collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Next set of Mcdonalds ponies revealed. Rainbowified  (Read 28546 times)

Niksilp

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Next set of Mcdonalds ponies revealed. Rainbowified
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2014, 02:27:13 PM »
For those asking about the customer satisfaction box, (I've also heard it called customer appreciation box) it's just an extra box that McDonald's receives every toy promotion that has like 4 complete sets of the toys. It's usually kept in the back and from what I've heard, sometimes managers don't like opening the box because if it's unopened, they send it back once the promotion's over, but if it's opened, they're charged for it. Of course, if you're buying half the box or more in one go, they are usually ok with it. When I did this, they brought the box up to the counter and let me dig out my two sets. Even though I was buying food, the manager only let me get 3 toys at the discounted ($1) price, so the other 13 I bought were $2 each. Definitely don't go in during their breakfast, lunch or dinner rush, because if they're busy, they're much more likely to turn you down.

Huh. I'm definitely going to try this. Really the only reason I don't want to buy all of them is I don't want to spend all that time hunting down a bunch I didn't want all that much. But if I can buy a complete set or two in one go, that's perfect.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2014, 02:39:39 PM »
For those asking about the customer satisfaction box, (I've also heard it called customer appreciation box) it's just an extra box that McDonald's receives every toy promotion that has like 4 complete sets of the toys. It's usually kept in the back and from what I've heard, sometimes managers don't like opening the box because if it's unopened, they send it back once the promotion's over, but if it's opened, they're charged for it. Of course, if you're buying half the box or more in one go, they are usually ok with it. When I did this, they brought the box up to the counter and let me dig out my two sets. Even though I was buying food, the manager only let me get 3 toys at the discounted ($1) price, so the other 13 I bought were $2 each. Definitely don't go in during their breakfast, lunch or dinner rush, because if they're busy, they're much more likely to turn you down.
So, would that box have both the Skylanders toys and the MLP toys, since they're going out at the same time? Because I might have to ask someone to grab me both sets if that's so! :x
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2014, 03:31:18 PM »
I love that Luna.  But why in the world couldn't they toss out DJ and replace it with Applejack? 

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2014, 03:33:38 PM »
Gotta catch em all!

But really, no Applejack? :( What's the matter, McD's... have a problem with HONESTY?! ;)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2014, 03:43:35 PM »
I don't understand hasbro though, once again season 1 Luna, it's like they are just going off of the very first vector they ever sent them, and never watched the show. Lol

If you've come up with a way to make a brushable version of her ethereal translucent hair, please let them know.

Well for the MCD version the hair is still the season 1, only appearance of that Luna.. its the body color that is so off.

As for brushable this is how they should do her hair, the dark in the middle and the outlining color on the outside you see.. or even a little darker on the body for this one.

The colors of that fan made pony look really muddy to me, actually. I don't think a toy with season 2+ Luna colors would sell as well as Luna with season 1 colors. Hasbro is more concerned with what will appeal to kids, not bronies. And season 1 Luna is pale and pastel, which kids like (or at least Hasbro thinks they like haha!). While season 2+ Luna is dark and kinda dull/gray/muddy color. It looks good in animation, but not so much in 'real life' like as a toy or plushie. Also keep in mind that making dark colored toys takes more dye than lighter pastel colors, so it would cost the company more in the long run to make a darker pony than a lighter one.

These are probably the factors that are keeping Hasbro making Luna toys and merchandise with her season 1 look instead of her season 2+ look. Hasbro has proven multiple times that they are not interested in what is 'show accurate', they want to provide a good toy that kids like.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2014, 03:46:28 PM »
I still think S2 Luna's colors are too dark and low constrast and look weird in a toy.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2014, 03:53:22 PM »
I love that Luna.  But why in the world couldn't they toss out DJ and replace it with Applejack? 

These were my exact thoughts. 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2014, 03:59:06 PM »
someone before mentioned that dj might be a big part of the movie.

but i think people would be unhappy either way.
either its all mane six and princess or one of them missing.
personally think it would have been best to replace celestia with dj.
she doesn't seem to have as much of a following.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2014, 04:08:13 PM »
So, would that box have both the Skylanders toys and the MLP toys, since they're going out at the same time? Because I might have to ask someone to grab me both sets if that's so! :x

They have one box for the girl toys and one for the boy toys. The box I dug through was just MLP. While I didn't see the boys box, I'm positive they had one. It wouldn't make sense for them not to.

As for them leaving out ponies, I actually kind of wish they had left out the ones that are just reused molds (Dash, Pinkie, Fluttershy & Rarity) and gave us new ponies instead. My choices would be Minty, Trixie, Cadance & Sunset Shimmer. I'd also like :muffin: pony, but that would never happen.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2014, 04:09:01 PM »
Pardon me if I missed something, but do we know for sure they'll be available starting March 28th?
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2014, 04:16:47 PM »

These were my exact thoughts. 
So we wouldn't have 6 recolors with only two characters? I mean, goodness, buy a 2011 AJ, she'd be exactly the same minus the rainbow stuff.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2014, 04:19:18 PM »
Meh, this is pretty lame IMHO. I do want Luna (she'll actually be my first Luna in any form!) and I MIGHT hold onto DJ if I get her (I really dislike the painted on sunglasses that she always has..grr) but I don't care for the others. I guess Celestia being white this time around is nice.

In the end, I'm pretty glad we actually get ponies and not ugly McD's versions of EG dolls! :P
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2014, 06:07:41 PM »
Why DJ and not apple jack? Kinda ticked about that.
Everyone is sad when it's just mane 6 releases, but suddenly one mane 6 member is missing and everyone misses her?!

I don't get it. She would just be a redo like the other mane 6 minus Twi, isn't getting one more new (for MCdonalds toys at least) character better?

For me it depends on the product.

When it's something unique, yeah I get a little miffed when one or more of the mane six is booted in favor of a bg pony with no personality and little to no actual lines in the show, at least for the first wave. For example, the Funko POP! and Cupcake Keepsakes figures. And it's not even like they're being set aside for, say, the CMC or the princesses or Big Mac or Cheerilee, it's... Dr. Whooves or Vinyl or Octavia, someone who doesn't (as of yet) have a personality in canon, just a big fanbase with a certain segment of adult fans. I mean, these companies are going to do what they think will make them the most money and I understand that, it just makes me sad that some characters are being overshadowed when they should be the focal point. They're the characters we know best. And at this point I'd hardly call Vinyl a "new" character. She's got quite a lot of merch, including a brushable, blind bag, and several vinyls.

Had the mane six characters been using unique sculpts I would have been a little more ticked that AJ was left out. But man, I do feel bad for any little girl out there who likes AJ best and while she may be the least popular mane six pony across the board, there are some kids to whom she is a favorite.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2014, 06:09:33 PM »
I think having all six of them is fine, and having none of them is fine, but having five -- especially when the missing sixth is one who's been the sixth at other times too -- that's when it starts to feel uncomfortable.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2014, 07:54:21 PM »
I don't mind that they left AJ out on this because it gives more variety and that is what some of us wanted. Granted I wish they were different molds but since I missed out on the first McD's releases this is actually somewhat of a second chance.. I don't really need all of them but I will get them all if I can XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal