collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SHS lace ribbons - US vs Euro Are there any more designs?  (Read 939 times)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
SHS lace ribbons - US vs Euro Are there any more designs?
« on: March 05, 2014, 07:54:05 AM »
I *just* received the 4th and last Euro ribbon I need for my Sweet Heart Sister ponies.   A few years ago, I noticed I had a couple of ribbons that were a different pattern than others in my collection, and found out that European ribbons (at least UK and Germany) had their own lacey stock.   I also learned recently that they only got 4 of the 6 Sweetheart Sisters.  For awhile, I was searching long and far for a peach colored European ribbon, only to find out it doesn't exist!  The Euro ribbons are slightly longer than the US ones I have too.

I was wondering if there were other countries that may have gotten yet another style of lace? 

Here's my comparison photo of the US and UK/Germany ribbons: 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
Re: SHS lace ribbons - US vs Euro Are there any more designs?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 09:08:44 AM »
I seriously didn't need to know this
I will be strong and resist the urge to see which I have and which I don't b/c I can't afford to search for them right now

also - very cool to know! you rock ashlyne!

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 01:13:54 PM »
Arg, photobucket is down, so I can't see the pics :(

I think that by the time of the SHS, European issue had become more standardised. The artwork was definitely the same for the SHS boxes. I had Dainty in UK box (sold her, but still have a pic), and now have Spring Song in Italian box if you need a reference.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 02:53:07 PM »
No those are the only ones I know of :) The 4 boxed versions we got over here - who got quite a wide Euro release [also Spain in addition to Germany and Italy] - got one type of lace - and the 6 carded versions got a different type of lace. I always describe one as "flower lace" and one as "net lace" when I am talking about them. There are not any other types of lace which I have come across. Nice comparison pictures! The flower lace ones can be very hard to track down!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 07:27:50 PM »
I need to add some of these to my wishlist. I only have two so far. Are the boxed ponies and carded ponies otherwise identical?

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 09:14:32 PM »
I seriously didn't need to know this
I will be strong and resist the urge to see which I have and which I don't b/c I can't afford to search for them right now

also - very cool to know! you rock ashlyne!

Ditto!  :P

Thanks for the info and comparison pics, though, ashlyne!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 03:40:31 AM »
I need to add some of these to my wishlist. I only have two so far. Are the boxed ponies and carded ponies otherwise identical?

The ponies are the same; some minor shade differences [explained just by being manufactured at different times] but essentially the same ponies. 
Loa is my love god!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 05:41:00 AM »
No those are the only ones I know of :) The 4 boxed versions we got over here - who got quite a wide Euro release [also Spain in addition to Germany and Italy] - got one type of lace - and the 6 carded versions got a different type of lace. I always describe one as "flower lace" and one as "net lace" when I am talking about them. There are not any other types of lace which I have come across. Nice comparison pictures! The flower lace ones can be very hard to track down!

Thanks Cat!   I was calling them "large flower" and "small flower" but I like your "net" description better!   It's a relief there aren't more lace designs out there.    I'm always finding ponywear variants by comparing the lace trims, so I was hoping these were more straight-forward.   

There is a little difference in the ponies themselves, but as hathorcat said, it's mostly just color shade differences.   My Euro Flowerburst is a much lighter blue than my US one.   You may also find differences in the paint color shades (my Euro Flowerburst's symbol paint has a pink that is more of a lavender-pink)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 07:59:09 AM »
I think your small flower and big flower works nicely :) You know what its like when you are working to some weird information by yourself though - anything which keeps things straight in your head works!

And I know what you mean about pony wear - the Lights Camera Action dresses are currently driving me crackers. If I track down one more different one I am going to cry. *shakes fist at Hasbro* why do yo have to confuse us so!
Loa is my love god!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 08:03:30 AM »

And I know what you mean about pony wear - the Lights Camera Action dresses are currently driving me crackers. If I track down one more different one I am going to cry. *shakes fist at Hasbro* why do yo have to confuse us so!

I have four variations, light gold and dark gold and then one of each of those in a different sleeve lace.   I'd be curious to know if you have anything different! 

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 10:04:25 AM »

The ponies are the same; some minor shade differences [explained just by being manufactured at different times] but essentially the same ponies.

Thanks, cat!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 11:56:21 AM »

I have four variations, light gold and dark gold and then one of each of those in a different sleeve lace.   I'd be curious to know if you have anything different! 

4 is what I am at on the lace patterns as well. However I think I have another one on route which I think looks as though it may have a slightly different pattern. I shall let you know if it is different :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 12:08:16 PM »

4 is what I am at on the lace patterns as well. However I think I have another one on route which I think looks as though it may have a slightly different pattern. I shall let you know if it is different :)

Oo! Please do!  I'd love to see them.   I only have two different lace patterns, but they each come in a light gold and dark gold dress.    I have a picture of two of the dresses, side-by-side:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 01:21:04 PM »
Oh i have another couple of lace patterns; I shall try to dig them out for pictures when I am next near them. 3 of them are the dark gold and 1 in the lighter gold. :) Sooooo confusing!
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal