collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Year of the Horse G1 Pony Discussion- Fizzy  (Read 309 times)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
Year of the Horse G1 Pony Discussion- Fizzy
« on: March 01, 2014, 10:15:04 AM »
Hey there everybody! It is so like, really nice to talk to you all! For this segment I'm going to totally, like, talk about, like, this really really cool year four Twinkle Eyed unicorn, who like, has the cutest turquoise body and a really cool soda foutain cutie mark that is the cutest EVAR! Her name's... What? Schäumchen? Espumita? I can't remeber, tee hee..

She like, totally isn't some kinda airhead who messed up nature in Dream Valley by knocking over a barrel of cute little creatures called frazits, and she so totally didn't make a bubble that almost made Megan's sister Molly blow away! And it's not totally like she's so dumb she needs Wind Whistler and Shady there to make sure she doesn't like, totally do something stupid and jump off a clff or something!

Anyway, so I thought it would be fun to, like, make a thread about this really cool pony here! I just wish I could remember... Bubbly? Sparkly? Oh well, I'm sure I'll remeber sometime! Have a great time talking about her, everybody!  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Year of the Horse G1 Pony Discussion- Fizzy
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 10:39:18 AM »
I love Fizzy! I am dont normally love green ponies but I really like her and she is in one of my favourite unicorn poses too :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 10:51:13 AM »
Hooray for Fizzy.  She's one of the reasons I really wish G1 ponies would make a comeback.  She's the pony G4 Pinkie Pie should be.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 11:18:20 AM »
YAY for Fizzy, shes my favourite G1 pony (along with some childhood favourites of course!!).
I saw her for the first time when I was about 5yo. A girl in the kindergarten stole my glow-in-the-dark donkey, it was yellow with red stars and I loved it (yes, this actually has to do with Fizzy!). Well, when it was gone, I cried and cried, so my mum told me I was allowed to pic a new toy. We went to Woolworth in Springe (Germany) and while my mom was looking for kitchen stuff I strolled along the toy shelves. And then there she was : FIZZY!! OMG sooo beautiful!!! She was hanging between TicTacToe and Locket (I remembered their symbols though all the years and recognized them when I started collecting as an adult) and I instantly fell in love. I wanted her so badly!!!! She was my favourite character from the storytapes too (later though). But... I did not get her because she was way too pricey (I understand it today... but as a kid... ah you know.). I got a new donkey instead, a pink one with blue stars. Yeah... well, I loved it, I still have it today, but meeh. I wanted Fizzy, lol. That was the first and the last time I ever saw Fizzy in person as a chil. Nobody I know had her.

When I started collecting as an adult I soon met a collector who wanted to trade her Fizzy for another pony. But... I did not have any doubles to trade. And I did a really dumb thing then, I traded two of my childhoodponies away (Shaggy and Tappy) to get her. I was thinking I would never ever be able to get Fizzy if I did not take the chance. I was pretty dumb back then... I should have waited a little while instead of giving away my childhood ponies. So, we traded, I got Fizzy, she got Shaggy and Tappy. Wasnt that happy with Fizzy to be honest. At first, seeing her insect like eyes freaked me out. My memory told of beautiful eyes and not of those silly looking ugly things. And she didnt stand up well. Gah. But I had Fizzy. had her. Finally. Soon I traded her with another collector who wanted just her head for a custom. I got a better Fizzy and still have her. I love her, for her personality from the show and the german storytapes and everything. Her color, her symbols, her hair... to me shes just wonderful... escept of the eyes. Those eyes...

Anyway, I have managed to collect quite a nice collection in Fizzy-Things during ten years of collecting. It also won a price at the German Ponycon of 2010 for the Best Special Theme Collection! I got a Baby Star Song plush for the win lol.
You can see it here, its not 100% complete atm, but I did not accquire much stuff since the last picture : http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de/schaeumchen_sammlung.htm

So, Fizzy is my favourite G1 pony! Sure, nopony would ever be better than my childhoodponies, honorable mentioned Sugar Apple and Sugar Sweet. But I love her a lot :)

Pepinoreno

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 01:39:44 PM »
Aww love that Fizzy! She was always my favorite on the show, and I would always pretend to be here when I was little.  :lovey: :lovey:

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 01:42:16 PM »
Hooray for Fizzy.  She's one of the reasons I really wish G1 ponies would make a comeback.  She's the pony G4 Pinkie Pie should be.
Agreed. She's fun-loving & ditzy without going over the top. Plus her colour scheme's ten times more interesting. :P
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »
I love Fizzy's colors so much, she's quite the looker! :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 01:45:41 PM »
I love Fizzy on the cartoon.  She's always so happy and bubbly.  I five her adorable.  :)

As a toy, it took my awhile to love her.  I originally bought her because I loved the character.  But I'm not fond of the Twinkle Eyed ponies in real life, so I sold her.  Recently though, I decided I needed her so I bought her again.  She really is a pretty little pony - though I wish she was a shade brighter green. 

Post Merge: March 01, 2014, 01:46:20 PM

I love Fizzy on the cartoon.  She's always so happy and bubbly.  I five her adorable.  :)

As a toy, it took my awhile to love her.  I originally bought her because I loved the character.  But I'm not fond of the Twinkle Eyed ponies in real life, so I sold her.  Recently though, I decided I needed her so I bought her again.  She really is a pretty little pony - though I wish she was a shade brighter green. 
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 01:54:52 PM »
I have never been keen on green ponies either, but personality is king. That's why Morning Glory is my favourite and Fizzy is my second favourite. No new-gen pony can replace those girls.
The TE backstory (from the comics) which discovered as an adult really brought out something dark from her past. I think it makes me love her more. After going through something as horrible as that, I think it's a valuable lesson to keep laughing.

Who do you see as Fizzy's best friend, by the way? Gusty or Galaxy?
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 02:33:59 PM »
I love Fizzy. She and Wind Whistler were always my favorites. I love her colors...or more specifically, that combination. I get really tired of pink on MLPs, and even G3 Minty's colors I find boring despite the similarities, but Fizzy's combination of dark and light pinks with darker and lighter teal/green just works really well for me. And I know everyone thinks the gem-eyes are weird looking, but I've always always loved them and thought they were really pretty. They're unusual, yes, but I like different!

I'm not a huge fan of her symbols (or food-themed ponies in general), but being a beverage (which is less common) and actually going with her whole "bubbly" theme makes it OK for me. What's weird is that I don't normally like the bubbly, silly, personalities, but she's just so optimistic without being in-your-face about it, I love her.

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 03:06:04 PM »
I love Fizzy too! I actually made a giant cardboard custom of her. Her back is a box that can open up to store stuff. Unfortunately her paper towel tube legs kept falling off. So I took them off and gave her to my little bro who loves her. He keeps a bunch of his toys and stuff in her. She even has a cape that says "Fizzy" on it!

Offline Firehooves

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »
Great posts guys- I do agree Ponyland's resident ditz is one of the funniest and most adorable ponies out there! I almost wish she'd come back for G4! ^^

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal