collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Newborn Twin head removal  (Read 254 times)

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
Newborn Twin head removal
« on: March 08, 2014, 03:13:27 AM »
Hey all, I need to get the head off my newborn twin Snookums to cure her tail rust but I've never done it before and it is being ridiculously stubborn. I looked at the preservation project site and no amount of tugging and squeezing did it so I boiled her and snipped away any bits of glue and still the head won't come off. Help please?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: Newborn Twin head removal
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 08:02:51 AM »
I'm afraid on most New born twins I've had that just had to have their heads removed, the neck seem was all but fused together. I had to reglue the head into place after slicing the neck plug because the bottom refused to come out. It's horrible, I know it is, but if you need to clean the grit out of the inside, that's the only real option :(

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 03:16:21 PM »
Even some other adult ponies are like that.  I had to butcher a Mummy Sweet Celebrations the other day to get her rust out.

Just think of them as brave survivors of major surgery!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 03:31:56 PM »
You guys have trouble, too? Phew! I recently butchered baby Bellaluna's neck plug trying to get her head off. I thought maybe instead of gluing the head back on, I'd saw off the plug, then stick a cork into the hole. Hopefully that'd be tight enough to keep the head on, but still easy to remove in need be.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 03:36:14 PM »
I FINALLY got it off after boiling her three times and hacking away at a troublesome spot with the scissors. It looks pretty brutal but she desperately needed her tail sorting. I'm glad it's not just me having this issue! All those tutorials mocked me, just pop the head off they said!

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »
I feel soooo much better now!!  I thought I had the NBT from Hades when I had to behead one.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 04:21:33 PM »
No guys, it's not just you, I promise. The tropical babies have the same issue too in fact, but I've noticed the nbt's all seem to have that problem as well. I used twice at tacky glue to resecure the head and held it in place with clear plastic bands for 24 hours. gentle pressure didn't even minorly dislodge it, and as an ultimate test, I handed it off to my daughter to play with for the day and it held.

Just get a good glue and have it held in place securely for a length of time, and  they'll be fine :)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 06:44:48 PM »
I had a little luck when I used my jewelry pliers! Here's what I did: I'd cut/poke through the glue as much as I could with my X-acto knife or pliers, then try and wedge the jewelry pliers down into the neck, between the plug and the body. Then I'd pull the pliers apart, forcing the plug away from the body! Slowly, piece by piece, I'd work my way around the neck, forcing the plastic to either separate or rip apart, freeing the plug from the body without removing it entirely!

You have to go very carefully at first, and make sure you're not ripping a hole in the plug instead of finding the seam between the plug and body; and this method almost always results in at least one or two small holes in the plug itself. >.< But seeing as the other option is ripping the plug off entirely, I find that it works very well for my purposes!

tl;dr it's definitely not just you, haha! I think the rock-hard ponies are the most evil to behead, and the babies are particularly wicked little demons, because they seem like they should be easier!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 11:06:23 PM »
I had a UK Gusty and her head wouldn't budge! Boiled and tugged, boiled and tugged. Nothing. I ended up butchering her, but finally got it off XD She's a lovely custom now though :biggrin:

I wanted to get some NBT baits to customize but now I'm reconsidering since their heads are so hard to get off!
My Wish List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »
Some ponies are such a nuisance! Even the most stubborn glue on a G1 will shift but unfortunately some of it takes a lot of effort. A hair dryer focused on the neckline is also very helpful. And so is poking small holes in the neck line with a needle and then dripping acetone down the needle and into the hole. The latter has helped me get a lot of stubborn heads removed.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal