collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Opinion on this cadence vector cutie mark?  (Read 430 times)

Katai

• Trade Count: (0)
Opinion on this cadence vector cutie mark?
« on: March 13, 2014, 10:23:10 PM »
UPDATE - Adjusted it further to even it out do to someones suggestion on here.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've struggled to get a good screen cap of Candance's cutie mark for my cutie mark bottle caps. But I finally managed to get a good reference image. Though it was a little angled, I adjusted it to a more forward position and just need an opinion on whether it looks good or not.

Opinions? BTW sorry for the water mark, gotta protect my vector :)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:25:05 PM by Katai »

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Opinion on this cadence vector cutie mark?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 10:59:53 AM »
Looks great to me! I'm not an expert though when it comes to Cadence or other G4 ponies, so I hope someone else will be able to give you more input. :)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 11:04:37 AM »
Very nice! She does have a red bit above the heart, though. :)

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Katai

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 06:45:27 PM »
Yay!!

Post Merge: March 14, 2014, 06:45:44 PM

The red bit I didn't notice in the screen shots. I thought it was just a toy line thing?

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 09:11:50 PM »
The red bit is toy line only. Sifting through screenshots she doesn't have it in the show. (I might be a little obsessed with Cadance)

I actually was just looking at your store from the BABSCon site for a Cadance bottlecap, glad you're making one! (And I'll buy one off ya at the con. c: ) The facets on yours seem a little slanted to the right on top and the left on the bottom. If you have Photoshop and can use guides, those are a lifesaver for making everything nice and symmetrical.

The FiM Wiki has a great image gallery and there's no harm in reffing other's vectors.

Looking forward to seeing the final product!

Duster reference]

Katai

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »
The red bit is toy line only. Sifting through screenshots she doesn't have it in the show. (I might be a little obsessed with Cadance)

I actually was just looking at your store from the BABSCon site for a Cadance bottlecap, glad you're making one! (And I'll buy one off ya at the con. c: ) The facets on yours seem a little slanted to the right on top and the left on the bottom. If you have Photoshop and can use guides, those are a lifesaver for making everything nice and symmetrical.

The FiM Wiki has a great image gallery and there's no harm in reffing other's vectors.

Looking forward to seeing the final product!

YAY! Makes me happy to hear we're being viewed. If you like our facebook you can keep up with updates and I'll be posting where we are on the vendor maps. We will be int he vendor hall rather than the artist alley.

http://www.facebook.com/thecraftbin

As for cadence, I was looking at her and she doesn't seem to have perfect facets to be honest. They seem imperfect in most screen shots and fan made vectors.

Post Merge: March 14, 2014, 09:38:25 PM

BTw I will have very few Cadence available,  Were you interested in Pins or keychains? I can hold one for you if you'd like if they start selling quickly.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »
BTw I will have very few Cadence available,  Were you interested in Pins or keychains? I can hold one for you if you'd like if they start selling quickly.
If you'll have a pendant available I'll take one on hold. I'm gonna be in the Artist's Alley with Bronycrafters, I'll find ya when me and my booth buddy manage to get away.

Duster reference]

Katai

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 05:56:08 PM »
If you'll have a pendant available I'll take one on hold. I'm gonna be in the Artist's Alley with Bronycrafters, I'll find ya when me and my booth buddy manage to get away.

Awesome! I will make a necklace especially for you since i had planned on just pins and keyrings :)

BTW I adjusted it and the updated photo is above

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 07:41:48 AM »
That looks great! I think it looks much better with the regular facets its probably because the pony is never exactly side on in the show and her hip/rump is not supposed to be flat that her symbol always looks a little out on the show. The first image gave the impression of being slanted to the right but the new one looks perfect!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal