collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help regarding removing bad feedback  (Read 1662 times)

Sweetheart

• Trade Count: (0)
Help regarding removing bad feedback
« on: March 05, 2014, 10:56:45 AM »
I'm having trouble with ebay when it comes to removing the bad feedback I left. I sent a message to let thrifting4ever know I was trying to get it removed but ebay says it's not possible unless they send me a form? I'm sorry for my silliness and my jumping to conclusions. I just want to make this right. Thrfting4ever shouldn't have trouble due to my stupidity.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:00:54 AM by Sweetheart »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Item in yucky condition, thanks thrifting4ever :C
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:09:16 AM »
I am assuming this is the auction in question.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-my-little-pony-Unicorn-plush-Hasbro-softies-/151236315514?nma=true&si=gss%252FoRfVaTyogweqfYSQjrcPlJE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Did you try and contact the seller before you left them bad feedback? While I completely understand your disappointment, most sellers are willing to work with their buyers when a problem arises.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Sweetheart

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 11:10:58 AM »
Yes I did. I also called Ebay and Paypal and they're working on a case now.
I just wanted to warn anyone, I'm so bummed out. It was supposed to a be a gift to my cousin. But it's so gross. I knew it was going to be used, but it looks nothing like the picture.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 11:19:35 AM »
If a case is opened it will have to be with one or the other, either through eBay or Paypal, it's can't be both.  Also please be advised that you will most likely be asked to return the item. Ebay, nor Paypal will let you keep the item and receive a refund. They will also not make the buyer give you a partial refund. Just an FYI.

I also understand from your last TS thread you are new to eBay. I firmly believe you should familiarize yourself with opening cases and resolving issues with sellers. It's not good practice, no matter how disappointed you are with an item to learn how the dispute process works. If you have one to many issues and make it a habit of leaving negative feedback prematurely it most likely will land you on a lot of sellers blocked bidder lists.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 12:11:34 PM »
I agree with ponylady. I know you're upset, but you should have contacted the seller first and opened a case before leaving feedback. There is a reason why a lot of sellers don't allow people with zero feedback to bid on their items and it's because they leave negative feedback for transactions without even trying to contact the seller with any issues.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 12:57:42 PM »
How long did you give the seller to get back with you before leaving the negative?  You left the neg today and the auction ended on the 26th.  When did you get the plush? 

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 02:00:53 PM »
Awe, that's too bad :(   It looks really nice in the auction pictures! Can you post pictures of the item here so we can see how much of a difference there is in condition? 

There are some effective ways of getting a plush to smell good again, and get them cleaned up :)   So you may not be at a total loss.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 03:33:33 AM »
Its always disappointing when an item is not in the condition you expected it to be :(  :hug:
  But its also true that you need to contact the seller  first to try to work out a resolution before opening a case , and then wait for the case to close before leaving feedback. We all have to learn somewhere of course, but for future it makes it more likely for sellers to be more helpful and work with you if you contact them first to resolve any problems ;)  if the resolution of the case is that you are asked to return the plush for a full refund, you'll have to pay return shipping with tracking.   

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 06:20:09 AM »
Do you have a picture of her eye which you have a problem with? You can see in the ebay auction that she has significant scratches to her eyes already? How was she packaged in order to manage to rub her eye almost completely off? Thats worrying. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 07:27:50 AM »
Do you have a picture of her eye which you have a problem with? You can see in the ebay auction that she has significant scratches to her eyes already? How was she packaged in order to manage to rub her eye almost completely off? Thats worrying. 

Not only significant scratching, but the auction photos look like some attempt was made to fix the eyes with Sharpie (as you do).  There are too many lashes on each eye.  No telling at what point in this pony's life that happened though.  But, I can't imagine a way to pack a Softie like this that would take even the Sharpie portions of an eye off!  O.o 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 10:00:33 AM »
Yeah-  posting negative feedback without giving a chance to fix-  pretty harsh. 

The pictures do not show a pristine white pony-  sometimes things can be clean, but old softies are often somewhat discolored.  The eyes look pretty bad in the picture.

Really I think you should advise the seller that you didn't realize the pony would be in such poor condition, and ask them to refund you.  Then have them send you a request to revise the feedback if you are satisfied with the solution.

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 02:05:17 PM »
The eye does look pretty scratched up but the seller mentions that. I think you're biggest case is the odor since the seller said it was odor-free.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 03:10:46 PM »
luna..I am mean Sweetheart have you done anything to try and resolve this?

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Sweetheart

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 02:52:33 PM »
I feel awful for jumping to conclusions. I was so hyped and then so bummed about the plush but that doesn't excuse my quick judgement. Just thought I'd give you guys an update since you guys were trying to help me: currently in contact with ebay, trying to get feedback removed.

Sorry it's taken so long for this response. I thought I upset you guys and was nervous to co,e back. So sorry again for this trouble.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 01:53:00 AM »
*hugs* everybody jumps to conclusions sometimes, it takes a big person to admit it though! :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal