collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is there anyone else here who couldn't resist the urge to get just a few...  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Equestria Girls Dolls?

I admit I wasn't a huge fan of the idea and I'm not planning on really collecting them, but I did pick up the hair styling Rainbow Dash on clearance out of curiosity as I wanted to see what they were like. I honestly wasn't too impressed with the quality of this particular doll, but she is kind neat I guess. I wouldn't have paid more than what I got her for on clearance, they didn't even use the deluxe style body with the extra articulation. In regards to quality and articulation, I would still say Monster High dolls are a far better value for the price.

...However, I really have kinda fallen in love with the Deluxe Fluttershy with that pretty blue metallic dress, and I've kinda been eying the Black Tie Pinkie Pie for awhile, so odds are I will eventually end up with a couple more, lol.

I don't know how the other ones are, but the best part about Rainbow Dash was the fact that it only took me like 3 seconds to slip her out of the box as apposed to the ridiculous amount of time I'm used to spending tryng to get a MH doll out of the box, that was definitely a plus! :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:02:58 AM by Pony_Lover_Man »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Not me :P I can resist perfectly fine.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Ditto to NoDivision's answer...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

CottonTALE

I really like them :D

Although I told myself to only pick up the Fluttershy ones, I guess i'll have to pick up Octavia and Photo Finish for the ponies they have.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Equestria Girls Dolls?

I admit I wasn't a huge fan of the idea and I'm not planning on really collecting them, but I did pick up the hair styling Rainbow Dash on clearance out of curiosity as I wanted to see what they were like. I honestly wasn't too impressed with the quality of this particular doll, but she is kind neat I guess. I wouldn't have paid more than what I got her for on clearance, they didn't even use the deluxe style body with the extra articulation. In regards to quality and articulation, I would still say Monster High dolls are a far better value for the price.

...However, I really have kinda fallen in love with the Deluxe Fluttershy with that pretty blue metallic dress, and I've kinda been eying the Black Tie Pinkie Pie for awhile, so odds are I will eventually end up with a couple more, lol.

I don't know how the other ones are, but the best part about Rainbow Dash was the fact that it only took me like 3 seconds to slip her out of the box as apposed to the ridiculous amount of time I'm used to spending tryng to get a MH doll out of the box, that was definitely a plus! :)

Do you mean 3 seconds to pull the plastic inner thing out of the box or 3 seconds to get Rainbow off the plastic thing? I actually had a horrible time doing both. I could hardly believe how stuck in the box that plastic thing was. I was deboxing Deluxe Rainbow, though, and not the long hair version.

I wasn't quite sure what to make of the Equestria Girls dolls until I saw the movie, loved it, and wanted to collect. Although even before I saw the movie, I kind of wanted the set with Twilight and Sunset. I just didn't feel like I could fork over the money happily until after I saw the movie.

I'm not sure how many I'll end up with, though. I really don't care for the Basic dolls having molded tops and only the skirts being cloth. So I prefer getting any dolls that have cloth tops. And I don't really like gimmick dolls with other hair colors and makeup and such, so I'm not terribly interested in the Rainbow Rocks line. I really want Trixie and Octavia and Vinyl, though, since I suppose that's the only way to get dolls of them.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Not me :P I can resist perfectly fine.
This :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I think I may get Rainbow Rocks Rarity.  But my older two daughters have their birthdays this week and next week, and a few of the EG dolls were on their wishlist.  I got some for them.  So if the dolls turn out to be something they really like, I foresee getting a few more in the future, lol.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
I have been resisting very well actually. But I just saw a photo of the Zecora doll and that one may prove harder to resist for me...

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

diamondshy

I was sorely tempted by Trixie in TRU yesterday, she really is cuter in person.  Luckily I was in a bit of a hurry, so I can wait for clearance.

Zecora and some of the upcoming background characters look promising though.  I hope the line will eventually get to the same quality as MH/EAH, but at that point I wouldn't be able to resist anymore.  XD

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I can resist fine too:) However, my daughter wants the Equestria doll rarity so maybe just one for her...

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is there anyone else here who couldn't resist the urge to get just a few...
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 09:44:22 AM »
There's been quite a few products I've said "no way not for me" when I see them online, but then I totally cave and buy them when I see them in person--they always turn out so much cuter than the photos! Especially the Funko minis, they are actually super cute in person but I was totally turned off when I saw them online.

But EG dolls? Nope. I've seen them in person and never been tempted to buy any of them. I will be buying the Rainbow Rocks Rarity, but only for the pony. I'll be selling the doll.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »
They don't quite appeal to me since they're lacking articulation and well I'm honestly just not much into dolls.  I could see why the bright colors would appeal to other people though.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 10:53:13 AM »
I have a couple and I will probably purchase Rainbow Rocks Rarity [for the pony not the doll]. However, I will admit I do wonder if I have them "just because" - because they are something different for MLP. I dont particularly love them, I think they can be cute but I doubt I will keep them long term.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Emerald Treasure

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 10:58:20 AM »
At first I was a little weirded out by them, but I fell in love eventually. I now have the pep rally set, the Sunset Shimmer and Twilight pack, and deluxe Rarity.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 11:00:54 AM »
There's nothing to resist. They are dolls. I find dolls creepy. The end. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal