collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anybody going/gone to a boarding school?  (Read 235 times)

fireflys flight

• Trade Count: (0)
Anybody going/gone to a boarding school?
« on: March 10, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »
Hello there ponies! =)
 I was just curious how anyones experiences were/have been/are at a boarding school?
I'm thinking of transferring next year as my current school isn't very good for me. My parents have found a school that's nice and small and good for me. I'm meeting with an alumni sometime in the coming week for lunch.
:redface: I hate to sound like a weenie, but I'm kind of nervous about living on my own. Any advice or thoughts?

(Please move if this is in the wrong forum, thank you!)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 06:16:52 AM by fireflys flight »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Anybody going/gone to a bordering school?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 05:56:09 PM »
I'm guessing you mean boarding school (if not just disregard everything I'm going to say)? I haven't ever been but it always seemed like it would be kinda neat. I did go to some summer camps and hospitals and stayed in dorms and stuff and that was neat. I liked having roommates it turned out. Just try to think of it as a chance to make some new friends and start over. No one will know you there right? You can be whoever you want to be. If you aren't happy with how people see you right now you have a chance to change it. You can be a better student, try to be more social, join a club you would have felt awkward joining in your old school but were interested in. And if you are happy with all that, then you have a chance to show a whole new group of people just how awesome you are. Try to embrace it as an opportunity and you will do fine I'm sure.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

fireflys flight

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 06:15:20 PM »
Whoops I did mean boarding school, my bad  :blush: I guess my computer doesn't recognize the word :/

And thank you. One of the pros for me is making some new friends and having a new start. I'm just nervous I guess.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 06:25:46 PM »
I went to boarding school for my last three years of high school. It was a great experience because it taught me how to take care of myself in my college years and pull my own weight in a group setting.

Think of it as small college. It's more structured than college but it's good practice!

Duster reference]

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 10:56:45 PM »
A friend of mine went to boarding school for a few years. She didn't like it at first, but that was because her mother forced her to go. After a while, she really enjoyed it, and her grades improved a lot. She made some great friends there. I bet you will, too.

fireflys flight

Re: Anybody going/gone to a boarding school?
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 06:19:35 AM »
Thank you, you three! I've been sleeping the idea and I'm kind of liking it more and more.
I still can't shake the nerves, but I do really think it'll improve my nervousness. I'm happy you enjoyed your experiences Corona!

I'm visiting campus in April, I'll hopefully have some more background by then!

*So happy my post limits back, was finally able to fix the title :blush:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Anybody going/gone to a boarding school?
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 07:06:25 AM »
*So happy my post limits back, was finally able to fix the title :blush:

LOL Next time you need to need to fix a spelling error in a post/title and are out of posts, you can always message one of the mods for that forum. I'm sure they'd help you out and fix it for you. I know I would. Spelling errors/typos in my own posts make me nutty once I notice them. I'd lose it if I had to wait to fix them.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal