collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cranky about WeLoveFine  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cranky about WeLoveFine
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 06:12:54 PM »
This is why I never got the flocked version of Muffins even though I think it is adorable. I did not want to buy a shirt I did not want in order to get it and I was not going to support what is obviously a scummy company.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 08:28:40 PM »
Agh, I remember when they re-released the :muffin: Pony figure. I know she's popular and they want to make money selling these figures but if that's the case, why not make a different figure of :muffin: Pony in an entirely new pose and leave the original limited edition as intended? It's also pretty lazy of them to keep releasing the same figures different ways. Lazy but not surprising.

I've had some issues with WLF in the past, namely with shipping. I'm not a big fan of their t-shirts (except the art nouveau ones) but I do buy gifts for friends on occasion. All-in-all not the greatest company, particularly the way they handle their online store. I wish Hasbro had licensed a different company, but I suppose they're one of the "best" for geeky merch.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 05:04:29 AM »
G4 in general just seems to be a, if we keep making the same thing, they will buy it. Welovefine just seems to be milking it for all it's worth with those statue thingies.

Yeah this for me. On one hand I completely understand the sheer commercial angle of a business - if it makes money...keep on making them and making those $$. However on the other hand, a company like this should realise it is making money out of a very specific market and to abuse those customers [because that is what it is] is really disgraceful. You can be sure if a bigger company did something like this to a wider and bigger market, they would simply not get away with it.

I think in general they are over priced for what they are selling - which is a basic t-shirt often with art supplied by fans so its not even as though they have to pay for designers for their product. Their license deal with Hasbro must be country exclusive for adult t-shirts - I really dislike this because they cater to a very specific market and if you are not someone who is into that fandom then you are a little out in the cold. So for me...meh...its just another example of the way they business and why I would never buy from them.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 08:16:05 AM »
Wow... hearing that they keep re-issuing a limited edition product is UNCOOL.  I'm not even sure if I have that category in the Bad Trader List... guess I'll have to figure out one now...  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 08:37:55 AM »
Folks have to be careful about reading the terms of 'limited edition', 'special run' and 'numbered edition' here. Unless they say, no more will ever be made, hand numbered edition, I wouldn't take the chance, if you are looking for a small run item.

I would specifically ask, what those Edition of 600 and 2nd edition of 600 mean. They can mean two things in the collecting world. One they are two different runs of 600, meaning there are approx. 1200 of those things running around. Hmm just like the flockies. Run of 1200.

Or they can also mean that this is the second round of the 600 in total. They may have released them in batches. It's still 600, just not all in the same run. You would have release A,B and C. We don't know how many have been sold in total, since we don't work for them. Try hitting them up with an e-mail.

They did the same exact thing with the keychains that were only available through their prize ladder. You had to buy $100 worth of crap to get them. It was the only way to get them. A year later, they were available for purchase without going through the hoops.

Long story short, I would be careful with this company.

Offline nogames

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 09:33:57 AM »
I always thought that the "1st edition of 600" is SDCC version with the blue card. It does make sense.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 09:42:58 AM »
... Or it could mean that there will be 600 editions total, each edition containing a few thousand pieces!   :shocked:

I think the Muffin figurine looks adorable, and I'm still glad that I was able to get it. The "limited" nature certainly wasn't a deciding factor in seeking it out! I would have bought it either way, if given the chance to do so at retail.

Do I need three different versions of it? Nnnnnnyyyyyyes

Is WeLoveFine being super dubious about their numbering to move more units? Probably. And it's super rotten to the folks who paid a lot of money for a second-market, original run figurine.

Kiwigirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 11:06:35 AM »
As cool as they are I know I won't be buying them

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 11:15:14 AM »
The :muffin: Pony one is pretty cute, but not a fan of the DJ one, plus these are really expensive and first ones are sort hard to obtain, plus the fact they keep just remaking the same ones different variants I'm very unimpressed I'll just stick to the funko vinyl collectible ponies.

For Sale Wants

popyduggan

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 12:27:31 PM »
That'd be sweet if I could mount chrome muffins as a hood ornament.

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 01:01:08 PM »
So, :muffin: is her name now? What is she, Prince? lol.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »
So, :muffin: is her name now? What is she, Prince? lol.
Yep! It's what Hasbro keeps using, and all sides seem to be happy with it, so :muffin: she is.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2014, 03:06:27 PM »
I agree with everyone saying WLF is a not so good company. I do like their shirts, and I'm willing to pay. But I'm not willing to pay the OUTRAGEOUS international shipping prices! It does not cost $20-$30 to ship a shirt to the UK :/

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2014, 03:16:53 PM »
I agree with everyone saying WLF is a not so good company. I do like their shirts, and I'm willing to pay. But I'm not willing to pay the OUTRAGEOUS international shipping prices! It does not cost $20-$30 to ship a shirt to the UK :/

This. It also sucks when they sent you the wrong item...
(Not in the mood to get hit by customs twice because of a mistake they made.)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 04:35:04 PM »
Honestly, I saw this before you posted and I wrote them a letter because it made me very upset.  I don't even wear the shirts and we specifically went to a convention early and all to get one. 

Post Merge: February 08, 2014, 04:35:34 PM

Welovefine?

WeDONTlovefine.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal