws her's had, since PKW quoted the ponies worth being $80-$100.  I paid over that, and she does have two major flaws, a completely ate tail ( which I was very much aware of ) and then the tail rip which I wasn't aware of. 

Here she is:  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

IMGP2333 by TsurukoMaiko, on Flickr

As I said, she's really pretty, and it's pretty obvious she's been cleaned down.  There's only a little bit of light dirt in the top seams of her wings. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

IMGP2334 by TsurukoMaiko, on Flickr

A shot of her tail.  As you can see, it's pretty ate up. 

IMGP2336 by TsurukoMaiko, on Flickr

Here's the tailhole rip.  It doesn't look that bad in the photo, but the thing is, the vinyl around her tail is SO thin.  It feels paper thin which worries me about further rip-age.  Again, you can see how clean she is.  I haven't messed with anything on her, so I feel almost as if the seller may have purposely left it out to get a better price. . .? 

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 09:22:50 PM »
Sorry I am not going to respond anymore cause if I do I will be fairly blunt with you and your not going to like my answer, so I will say best wishes for whatever you decided to do with your pony

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 09:28:07 PM »
Sorry I am not going to respond anymore cause if I do I will be fairly blunt with you and your not going to like my answer, so I will say best wishes for whatever you decided to do with your pony

Okay?  Because I don't even get what you're going on about?  Has there been some misunderstanding. . .?  I don't get why you're posting these messages?  Or the point when you say you're not going to respond anymore? 

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »
I don't think her tail is that bad, considering she is Brazilian. Or the rip. Nice pony.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 11:13:51 PM »
Ok I am just going to say it cause others are properly thinking it

That tail rip is only noticeable to a collector on thorougher inspection, the pony was listed as no reserve you bid the high amount. In my opinion send the pony back and get a full refund and just accept the postage cost to return it is money down the drain or keep the pony and get over the flaw.

As a second point price checks are averages I am 100% certain someone would have paid $20 for a brazil heartthrob and another close to $200. You do not always make your money back when collecting nirvanas its just how it goes but in saying that it is possible if you try to on sell her at the right time you could possibly get more for her. My point is you could get more or less for her that what she is pc'ed at know one really knows as they aren't as easy to estimate prices for due to the rarity off them and who is looking for them at the time of sale
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 11:41:23 PM by nhal039 »

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 11:47:43 PM »
Nhal, I don't agree with you, and I don't appreciate the rudeness.  The pony in question has been on my wishlist for three years.  The flaw was noticed immediately out of the box.  The thing was, I put her on my shelf, and I thought about it over night, and then posted here.  It's not buyer's remorse to receive an item not in the condition shown and to be disappointed.  If you bought a Punzie for $800 that showed her in a condition without chews, and she came to you with chews, you would be rightfully angry.

I have only ever had three issues in all of my years of MLP collecting.  This being the third.  I have bought a lot and a lot of ponies over the years, even if I've whittled my collection down to 90 ponies.  I've been collecting since 2006, and buying and selling on ebay since 2003. 

I bought this pony to re-tail, because she had such a fantastic mane, that the nail was no problem.  I have actually never had a pony with a ripped tail hole, so such a flaw had never existed in my mind previously.  I.cannot.re.tail.this.pony. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:08:48 AM by MiRaja »

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 01:14:27 AM »
Hum, I would try to re-tail her. Brazilian vinyl is very soft, keep her wet in warm water, so the plastic will be more malleable while you work on her. Make sure all the pressure (when you are pulling the tail) is in the upper part  of the hole.

Indeed, the flaw is there and I agree it can be considered a bad one, even if you are successful in giving her a new tail (which sounds possible to me) the rip may grow with time. But I believe it is possible to giver her a new tail without making the damage worst. Unfortunately that is the kind of thing that happens to vintage ponies, they get issues- like mold dots - out of nowhere.

Can't you work with the seller for a partial refund? Like, seller refunds you 20-30 dollars and you would have payed the lowest end for the pony. Yet, by those pictures, she seem to worth more than lower end.

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal