collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Barbie/doll clothes, rethrift restore, or keep?  (Read 347 times)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Barbie/doll clothes, rethrift restore, or keep?
« on: February 26, 2014, 04:04:42 PM »
Well, as I said, I got a huge lot , I'll attempt to take some pics. The pepsi product ones are pretty cool looking, and if they're not worth resaling I'll probably keep them for photo props. I also have a ton of clothes that I can pull off on other dolls I own, but I don't want to alter something someone would want.

Can any of you doll smartypants help me see what worth keeping. If you see something you need in the pic, please feel free to tell me, I can pass em forward <3

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
Re: Barbie/doll clothes, rethrift restore, or keep?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 08:09:46 PM »
I can't say if they're worth reselling but in the second pic from the bottom the pink gym bag that turns into a skirt on the left is from Barbie & the All Stars as is the white with blue stars leotard & leg warmer in the same picture. Nothing else stands out to me but they're all from the late 80s/early 90s. Good luck!
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

TARDISGirl78

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »
if you are willing to resell them i want hte pepsi set and parbie wedding dresses. i didnlt even know there was a pepsi set. i had a coke playset.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 05:57:15 AM »
The white, pink, and orange skirt with polka dots is from Babysitter Skipper from the early 90's.

The purple ballerina outfit and also the white netting piece both go to 1990 My First Barbie (Ballerina).

The blue sheer shirt with the rose on it and the blue/teal jacket with the symbol on it goes to 1989 Dance Club Devon.

The sheer pink with blue trim sock also goes to one of the 1989 Dance Club Barbies.  I think it goes to Barbie herself.

You have the bottom part of the bikini and the pink grass skirt to 1990 Hawaiian Fun Barbie.

The pink hair tie with the purple curling ribbon on it goes to 1991 Totally Hair Barbie.

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 07:43:36 AM »
The white, pink, and orange skirt with polka dots is from Babysitter Skipper from the early 90's.

The purple ballerina outfit and also the white netting piece both go to 1990 My First Barbie (Ballerina).

The blue sheer shirt with the rose on it and the blue/teal jacket with the symbol on it goes to 1989 Dance Club Devon.

The sheer pink with blue trim sock also goes to one of the 1989 Dance Club Barbies.  I think it goes to Barbie herself.

You have the bottom part of the bikini and the pink grass skirt to 1990 Hawaiian Fun Barbie.

The pink hair tie with the purple curling ribbon on it goes to 1991 Totally Hair Barbie.

I was wondering what in the world that thing was XD!!! So nothing really here would get me masacred by barbie lovers if I altered them?

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 10:47:58 AM »
The Pepsi Barbie clothing is pretty cool.  I personally never see those pieces.  It's from the 1989 Pepsi Spirit Barbie.

Normally Barbie promotes Coca Cola.  Not sure how much value it has but the other stuff I think it's okay to do whatever you want to with.  I personally don't see anything that I would want to stop you from altering or chopping up for a project.

The only piece that I'm unsure if the pink ribbon looking thing in the last picture.  I'm not sure what that piece is for sure but there are some barbie scarves and belts that are similar that sometimes are harder to find.  I don't know what it is but I'm uncomfortable saying that that one piece is okay to do whatever to.

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 11:57:17 AM »
The Pepsi Barbie clothing is pretty cool.  I personally never see those pieces.  It's from the 1989 Pepsi Spirit Barbie.

Normally Barbie promotes Coca Cola.  Not sure how much value it has but the other stuff I think it's okay to do whatever you want to with.  I personally don't see anything that I would want to stop you from altering or chopping up for a project.

The only piece that I'm unsure if the pink ribbon looking thing in the last picture.  I'm not sure what that piece is for sure but there are some barbie scarves and belts that are similar that sometimes are harder to find.  I don't know what it is but I'm uncomfortable saying that that one piece is okay to do whatever to.

IS there a more barbie oriented resource I can go to? I don't want to hack something that would make someone else happy

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 02:49:17 PM »
I would say don't alter the Pepsi outfits because those are from the Toys R Us Pepsi Spirit Barbie or Skipper doll. 

Does the purple/pink thing with the stars have straps or look like it folds up. The camping Barbie line from around 1994/1995 had sleeping bags that folded up in to backpacks. I would say not to alter that one either. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 03:31:43 PM »
I would say don't alter the Pepsi outfits because those are from the Toys R Us Pepsi Spirit Barbie or Skipper doll. 

Does the purple/pink thing with the stars have straps or look like it folds up. The camping Barbie line from around 1994/1995 had sleeping bags that folded up in to backpacks. I would say not to alter that one either. 

Ponyfan

It's deff a sleeping bag, thank you, I'll keep it as is. And I didn't know about the pepsi outfits. I'm off to do some research <3!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal