collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wrong time, wrong place for pony merch?  (Read 1757 times)

Sweetheart

• Trade Count: (0)
Wrong time, wrong place for pony merch?
« on: February 26, 2014, 05:29:55 PM »
Sadly, I got a little caught up in bidding and ended up winning a softie (that's adorable and I'm sure I'll love), but timing probably wasn't the smartest on my end.

Is there any pony merch or ponies you bought at the wrong time, thought you might like but did not, or didn't like and grew on you?

(Please move if in the wrong forum, thank you!)

Offline PrincessGryph

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • The Want It Need It Spell... Works Every Time!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Gryph Customs for Sale!
Re: Wrong time, wrong place for pony merch?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 05:33:22 PM »
I would always hold out a lot and buy my pony merch when there were Buy-one-get-one-free sales at Toys R Us when I worked there, so I hardly ever regretted my purchases. Though one time I bought a set with the CMC and Cheerilee and the Cheerilee's head was really messed up, so I returned it to Hasbro and they were like "Sorry, we can't replace that because we don't have it anymore, you'll have to get something else!"

Should have just brought it to the store....

Sweetheart

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 05:34:21 PM »
Wow, that's really rude of them. Sorry that happened to you!

tinyblondie

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 07:15:11 PM »
Ive had some trouble recently with items I purchased where postage didn't work out and I was hit with massive costs for something I should have just been more patient with. At least I learned!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 07:17:04 PM »
yeah, I bought a whole bunch of girls' FIM Pinkie Pie and Twilight Flip Flops at shopko on summer clearance.  They were cheap, but I regret it.

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 07:42:29 PM »
Since this seems to be kinda "purchases you regret" kinda thing, I kinda regret buying Bon Bon around Christmas. I thought TRU would stop carrying her faster and I got the only one left on the shelf. Her cutie mark has some fading on both sides, but otherwise I guess she's okay. Point is if I waited I would've had my pick of the litter.
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 08:07:01 PM »
Since this seems to be kinda "purchases you regret" kinda thing, I kinda regret buying Bon Bon around Christmas. I thought TRU would stop carrying her faster and I got the only one left on the shelf. Her cutie mark has some fading on both sides, but otherwise I guess she's okay. Point is if I waited I would've had my pick of the litter.

I'm not sure if this would be frowned upon here, but maybe you can buy a better one, put the old one in the package, then return it? Its still the same Pony and still new. The Funkos have a nice mold but the paint jobs vary. I still haven't found a decently painted Spitfire.

As for me. every time nowadays is a bad time. I love Ponies and collect all four gens, but I still live with parents and I have only my bedroom. I have Ponies in boxes in the basement and my room is a shambles. I still want them and still buy them when I can, but I'm gonna have to start storing a lot more for the foreseeable future.

At least when the time comes that I can display them, I won't be too far behind.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 08:25:25 PM »
I think that applies to most of the time when I buy a pony- like right now, buying ponies when I should really be saving for a trip. I'd rather call it, "wrong time for this pony to show up in my life at a good price". It's all the pony's fault, really.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 10:27:58 PM »
i bought  a   my pretty pony (peachy)last week. and i  jut know its going to need a lot of work.. lol but i could have saved the money.   but it was i thougth a good deal. i'm saving to go    to the con lol

girlyponce

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 08:03:39 AM »
I'm on the other end of the spectrum where I will wait and then I will never be able to find the pony again! Ebay is hard but with the stores as long as I have the money I should really just purchase it as soon as I see it. I've missed out on a few things by waiting.

Sweetheart

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 08:32:25 AM »
I have a really hard time with ebay. I just recently bought a Gusty for thirty and someone listed one for seven dollars :/ Both in very good shape.

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 09:06:39 AM »
I currently regret almost everything I buy, but that is more because I suffer from anxiety so it gets me like, every time  :P :drunk:

That said, I haven't had anything I've really wished I'd never bought. For example most recently I bought both My Pretty Ponies, on an impulse, because no one else had bid, and it was only a slight detour on my way back to uni to pick them up. I wasn't excited, pleased, or anything when I won them :huh:, but once I opened them I was so glad to have such an iconic part of MLP heritage that I'm so glad I bid!  :happy:

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 12:06:25 PM »
Mintamena, it's funny you said that because that's how I fixed my 7 Bubble Funko :muffin: Pony when Amazon sent me an extra one by mistake (instead of the POP!). I switched them.

I think I'll try this with TRU, but is a huge hassle because its far away from me. I'll talk to the wife about it XD
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 08:37:53 PM »
I bought one Princess Luna bootleg plushie, and then about a week afterwards, I impulse-bought a better one. Oh well.
:fox:

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 08:44:53 PM »
I bought one Princess Luna bootleg plushie, and then about a week afterwards, I impulse-bought a better one. Oh well.

Some of those are really nice quality, by the way! We have pals who own the Celestia and Alicorn Rarity. I love the fabric.

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal