collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: waterproof make up help  (Read 239 times)

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
waterproof make up help
« on: February 13, 2014, 02:42:31 AM »
SO next week I will escape the dreaded winter weather in Michigan :biggrin: and spending some time in Florida, but my issue is winter skin  and being in water >_<.  I found out the person I am visiting is planning on taking me swimming with manatees  :biggrin: . Exciting right? Well my issue is my red winter skin (I have eczema and winter wreaks havoc on my skin *sigh*) . So I was wondering if any pony knows of a good water proof/ resistant foundation. I have heard of some brand called
"MAKE UP FOR EVER" and that they make some type of aqua seal that is supposed to turn your makeup products into waterproof formulas. but I don't know, I have never used this brand and I was wondering  if any pony has? Or what would you recommend? thanks for any help or advice   :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
Re: waterproof make up help
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 05:04:42 AM »
I would go for a oil base make up, that would be harder to wash off. I don't know what the stuff is your talking about is, but Im sure you can look up reviews about it online. Maybe try a cosmetic store like Sallys Beauty supply and see if they have anything.. Good luck and have fun
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 05:27:39 AM »
I am a make-up artist have been for like 6 years now.
Some make-ups claim to be waterproof but they are not they are only resistant which means slightly rain proof.

I get the eczema too the best idea for our skin is to find a really good moisturiser first, Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour face cream (or the intense but you have to put face cream over that) is the best thing to clear up redness. You can also get primers for your skin which will help for the redness. There is Urban Decays Pore Perfecting primer, they also have a Make-up setting spray which will make your make-up more water resistant but still not waterproof.

The main thing is to calm your skin down first so find a good moisturiser like I said. We also have E45 here I am not sure if you get that over there.
Foundation wise there are 3 options really

*use a tinted moisturiser (personally I find these don't work so well in the water)
*Use a very soft fake tan - for this you would need a moisturising one though as otherwise the fake tan will build up in patches where you have the eczema & then can look blotchy
or (and what I go for)
* Use mineral make-up - out of every single foundation I have ever tried on myself, my family & my customers this one appears to be the most waterproof.
 - I personally use Urban Decays Surreal Skin Mineral powder (use a brush not the sponge applicator the sponge is no good)
 However BareMinerals is also good most of my customers use this one (I just don't as I have extremely pale skin & their lightest shade does not suit me)
 - When you apply this use a very soft powder brush I use the Urban Decay one as it is suitable for extremely sensitive skin & I can not use animal hair ones.
- I suggest that you also use a synthetic hair brush like the Urban Decay one because the goat hair brush ones will irritate your eczema more
- You will only need a very small amount of this foundation (make sure you tap off any excess powder into the pot) brush this onto your face in soft circles then you just work it up until you have the look you want.
- For going swimming or in the water etc I suggest you only put a small amount on as if you build it up too much it will come off quicker in the water. But the small amount I found actually stays on the skin in water. 

Another option is not to wear make-up, which you might find you don't need to if you find a good moisturiser if you can get hold of the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream I would really recommend it. It has helped me a lot.

Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 08:50:55 AM »
Skip the makeup and go for the hydrating lotions.  I have one I swear by from bath and body works but its discontinued.

If you can find something that will absorb into your skin right away it should help with the winter dryness AND eczema. 

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 10:27:23 AM »
I like the idea of a spray  tan, plus the more lotions you use the longer the tan stays.. Helps with my skin, Fish oil pills, helps a lot. With my Psoriasis I have patches of dry skin all over, before I started getting shots for it, I used a soap and lotion made out of goats milk. It made a big difference. Psoriasis was very awful, & I didn't wear a bathing suit ever, or liked to been seen at all when It was really bad, so I feel for you.. ;)
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 10:35:07 AM »
 Tiffymh1fan - Good idea, I think I will talk to some of my local sephora girls =) and maybe bother Lollipop through pms ;) hehe

Lollipop- I currently use bare minerals , I will have to check out Urban Decays Surreal Skin Mineral powder =). I have a make up primer from smashbox (their photo finish one, it's clear in color) that I use some times I will have to look into ones specific for redness =). I have never used a setting spray , do you have one you would recommend? I googled Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream and looked for store locations and it looks like my local shopping mall has a store that should carry it =D

melodys_angel- I hate when that happens! They like to get you hooked on products and then discontinue them (because they actually work?? I don't know the reasons *sigh* but it's so frustrating) I have started using St. Ives Timeless Skin but I am not sure if I like it yet.

Post Merge: February 13, 2014, 10:40:40 AM

Tiffymh1fan- skin problems suck! My upper thighs get red , dry and bumpy so I am not a super fan of swim wear myself. I have to wear one with like a skirt or that the bottom part is more like shorts, or I wear shorts with it lol.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:40:40 AM by pinkaurora »

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 11:20:41 AM »
Ok bareminerals is good I use there concealer, If you can get to try the Urban Decay one though I do recommend it I have been through Hundreds of foundations this is by far my favourite as it doesn't feel cakey on the skin & can actually let your skin breath. (which our sort of skin really needs to do or the eczema will get worse)
If you go to the UD counter the girls will probably tell you to use the brightening primer because of the eczema but I would recommend the pore one (you can use both if you want to I do this for special occasions).
The best setting spray is Urban Decay's All Nighter this is really good & whilst I was on holiday I actually used it all the time it was really good to cool down my face. It seemed to do the trick of keeping my make-up in place. It is also really good for crazy nights clubbing :P make-up stays intact even to the next morning lol.

That is really good about the 8 hour cream it is amazing I use the body one the intense & the face cream. The body I use all the time I tend to use the other 2  if my skin gets irritated. The intense is really good for burns chapped lips anywhere that needs attention. Its pretty amazing. The face cream don't use too much a little bit goes a long way. I tend to use this just when my eczema is really bad. They will probably have a set you can get.
The main one I would recommend though is the intense then you can put your own moisturise over the top.
The best moisturiser I have tried is a bit pricey but amazing its the Dior Hydra range. I get the one for extremely dry skin in the winter & the one for dry to normal skin for the rest of the year. These will actually last you a very long time as you do not need much at all.
If you want a cheaper range I found a L'Oreal one the other day which is actually good as well (I am using this one atm always good to try new moisturisers otherwise your skin becomes used to product & eventually it doesn't do anything for you anymore) it is L'Oreal Youth Code I am using the serum & the cream at the moment.

St Ives is actually a really good range for the body & I use their face wipes to get my eye make-up off. I don't use their face creams a I reacted to them last time I used them.

Tiffymh1fan- skin problems suck! My upper thighs get red , dry and bumpy so I am not a super fan of swim wear myself. I have to wear one with like a skirt or that the bottom part is more like shorts, or I wear shorts with it lol.

There is actually an amazing product by Elizabeth Arden that helps really well with this. It is from their Prevage range, for this you would want the body one. I got to try one before it is really amazing but it is about £100 it is worth it in my opinion but for now I can't bring myself to spend that much. They also do a serum or a cream specifically for redness as well which again is amazing but around that price or more.
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 01:09:31 PM »
Looks like you've gotten some good advice! Have fun on vacation!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal