collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Terrible News  (Read 1823 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible News
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 01:56:37 AM »
Yikes! I am so sorry :( I agree with initially trying a magic eraser to see if that can hopefully get rid of the worst of it. I am sure with some perseverance and perhaps sun fading the marks will come out.

Like KKV, I have an army of baity CP ponies for pony wear models and, other than barrettes, all other pony wear sits beside ponies rather than on them. Even though most official pony wear is probably fine [and other than plastic parts I have never heard of any issues with it] it does make me paranoid.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 02:35:38 AM »
My boys wear there hats hopefully they be ok!

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 04:15:58 AM »
Could this happen with Big Brothers bandanas and hats too?

yep they can, so don't let brothers wear too much their accessories.

Sorry to hear that :(  Hope you can get rid of the stains!

I use acne cream to get rid of markings. BUT before using it on the pony try it under the hoof to see if the cream takes the color away. Keep it under the hoof at least 24h or even more to make sure nothing happens to the ponys color.
If nothing happens put the cream on the mark. Put it heavily, thing-layer won't do nothing. Keep it 24h and then take it off to see if the mark got away. If not put a new layer. Repeat as long as the mark is visible. It might take some time, this is not one-night solution.
In Finland they are selling Basiron (more gently to the ponys plastic but takes longer) and Brevoxyl (more stonger than Basiron). Usually if the ponys plastic is harder the more it can endure the acne cream without fading the color. But the important thing is that the acne cream includes benzol peroxid (the label is not so important). If you use acne cream and also put the pony in the sun the power is multipled.
But remember to test the cream to the hood before using!! some ponies can't handle it unfortunately :(
I have successfully used the cream for various markings and got all my ponies (g1) bright and shiny (or markings has faded almost invisible). Only mommy sweet celebrations didn't handle the cream :/

I also think you can use some other liquid, cream etc. if it includes benzol peroxid.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »
I am going to say don't use acne cream. Although I am sure Tuney perhaps already knows about it from reports over the years. It is pretty nasty stuff and it continues to work on pony plastic long after you think. In fact its one of the worst things you can use on ponies unfortunately.
Loa is my love god!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 06:33:32 PM »
I totally forgot about sunfading. I could try that. All I have to do is cover up the whole pony aside from the bad area and leave it in the sun, right?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 06:13:26 AM »
Yes. Just tinfoil up any areas you dont want to be sunfaded [hair and body] and pop them in the sunshine.
Loa is my love god!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 03:00:34 PM »
Yes. Just tinfoil up any areas you dont want to be sunfaded [hair and body] and pop them in the sunshine.

Thanks, just a few more months until spring. Ponies are all packed up for the move. Now I can turn my attention to packing up the rest of my non essentials and get to work on finding new furniture!

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 12:08:52 AM »
I am going to say don't use acne cream. Although I am sure Tuney perhaps already knows about it from reports over the years. It is pretty nasty stuff and it continues to work on pony plastic long after you think. In fact its one of the worst things you can use on ponies unfortunately.
wow really? I have never had any problems.. I wash the ponies after using the cream of course..  Sure it also depends on the plastic, all ponies can't handle it. But maybe I need to check my ponies if they have some light markings..

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 12:12:49 AM »
I only use ponywear on ponies which initially have some issues so I won't feel bad about damaging them in anyway :blush: But thank you for the warning!
It made me strip down the clothes and accessories from my G2's...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 03:39:44 AM »
wow really? I have never had any problems.. I wash the ponies after using the cream of course..  Sure it also depends on the plastic, all ponies can't handle it. But maybe I need to check my ponies if they have some light markings..

In the long run it causes problems :( Unfortunately the active ingredient gets right into the plastic. A good wash takes anything on the surface away but you cant reach the chemicals inside the plastic which are still being influenced by the cream. I have seen ponies who had treatment be perfectly fine for months and months and even years and then all of a sudden large blotches of missing colour will appear.

I would honestly suggest things like sun fading well in advance of any kind of acne cream treatment. But its whatever works for you :) As long as you know of the potential problems and if selling I would make sure to tell your buyer the pony has been treated with the cream as in the long run when there are problems it would be best if they know.
Loa is my love god!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 06:59:14 PM »
If seems a shame that ponies can't wear their outfits without worry. Would it help to cut out some felt or other thin cloth and put the cloth between the pony and the accessory? I'm guessing it'd have to be white cloth, though
I'll put something here some time

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 03:10:08 AM »

In the long run it causes problems :( Unfortunately the active ingredient gets right into the plastic. A good wash takes anything on the surface away but you cant reach the chemicals inside the plastic which are still being influenced by the cream. I have seen ponies who had treatment be perfectly fine for months and months and even years and then all of a sudden large blotches of missing colour will appear.

I would honestly suggest things like sun fading well in advance of any kind of acne cream treatment. But its whatever works for you :) As long as you know of the potential problems and if selling I would make sure to tell your buyer the pony has been treated with the cream as in the long run when there are problems it would be best if they know.

I bought Mimic off someone (banned now) and after I'd had her a few months, part of her leg whitened (thanksfully I got a good price on her). I also have an Italy Blossom with the most amazing hair and...big white patches on her :(. There has also been a thread recently about a Nightlight who had had her white patches touched up with paint, but that was a slightly different issue. It's a nasty chemical and we put it on our faces!

OMG Tuney Starburst!!!!!!!!
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

calypony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2014, 10:02:40 AM »
If seems a shame that ponies can't wear their outfits without worry. Would it help to cut out some felt or other thin cloth and put the cloth between the pony and the accessory? I'm guessing it'd have to be white cloth, though

I'm curious about this, too. My kids like to dress up my G4s with their tiaras and leg accessories. What about Fashion Style ponies? I have ALL my fashion styles dressed and never thought it was an issue. I've purchased some that were MIB with their clothes on for a couple years and there were no marks on them when opening the packages.

So sorry for those who have stained ponies from this issue. :(

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2014, 10:15:54 AM »
So sorry to hear this! :(

I have two or three ponies wearing outfits "permanently", because the outfits are far too cute not to show off, but they're duplicate ponies,and barely beyond bait condition (if not actually bait). If i ever get more organized with all the pony accessories, I plan to use baity ponies as models. Then it will become an issue of who should get the shelf space... The gorgeous, gownless Nightglider or the droopy Cotton Candy wearing her exotic abracadabra outfit (whatever the belly dancer G1 outfit is called lol).

That is a great idea! Well.. I guess I won't be selling a few of those bait ponies in the trade box now!

Could this happen with Big Brothers bandanas and hats too?

yep they can, so don't let brothers wear too much their accessories.

But but.. I love displaying them with accessories! :/ now I will have to rethink the display cause I'd rather they not stain.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2014, 12:29:19 PM »
Total bummer Tuney. :o(
I had my doubles/triples of babies and adults wearing pony wear, but after hearing horror stories like these they're no longer dressed for longer than a photo shoot....

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal