collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: printer out of ink, can't print label, will post office do it for me? *resolved!  (Read 869 times)

Offline kandipony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • "always dresses in style!"
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
so I created a shipping label on ebay but I don't have any ink to print it out, do I void the label and just pay for it at the post office when I ship? or could I just give them my tracking number and they could print it out for me there? just wanna be sure before I go to the post office tomorrow, I'd hate to have to make 2 trips :/

any input will be appreciated! :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:42:27 PM by kandipony »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: printer out of ink, can't print label, will post office do it for me?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 11:45:46 PM »
I would suggest voiding the label and then paying for postage at the post office.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:51:18 PM »
I would suggest voiding the label and then paying for postage at the post office.
thanks for reply! but would I be paying more at the post office then I would have through ebay? it's a flat rate box so i'd imagine it should be the same price? but doesn't ebay give you a discount if you print & purchase your label through them?

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 01:03:32 AM »
I believe that you do get a discount if you print through ebay and/or paypal. I'm in Canada so I don't know whether or not the PO would print that label for you, I would assume not based on the fact that over here they wouldn't :huh:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 02:39:59 AM »
The PO will not be able to print the label for you. It will have to be voided and be prepared that it can take up to a month for them to refund you.  :huh:

I am not sure when you printed the label but you have 24 hours to reprint it. So if you can get to the store for more ink in that amount of time, you can just reprint. Which is probably what I would try and do to save you the aggravation of waiting on that refund because it's not immediate.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 10:58:19 AM »
You can print stuff at most local libraries(in the US anyway) for really cheap like 10-25 cents, so if there is a library close to the post office that is an option.

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 12:21:53 PM »
yeah I'm just gonna void it. I'd go to the library but I don't have my card and I owe them money from years ago  :blush: haha
I would just buy more ink but it would kinda defeat the purpose of trying to sell these ponies on ebay to make some extra cash lol
thanks again everyone! :)

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 01:32:40 PM »
I suppose the choice is up to you but I know personally I don't like having my money tied up, especially with USPS. Like I said earlier you will have to wait up until 3-4 weeks to get you money refunded.  So it kinda defeats your purpose of making extra cash right there. You already have money tied up?

Also if you are planning on selling more on eBay the cost of ink will pay for it self by what you save on printing your labels through them. I would seriously take a good look at what the PO actually charges, the cost for your gas, time, etc. versus cost of ink(which you would have otherwise).  Just a bit of advice from a long time eBay seller  ;)

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 01:36:01 PM »
I suppose the choice is up to you but I know personally I don't like having my money tied up, especially with USPS. Like I said earlier you will have to wait up until 3-4 weeks to get you money refunded.  So it kinda defeats your purpose of making extra cash right there. You already have money tied up?

Also if you are planning on selling more on eBay the cost of ink will pay for it self by what you save on printing your labels through them. I would seriously take a good look at what the PO actually charges, the cost for your gas, time, etc. versus cost of ink(which you would have otherwise).  Just a bit of advice from a long time eBay seller  ;)
thanks for the tips! :) but this was more so just a one time thing to make some cash, also when I paid for the label I used the option to have it deducted from whatever money I make from the final sale price so it technically hasn't charged my account yet so I'm good. thanks again though! :)

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »

thanks for the tips! :) but this was more so just a one time thing to make some cash, also when I paid for the label I used the option to have it deducted from whatever money I make from the final sale price so it technically hasn't charged my account yet so I'm good. thanks again though! :)

I understand I think where you are coming from because it's obvious the money was deducted from somehwhere. If you perhaps mean it was paid for through your bank account or credit card, it's still an immediate payment. So when you printed the label it most definitely was deducted from whatever source of payment you provided or it would have not tried or should I say print it with no ink.  Thus me saying while it is fine to void it, you will not immediately have that money back in your account. All the while leaving you in the negative for the sale.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 03:33:47 PM »

I understand I think where you are coming from because it's obvious the money was deducted from somehwhere. If you perhaps mean it was paid for through your bank account or credit card, it's still an immediate payment. So when you printed the label it most definitely was deducted from whatever source of payment you provided or it would have not tried or should I say print it with no ink.  Thus me saying while it is fine to void it, you will not immediately have that money back in your account. All the while leaving you in the negative for the sale.
well as of now the shipping charges aren't showing in my paypal or online banking. I don't recall exactly what it said but I know I clicked the option to have my shipping deducted from whatever money I make from the sale cuz that's what I've done before with my previous ebay sales when I didn't have any money to pay for postage. but yeah as of now, there's no negative in the sale so I'm good :)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »
I know my ebay fees (including shipping labels) are deducted monthly, I actually wish they would just take immediate payment, then I wouldn't have to sit there and work it out, so much percent in FVF, then paypal, then shipping costs... How much do I actually have in my paypal?

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
Shipping charges, no matter what are automatically deducted. They are not as far as I know added on charges to your eBay account. When you print a label no matter where, Paypal or eBay it is still immediately deducted from your funding source. That's a fact. Sorry.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 05:25:23 PM »
Shipping charges, no matter what are automatically deducted. They are not as far as I know added on charges to your eBay account. When you print a label no matter where, Paypal or eBay it is still immediately deducted from your funding source. That's a fact. Sorry.
well my funds aren't available yet but so far the only deduction I see is for paypal's fees. as of now, I don't see any type of charge or deduction in any of my accounts. * :shrug:

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
just want to add that my shipping charges from my voided label was deducted today as soon as my funds were available, so it's not immediate. like I said before, I chose the option to have my shipping deducted from whatever I made from the sale. just thought I'd let you know cuz you're a mod for the trader support forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal