collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are Barbies hard to come by after they've sold out?  (Read 439 times)

Offline beajjai033

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • "It will all be worth it in the end."
    • View Profile
Are Barbies hard to come by after they've sold out?
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:17:20 AM »
Don't mean to be vague~  :lol: But I'm referring to her!

Barbie Collector University of Oklahoma Doll
and her fellow Cheerleader dollies.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Apparently I've never had an authentic Barbie for all my life so I have 0 knowledge about them :P
But she's such an eye candy!

Anyway, back to the question, can I easily purchase her after some time, say May?
I'm not fully decided with her, but I need to decide soon, and I have dollies yet to buy.
I don't mind getting her preloved or nude.
Any input and additional info would be awesome!  ^.^

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Are Barbies hard to come by after they've sold out?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 05:47:52 AM »
My personal thoughts are that Barbie's are easy to get on the internet.  It might be cheaper when you see her in the store to get her now because you don't have to wait on shipping.  You also don't have to worry about her getting lost in the mail and the box being crushed.  If you bought her on the internet without her clothing and accessories you might be paying the same about when you add in the shipping costs (possibly- depends on the new price of the doll).  If this doll did sell out and for some reason her prices on the internet did spike up just wait a few years and her prices might dip back down again.  There are some Barbie's that seem to do this.  Some hold their original price tag and some seem to inflate for a long time (like the Happy Family dolls- they are still pricey).

Good luck with your decision!

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 06:04:12 AM »
It looks like she is going for around 30 on eBay right now.

Some of the others are still available on the barbie collector website. Each of those are running 14.95.

I'd say her price will go up a little now that she isn't available anymore. Good luck with your search.

Offline beajjai033

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 07:00:45 AM »
My personal thoughts are that Barbie's are easy to get on the internet.  It might be cheaper when you see her in the store to get her now because you don't have to wait on shipping.  You also don't have to worry about her getting lost in the mail and the box being crushed.  If you bought her on the internet without her clothing and accessories you might be paying the same about when you add in the shipping costs (possibly- depends on the new price of the doll).  If this doll did sell out and for some reason her prices on the internet did spike up just wait a few years and her prices might dip back down again.  There are some Barbie's that seem to do this.  Some hold their original price tag and some seem to inflate for a long time (like the Happy Family dolls- they are still pricey).

Good luck with your decision!

Ah, I haven't mentioned it but I don't think they pop up for sale here at physical stores. I live in the PH and online shops here have her up for pre-order (her price is okay, but with added shipping & all..  :huh:).
But it does save me from the hassle, and customs.
Thank you for explaining it well FairyDust! :D

It looks like she is going for around 30 on eBay right now.

Some of the others are still available on the barbie collector website. Each of those are running 14.95.

I'd say her price will go up a little now that she isn't available anymore. Good luck with your search.

Ah, with your input it does seem like so.
Thank you SwordPony! :D

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 12:50:30 PM »
Nothing mass-manufactured is difficult to obtain these days, not with the Internet!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline beajjai033

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 06:37:36 AM »
Nothing mass-manufactured is difficult to obtain these days, not with the Internet!  :)

Ha! I'll take your word for it squirmy:biggrin:

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 08:21:16 AM »
I've had trouble finding dolls that are suppose to mass produced. So I don't think that is true at all.

Offline beajjai033

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 06:36:40 AM »
I've had trouble finding dolls that are suppose to mass produced. So I don't think that is true at all.

How hard is it to choose.. :P
Thanks for the input!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal