collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 collector ponies  (Read 348 times)

Offline Rowan Badart

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
G1 collector ponies
« on: March 04, 2014, 02:03:51 PM »
Hi there,

I have just started collecting MLP, im focusing on the G1 collector ponies.
Just last week cotton candy, blossom, butterscotch and snuzzle arrived in the mail, all 4 are Italy CF ponies. (year 82 on feet)
Now there are 2 differences ...both cotton candy and blossom are marked on 2 feet and have there heads a bit down, now butterscotch and snuzzle are marked on 4 feet and have there heads a bit more upward in compare-sing with the other 2.

I found out that cotton candy and blossom are 1983 ponies from what i can see, but i can not place the other 2.....
Can anyone tell me what they are? 

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 collector ponies
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 01:03:54 AM »
I still get confused with italian heights but you can get dwarf ponies and i think its related to there foot markings?

http://www.mlparena.com/archive/Forums//viewtopic/t=77355.html

I do know 4 stamped italians are much harder to find, lots of collectors spend a great deal of time looking for them so congrats on getting 2 :  )

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 12:58:09 PM »
There are a lot of variations when it comes to Italy collector ponies! I don't think we've narrowed it down specifically as to the where the differences come from, but I think it is safe to say that the collector pose ponies were released over at least a couple of years, possibly more (especially for Blossom and Cotton Candy). There appear to have been a couple of different packaging types for the Collector pose ponies (loose in a box and in a sort of stable), which likely indicates the different years :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Rowan Badart

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 02:23:44 PM »
Thank you both for your reply, i think i've found my answer.
Someone on the Dutch pony forum told me there are 4 versions when it comes to Italian collector ponies

1. markings on all 4 feet - regulair version
2. markings on 2 feet, without pat pent - hunchback version
3. markings on 2 feet WITH pat pent, smaller than the other versions - Dwarf version
4. airbrushed eyes version (different color eye variations, also the hair & mold are a bit different)

My version of blossom and cotton candy are "dwarf versions" Butterscotsh and snuzzle are reculair version
I've been told the dwarf versions are a bit more rare, but now i read the ones with 4 feet markings are?
I'm from The Netherlands where Italien ponies where sold most often, maybe that's the difference?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 04:15:07 AM »
I have always found there to be some come and go on which type are hardest to find depending on who is looking at the time - but in general I would say the airbrushed eyes the most popular and hardest to find and then the dwarf and then the hunchback and then the 4 stamped versions coming up the most often. But when you are looking for a certain type, I would bet others have had different experiences with rarity/hard to find-ness.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 11:51:18 AM »
Airbrushed are definitely the hardest to find and the most expensive. There's less difference with the value of the others, but I agree with hathorcat's assessment :) Typically though, most people aren't bothered which they have, unless they're collecting all the variations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 01:07:13 PM »
I was thinking of the 4 stamped airbrushed eyes when i said they are the hardest to find, I know many people searching for them : )

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 05:16:51 PM »
SO glad this isn't the set I'm trying to complete! They're all lovely...I had no idea about all the variations, though. Thank you!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal