collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Selling G1 brushes/ Combs  (Read 878 times)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Selling G1 brushes/ Combs
« on: March 03, 2014, 06:00:17 AM »
I have probably 200+ unique colors/ shades/shapes.

I have yet to find a site with comprehensive data that includes ALL the colors/shades that I own. Including 7 unique shades of a yellow shooting star comb... just for an idea of my predicament.
Trying to properly identify them all would be a nightmare- 1 of each is fine with me.

Anyway I'm sure you all can imagine that I have amassed a HUGE spread of extras. Many of you have seen how crappy my camera is (this is probably admittedly due to operator error).

Lack of good photos, time and proper identification- how do I sell these?

I have thought about taking a down payment upfront then shipping them to the interested party and then upon receiving the unwanted ones back issuing a refund, but how would people (especially International) feel about having to pay for return shipping? Ultimately I would prefer trades, but in that situation how would you feel about paying the fully refundable payment?

I am just trying to protect myself and make sure my buyers know what they are getting.

Any other suggestions?

....yea, I know the fair is the best idea, but It's not going to happen this year...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Selling G1 brushes/ Combs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:06:32 AM »
You sell them all to Cat :)

Problem solved! See I am a freaking genius!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 06:13:33 AM »
You sell them all to Cat :)

Problem solved! See I am a freaking genius!

I think your collection may already be larger than mine- mine contains no duplicates! All my extras are thrown in a large tin popcorn canister.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 12:49:31 PM »
Send them all to me? :lol:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

YellowCat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 04:29:17 PM »
Good luck with that.  Awhile back I found a bunch of pony accessories and it was a pain to figure out who they went to and how to price them.

Greatponies.com is probably the best accessory ID site out there right now.

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 05:05:09 PM »
What about mystery accessory bags for a set price? I know I'd be interested.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 05:50:57 PM »
What about mystery accessory bags for a set price? I know I'd be interested.

Already have mystery boxes on e-bay, but maybe I could do another one for brushes/combs only.

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 07:00:27 PM »
They go fast on the area sales, too.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 03:38:04 PM »
LOL - we should lump all our combs and brushes together and try and conquer the world MWHAHAHAHAHAHA

As to selling; if you have time and patience [and by that I mean a lot of time as it can take ages] you could list them individually for sale here [perhaps using Classifieds and a link from For Sale to the sales]. Or I like the idea of grab bags and a discounted price point - thats going to sell them the fastest. Something like 10 for $10 or similar? I would probably be seriously tempted myself lol :P
Loa is my love god!

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »
Hi ChipsteRJ!  Well as much as I would love to take all of your and Hathorcat's combs/brushes and fill a swimming pool so I could dive in, I don't have an empty swimming pool around :)  It sounds like the main problem facing you is your desire to make sure that if someone really wants, for example, Posey's blue butterfly brush, he/she gets the exact right shade.  That can be tricky even with the best of cameras, so I see your dilemma.

First, my recommendation would be that you post your brushes/combs with a disclaimer in BOLD saying that, while you will do your best to send the right shade, the buyer agrees to take on the responsibility if it's not exactly what that person wanted. 

Second, I'd post pics, even if they're not great--again, highlight the disclaimer.

As far as selling--I'm not a big fan of blind accessory purchases, but what you *could* do that I think would work is offer sale prices when buyers order in bulk.  For instance, brushes/combs that are more garden variety could be $10/10, etc.  I would have found this *very* attractive back in my days of more buying.

Best of luck!  You always have great stuff!!!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 07:58:20 PM »
I'd take advantage of a ten for ten

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 02:34:27 AM »
First, my recommendation would be that you post your brushes/combs with a disclaimer in BOLD saying that, while you will do your best to send the right shade, the buyer agrees to take on the responsibility if it's not exactly what that person wanted. 

All of this! I can completely understand this frustration both as a buyer and as a seller. Whenever anyone asks who a comb or brush belongs to, unless its one of the unique ones, I have to say it looks like it could be. You can never say for certain - different cameras, different computer monitors, different backgrounds to the picture and even people defining colours differently [what someone calls dark aqua someone else may call turquoise and the whole purple - purple pink to pink purple to pink spectrum makes my head hurt] means its practically impossible to ever say 100%. Make it clear who you think it may belong to but that its your opinion or even just list a description of the colour. And simply tell people you can not promise it belongs to certain ponies.
Loa is my love god!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 08:47:48 PM »
I know I got into a mess trying to sell combs and brushes this summer I just don't want to deal with it, but I can't hold on to everything FOREVER...

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 09:16:20 PM »
I know I got into a mess trying to sell combs and brushes this summer I just don't want to deal with it, but I can't hold on to everything FOREVER...

Perhaps you could photograph and present them for sale in colour lots? For example, "Yellow Shooting Star Comb - $1 each". And then you have a single photo with them all lined up and numbered, perhaps arranged lightest to darkest if you can be bothered. No matter how shoddy your camera is, it will still provide a general indicator of the actual shade via comparison. Then it's up to the buyer to decide which ones they think would best match what they're looking for.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 09:22:59 PM »
I've tried that numerous times, the camera just doesn't pick up the shade variances very well- Like I said I have 7 or 8 yellows when I take photos it only looks like 3-4 different shades.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal