collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird things your dog is obessed with  (Read 1171 times)

Offline rosietrot

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Made it.
    • View Profile
    • RosieTrot's Pony Spot
Weird things your dog is obessed with
« on: February 11, 2014, 11:56:34 AM »
For some reason my dog has recently started watching the hot water heater like it's going to start talking to her or give her a treat.  I can only think that she can hear the water inside, but we have lived here for over a year and it just started last month.  She will sit in the closet and lay next to it with her nose at its base, intently sniffing and searching for...?  We can't find mice, pests, food or anything!

What is your dog inexplicably obsessed with?
Trades!<---some trades, sales and want list, as posted on the arena
Store!<---The "Official" Store (or as official as it gets...also all tradable!)
Want List!<---Stuff I'm looking for
ME! <--- and if you want to know who I am, a picture from my blog

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Weird things your dog is obessed with
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 12:06:56 PM »
When I was in college, my Belgian Malionis was absolutely enamored by a hollowed out coconut shell that lived on my brother's bathroom floor (we lived together).  Weirdest thing ever.  We could even say to her "Kiga, where's your coconut?" and she'd go running in there and just stare at it until we could get her interested in something else.  She never tried to pick it up or hit it or anything, just wanted to stare at it.

Kurz, my GSD/Mastiff "puppy" (he's 2, but the baby of the family) really likes to watch TV, especially other dogs.  His favorite TV dog is Digby from Pushing Daisies.  He also HATES Franklin the puppet from Arrested Development, but his hatred for him (complete with launching himself, barking and growling, from the couch to the TV) didn't start until the episode where Franklin "attacked" Lucille, so it might have been the "aggressive" act that started that.

Dogs are weird :)

Lindsay1988

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 12:25:24 PM »
Lol! Funny stories :). My dog's obsession is Eggs, When I boil an egg I seriously have to go to the bathroom to crack it open, and even then she's waiting outside the door..
She goes absolutely nuts over eggs. So funny! Sometimes she gets one, and when I put it in her bowl, she normally makes half a back flip to get over to that bowl of hers :p. I have to laugh so hard!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »
...Fireworks. My dog LOVES fireworks. He will literally push the door open and jump up at the loudest fireworks as they whizz off into the night sky. Don't bother calling him back - He will ignore you and continue to wag his tail as he gets dangerously close to getting severely injured. Gah. Nowadays we have to lock him indoors just to make certain he doesn't get out.
My cat's no better - He watches them from the window.

Oh, and Smurf noses. Never leave a Smurf toy on the floor - He will find that giant blue conk and drag it around everywhere.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 01:31:54 PM »
I'm a big pro wrestling fan, it's pretty much what I watch 90% of the time. My dog sometimes watches TV but usually he isn't interested in wrestling, with one exception - Daniel Bryan. My dog loves him (as does everyone else, he's the biggest face in WWE and well he should be). When my dog hears Bryan's voice, he gives full attention. It's hilarious. I've been thinking of filming it and Tweeting the vid to Bryan, who is a huge animal lover. My dog must sense that :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 02:06:22 PM »
Funny stories! :lol: Mine are mostly normal.  ;)

The big one 'loves' cats and when she sees a garden gnome or similar she has to stop and stare for a few minutes to make sure it's not a cat (in disguise?)   >_< 

The little one sometimes licks the floor...for a long time  :blush:
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 03:07:21 PM »
My girl Amber loves her TV antiques programmes theme tunes. Whenever she hears this one bloke say "... Let's go Bargain Hunting!" She's across the room, onto the sofa and howling her head off :) She knows when its starting now so she's ready and waiting before it even comes on :P She sings differently to different tunes though. SHe's a sheltie so she's supposed to be able to howl... her friend Cookie the Pom is not... but she copied her after a while and now does these cute little high squeaky howls. Once they're done Amber goes over and checks she's alright.
Cookie also has a duck toy that she loves. She sucks it's butt while she sleeps. It's very cute :P
Gizmo the Pom also has quirks. Our favourite is when we pause the TV on a face. He'll stare at it then start growling. When we start it up again it makes him jump :D Every time.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 03:29:55 PM »
I have 4 dogs. They all have multiple obsessions. I'd be here all day listing them.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 04:17:25 PM »
We cannot pell a bannana without four dogs coming running.  We are not sure how they know a several rooms away that someone has a banana, do they smell it, hear it?

Chloe my cavalier always has a tennis ball.  If she goes to take a nap she sleeps on it.  Chloe also loves to eat mulch if you arnt watching her outside.  She will actually eat anything I hand her including pills.

Gracie the jack russell has a stuffed hedgehog we call "toy"that she is her toy.  None of the other dogs ever play with it, and she takes it to. Bed every night.

Sadie my other jack russell has a pink stuffed pig named piggie piggie who she is just as obsessed about as Gracie and "toy".

Holly the third jack russell likes to chew any soft plastics.  Luckly she doesn't eat them, just chews it apart she once chewed a breezie that I set out to dry. And crayons. 

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »
The family dachshund, Candi, is obsessed with going for rides, particularly on the tractor.  (My family does some farming and has a smallish Kubota tractor.)  My parents have to be very careful about saying the words "ride" or "tractor" or Candi will freak out.....she'll bark her head off, bounce around, wag her tail, and stare at you intently as if to say "OMG, I get to go for a RIDE?!?!?!?!" lol 

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 05:54:49 PM »
My " middle" sister has 8 dogs, each one with an obsession:
Lucky, Jack Russel terrier, stares at the bowl and defends from the other dogs. Also bags and other stuff;
Guto, loves to chase his tail and plays with balls and  hides the;
Bia, love watching You tube animal videos;
Lili, loves to play with balls;
Also my older sister has cats and they have crazy obsessions, one of them loves the stove that she burned on of her whiskers. One never gets bored with dogs. :biggrin:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 07:25:15 PM »
Bahahah I loved reading all of these stories!! :lmao:

My lab has some weird... obsessions... he stares at light reflections that bounce off things on the wall, he'll just sit and start panting and bark and get really excited.

But the weirdest obsession is DIABLO! And what Diablo is, is a Chilean Mountain Goat mounted taxedermy head that sits above our mantle... at first we called it Goat, and Spencer would start getting really mad at it and running over and barking at it. So we started calling it Diablo. Now, if you say Diablo to him, it's his trigger bark word. Outside it works wonders when there are coyotes, but from time to time he'll just be sitting in the living room doing nothing and I'll see him look up at Diablo from the corner of his eye, unprovoked, and just... get pissed at him. I find it hilarious, especially because we have real goats outside and the dog is not really interested in them at all... :lol:

Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 07:46:59 PM »
my dog is terrified of pringles cans.... when your eating them he's not interested but if you hold an empty can without a lid to him he freaks out barks, snarls, runs and hides. Its so weird. Put the lid on and he's just kinda like whatever, but oh gosh once you remove the lid and hold it toward him he freaks out!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 12:41:09 AM »
Mr bubbles has an obsession with beanie babies. He has to have one in his mouth at all times  :blink:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Lindsay1988

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 01:49:36 AM »
We cannot pell a bannana without four dogs coming running.  We are not sure how they know a several rooms away that someone has a banana, do they smell it, hear it?

Chloe my cavalier always has a tennis ball.  If she goes to take a nap she sleeps on it.  Chloe also loves to eat mulch if you arnt watching her outside.  She will actually eat anything I hand her including pills.

Gracie the jack russell has a stuffed hedgehog we call "toy"that she is her toy.  None of the other dogs ever play with it, and she takes it to. Bed every night.

Sadie my other jack russell has a pink stuffed pig named piggie piggie who she is just as obsessed about as Gracie and "toy".

Holly the third jack russell likes to chew any soft plastics.  Luckly she doesn't eat them, just chews it apart she once chewed a breezie that I set out to dry. And crayons.

lol so cute my lady is a cavalier as well, and i always ask mysekf the same thing with her "egg obsession". How can she hear it cracking/the smell so fast :p

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal