collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Would you buy a G4 male pegasus pony?

Yes! More than likely.
106 (75.2%)
Maybe, depends on the character, etc.
27 (19.1%)
No! Not interested.
8 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Hasbro has never released....  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Hasbro has never released....
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 08:25:11 PM »
if it was flash sentry? i'd buy enough brushables (or any merchandise) to use as wallpaper.

I think he's destined for an Equestria Girls doll at the very least!
0.0! that would be awesome! so long as he doesn't have a bratz boys type of jaw line.
though i'd still buy him, just shave down the plastic and use apoxie to sculpt his face better

If he comes with a normal sized brushable boy pony I will buy the pony and melt the doll, lol jk I'll sell him on my sales thread.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 08:26:09 PM »
Boy ponies, girl ponies, baby ponies, sea ponies, you name it, I'll buy it....just want more characters. :(

Exactly.

I'm a boy pony fan too. I am baffled as to why we don't yet have a Big Mac in brushable form. I have to resort to customizing boy g4s. I am grateful they have released Shining Armor or we'd really be hosed. I would love boy Earth, Unicorns and pegasi in all the colors so I never have to do an FBR ;)

Every time I watch an episode I'm thinking "GAH! How am I (or kids) supposed to reenact this with ONE boy pony???" Meanwhile with a 1:100 boy/girl ratio in my herd, Shining Armor is NOT complaining ;) ;)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 08:55:24 PM »
In G1, Brazilian Gusty was a male called Brisa/Breeze (in the show) or Bola de Neve/Snowball (in the toyline). Italian Gusty is also a male called Gustavo. And do Pony Friends count? Dear old Oakly and Edgar were both male.

For the G4s, I would love more male ponies, pegasi or no, even troll haired or mohawked! And I would definitely buy as many as my paychecks allowed. I actually have all my ponies lined up together in the same place right now, and decided to test my dad on the gender ratio. "I have 120 little ponies here, how many do you think are boys?" He gave me what he thought was a conservative guess - 40. So the ratio would be 1/3 male to 2/3 female. :lol: Makes sense to the layman but not to Hasbro, he was utterly shocked when I told him only one was male, and the reason he was made into a toy was because he married a pretty pink princess. And that out of my 25-odd fashion style sized ponies there is still only the one SA. And that all of my 20-odd "pony dolls" were girls too. Then he laughed it off and called SA very lucky for having so many ladies around.

They really need to start churning out more unique characters, male and female, instead of taking the cheap option and just repainting blind bags. I'm really disappointed in Rainbow Power thus far, it's literally Core 7 (mane six + Cadence). Maybe with EQG2 on the way and new dolls coming, there will be new pony counterparts, but tbh I'm not holding out too much hope for brushable Adagio, or even a rerelease of Trixie or Sunset. :huh: Hasbro is pretty clear about sticking to a very narrow range of characters and just doing little variations until the end of the line. I feel like there are extremely slim chances of ever getting a new male character brushable.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 09:13:21 PM »
Funny story prancingstag I enjoyed it haha. Anyways I think were all forgetting about the favorites set! It's like our only hope lol! I have given up on singles completely from hasbro. I think we have a decent shot to get some new characters in the favorites set! Pleaseeee King Sombra! They are running out of "mane villains" Maybe Mane'iac in next years haha! Should be interesting to see some new stuff on SUNDAY! Please hasbro no more mane 6 and Cadence,or repeats.... just new characters thats all it takes makes all the blind bags brushables.

For Sale Wants

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 09:42:35 PM »
I would buy any new brushable, boy or girl :) Unless it's something that doesn't appeal to me at all (like DJ Pon3)
My Wish List

Offline FoolBornUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 09:46:56 PM »
Boy ponies, girl ponies, baby ponies, sea ponies, you name it, I'll buy it....just want more characters. :(
This

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 09:52:46 PM »
I like G4 males and I think they'll be cute as toys. I just really dislike Shining Armour's mold because he has the weird V-shape body like a human hunk and Hasbro literally gave him chiseled features. I want something more normal. I'd really like it if Hasbro can keep to the look on what they gave to the Blind Bag earth male ponies, only release them in different poses. Unicorns just add a horn and pegasus, add a pair of wings. Normal face and normal bums please!

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Trinity

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 10:01:19 PM »
Oh but you know... the non-brushables were really meant for us collectors. The brushables are meant for little girls and you know... "Little girls only want to play with female character toys." You'd need to come up with a creative reason why a little girl would want to play with a male character.

*cough cough* WELL, when *I* was a kid, if any toy line had all-male or all-female characters, I would gender swap some of them!  :razz:

Sorry for the snarky tone of voice. I respect anyone's opinion, either way.  :)
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2014, 10:25:10 PM »
Oh but you know... the non-brushables were really meant for us collectors. The brushables are meant for little girls and you know... "Little girls only want to play with female character toys." You'd need to come up with a creative reason why a little girl would want to play with a male character.

*cough cough* WELL, when *I* was a kid, if any toy line had all-male or all-female characters, I would gender swap some of them!  :razz:

Sorry for the snarky tone of voice. I respect anyone's opinion, either way.  :)

I would too, but I'd still want that flying pony with hairy legs in the cartoon, cuz leg hair is cool.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 01:51:21 AM »
I would rather just have any new character, it doesn't need to be a boy.

Also, I actually do think the toy line is pretty representative of the show. I dont think you can say the show is a 50/50 split. The show is 6 main characters and some supporting characters [i.e. the handful who have plot lines or words and appear more than once] - it is very much a female character dominated show. Also while you can list a selection of G1s which were boys - there were over 600 unique G1 ponies of which only a couple of dozen were boys. So far we only have 40ish unique G4s...its a long way to go in the line before they can be directly compared and the lack of characters in general suggests its never going to be the same style of line anyway.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 06:14:53 AM »
Did you count newborn twin Sniffles (the unicorn one) on your list?  He's a boy in the UK.

As for Shining Armor . . .

(I really need to edit a horn onto him at some point.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:21:57 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 06:33:57 AM »
I would buy it if it was a brushable or even if it had spikey hair or something which is seems most males have.

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 06:50:44 AM »
I don't think there are a lot of male characters they can really pull from. I don't get why we don't have Big Mac yet, he is always there in the show, and like someone else said, they could do a "family" pack! Little girls love families, right? I can see a Wonderbolts set with RBD, Spitfire, and Soren (spell check that lol). I could see a "party" pack with Pinkie, Cheese Sandwich (because every kid I talked to about the Weird Al episode LOVED LOVED LOVED it because kids LOVE him) and I dunno who else. There IS potential, but I don't think it will happen.

Big Mac may happen in a favorites set but I dunno.

Then again, the girls would pair up AJ and Big Mac and have Applebloom as the baby (which I could understand) XD

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 05:45:42 PM »
Yup, I'm a party pooper, and don't collect g4, so I chose no. I think those that are actively collecting g4 deserve more new ponies!!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Trinity

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 07:13:24 PM »
Did you count newborn twin Sniffles (the unicorn one) on your list?  He's a boy in the UK.

As for Shining Armor . . .

(I really need to edit a horn onto him at some point.)

ROFL! I'd want that doll. XD
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal