collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vampire Diaries Fans, Need Advice On Replica Purchase..I'm A Newbie Fan  (Read 403 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
OK so I only recently got into Vampire Diaries.  I loved the Twilight series an someone told me if I loved Twilight I would love Vampire Diaries.  So, thanks to netflix I have become a fan.  I'm well into season two right now and I sort of gave myself a spoiler alert in finding out
Spoiler
Elena becomes a vampire, based on her having her own daylight ring
and I could sort of see it coming, because last I saw she was bitten by Damon, because he assumed the potion to bring her back wouldn't work.  In case you fans don't remember, everyone worked together to plan to kill Klaus (don't know if I'm spelling his name right).

Anyway, onto my point of this thread....

I saw some replica Elena rings on amazon and thought the ring itself was really pretty and wanted to get one.  Most are around $10 and I've read lots of reviews about diamonds falling out and fingers turning black or green, because of the metal being fake, etc. 

I browsed more and found one for $20 and another that goes up to $50.  I figured the $20 would be OK but I don't know how the ring is supposed to look, because I've seen rings that look like there's something in it and some that don't.  I don't know if it's supposed to be the stuff that's in Elena's ring to keep her from burning in the sun to make it more realistic as a replica.  I just don't want to spend the $20 and have it still be cheaply made and things break easily.

Anyway, here's the ring that I'm interested in:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here is the product description:

The Vampire Diaries Inspired - Elena's Blue Lapis Daylight Ring is a great way for fans to sink their teeth into something beautiful. The zinc alloy ring features a beautiful blue lapis colored acrylic center stone and four rhinestones. The unique ring band features two points on each side that resemble vampire teeth. Fans of all things The Vampire Diaries now have the opportunity to live their fantasies with this stylish ring. Add this vampire inspired ring to your collection and create a thrilling look for less!
Celebrity Disclaimer
The celebrities pictured on Emitations.com do not sponsor or endorse the products sold on Emitations.com and are not associated or affiliated with Emitations.com. Emitations.com's use of the celebrities pictured are for informational purposes only, in order to demonstrate the similarity of Emitations.com's products with those worn by celebrities. Movie/Television/Advertisement Disclaimer
The celebrities, movies, television series and advertisements depicting celebrities (including, without limitation, the corresponding studio, production company, distribution company or any party affiliated with the movie and/or television series and/or advertisements) pictured on Emitations.com do not sponsor or endorse the products sold on Emitations.com and are not associated or affiliated with Emitations.com. Emitations.com's use of the celebrities pictured, either individually or in a movie and/or television series and/or advertisements, are for informational purposes only, in order to demonstrate the similarity of Emitations.com's products with those worn by celebrities. Weight: 2.2 g
Metal: Zinc Alloy
Material: Acrylic
Measurements: Band thickness 2mm

It was marked down from $50, but for all I know that could be crap, just to get someone to buy it.  There are no reviews either so that's why I'm asking here.

What do you guys think?  Is it a good deal or what?

Thanks in advance. :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:21:29 PM by Majesty »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
If I liked it, I'd probably buy it.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
It'll probably look cheap.... I dunno. Maybe just check out their return policy?

That said, LOOOVE VAMPIRE DIARIES! Literally my drug. My other one is Pretty Little Liars. :)

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
If you really want one, I'd probably buy a real silver one, then you are sure it will last longer.
Another VD addict here, I don't know how many cheap Damon rings I already had, and they all turned black and green eventually.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
Exactly, I'd go for sterling silver. The fake silver will probably rub off on your fingers before long.

I'm a lover of the show too- well, more Damon than anything (I have a Damon doll)hehe.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Personally I wouldn't buy a ring unless is specified at least sterling silver, or it will lose the stone and it will turn your hand green/black. 

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Yep Zinc Alloy will more then likely turn your finger green. I'd buy one that is a least sterling silver like others have said.

Another VD fan here. I'm so disappointed in this season. BOO!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for your help.  :)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
I'm a lover of the show too- well, more Damon than anything (I have a Damon doll)hehe.
Drool! Show us? Please?????

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
Here's a terrible picture of him back from when I got him- he's the Tonner 1854 version.  The original version goes for big bucks! I did buy him some clothes and flattened his hair so he looks like the regular present one now.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal