collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Am I reading this right?  (Read 885 times)

invinible

• Trade Count: (0)
Am I reading this right?
« on: February 06, 2014, 11:09:16 AM »
That the following says that we now have right to a lot of Hasbro stuff to make an alpha version of an rpg to show them through 1 of their brokers.

Response By Email (Amy) (01/28/2014 04:03 PM)
RE:  New Product Idea

Dear:  Phillip,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. regarding new product ideas; we appreciate your interest in our company.

As you can imagine, each year we receive many contacts and inquiries such as yours, and while we appreciate hearing from our friends and consumers, we must advise you that we do not accept unsolicited submissions for review.

For many years it has been and remains Hasbro's policy to decline offers to consider unsolicited external ideas or suggestions.  We depend on employees and other organizations with whom we deal on a regular basis for such ideas.  You may wish to seek entry to a company which has a submission policy different from ours, or else you may wish to contact a toy and game broker.  Such a broker introduces and helps sell the concepts/prototypes or other inventions to the brokers personal contacts at various toy and/or game manufacturers.  While we cannot make a specific recommendation, or endorse any particular broker, attached is a list of the names and addresses of toy brokers who have given their permission to release their names.  We strongly urge you to contact the broker of your choice before submitting any samples or prototypes.

In accordance with our policy, your email has neither copied nor reviewed.

Sincerely,

Amy

Customer By CSS Web (Phillip Simpson) (01/25/2014 04:55 PM)
Will you, please, use characters, items, and locations from Action Man, Battleship, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Candy Land, Clue, Challenge Of The Go Bots, COPS, Dreamblade, Dream Craft, Duel Masters Trading Card Game, Dungeons & Dragons, Gamma World, G.I. Joe, Glo Friends, Hecatomb, Heroscape, Inhumanoids, Jem and the Holograms, Littlest Pet Shop, Magic: The Gathering, M.A.S.K., Maxies World, Monopoly, Monsters Menace America, MoonDreamers, Mr. Potato Head, My Little Pony, NERF Brand, Netrunner, Pound Puppies, Robotix, Star Sisterz, Transformers, and Visionaries as well as convince some of the companies you work with to allow you to use those of their that would make sense to meet up with the 1st generation of My Little Pony to turn the thought experiment over at http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,322697.0.html into an actual 1-5 player Nintendo Fusion colsole role playing game with 5,000 playable in a 50 column by 100 row grid that you pick up throughout the game with the 1st generation of My Little Pony providing more playable characters than any other series at least by itself so the game comes out when the Nintendo Fusion colsole comes out or close to its release?

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: Am I reading this right?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 11:19:14 AM »
i believe it's saying you have to go through one of the companies they work with in order to get ideas for such things heard and taken seriously.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 11:54:37 AM »
Do you have the list of brokers?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

invinible

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 02:49:20 PM »
Do you have the list of brokers?

Strangely enough, such a list of never attached.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 11:50:58 AM »
i believe it's saying you have to go through one of the companies they work with in order to get ideas for such things heard and taken seriously.

Yes this ^. It's not saying you have the right to do anything. Its simply saying that Hasbro do not accept unsolicited product ideas and, unless you become a Hasbro employee, your only option is to speak to a toy or a product broker. It would be to the broker you would pitch your product idea; the broker then may or may not take your idea to Hasbro. They would work with you to finalise a product which the manufacturer may consider. Its a long process but pretty standard for most big companies and all the large toy manufacturers use brokers. Google will help you track down a broker. Also note most brokers work on commission percentage and some have standard package rates.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

invinible

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »
Could somebody here get it through the thick skulls of those moderators over at the giantitp forums realize that http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:IvEXXb25QmAJ:www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php%3Fp%3D16964320+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us isn't a spam thread just because it links to a thread on this set of forums?

G4Sweeties

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
I hear the ban hammer in the distance.....

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 03:51:58 PM »
Er, I don't think that's really in the wheelhouse of this forum.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
It's essentially the same as sending in new ideas for TV shows or movies. They send pretty much the same letter to everyone who submits an idea because they'd be positively inundated with ideas every single day if they didn't. Perhaps you could look at patenting your idea and look into ideas similar to yours which have already been implemented. It takes a very VERY long time, lots of letters, research and effort with no guarantee of a payoff. 99 percent end in failure or just being given up on. If you believe in what you have then find the proper channels and use them, but I truly don't think those channels start or flow through this particular forum in any way, shape or form. Sorry :(

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 04:32:41 PM »
Could somebody here get it through the thick skulls of those moderators over at the giantitp forums realize that http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:IvEXXb25QmAJ:www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php%3Fp%3D16964320+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us isn't a spam thread just because it links to a thread on this set of forums?

Eh....I am really not sure what you are asking here?

Perhaps contact the moderators on that forum and ask them. Not really something we can help with. Good luck with your game!
Loa is my love god!

Offline egophiliac

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Fakie!
  • ...loves tiaras!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 05:11:40 PM »
It's essentially the same as sending in new ideas for TV shows or movies. They send pretty much the same letter to everyone who submits an idea because they'd be positively inundated with ideas every single day if they didn't.

Well, it's not really about the number of submissions as it is that when it comes to intellectual property (in the US at least), it can turn into a whole legal can of worms to so much as acknowledge being aware of an idea. :drunk: Most companies like Hasbro will only deal with in-house employees or approved agents/brokers because that way they know that the legalities are being handled in a way that won't potentially land them in hot water somewhere down the road. Unsolicited submissions, sadly, have to be ignored.

Most likely they saw the subject line and fired off a standard stock-reply, which is probably why it doesn't seem to quite match up with what's being asked (which seems to be more about brand licensing for a video game than an actual product pitch?). Either way, the talk of brokers is just a suggestion on how to pitch through the proper channels; it definitely isn't granting permission to use their brands in further pitches. Sorry!

invinible

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 08:24:59 PM »

Perhaps contact the moderators on that forum and ask them. Not really something we can help with. Good luck with your game!

Tried that.  They seem to be more interested in sticking to a decision that is completely wrong to not face than to admit they were wrong to the point of increasing a lifetime ban to a can't access the site decision when trying to point out how that thread isn't spam.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 08:50:17 PM »
In any forum, the mods' rule is law. If they say something is spam (since spam is more than just commercial stuff), you should take a hint and stop pushing it, instead of trying to make a different forum into your personal army.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 02:37:19 PM »

Tried that.  They seem to be more interested in sticking to a decision that is completely wrong to not face than to admit they were wrong to the point of increasing a lifetime ban to a can't access the site decision when trying to point out how that thread isn't spam.

Yes, as Shiro says, its their forum, they can moderate it as they wish. It looks like, as a board, they have quite strict rules as regards posting links to external sites, links which are promoting something not being run directly on their boards. That's fair enough. Its not something we particularly like around here either and, if we judged it as advertising, we would also have locked the thread and spoken to the poster.

If you wish to push it go ahead but please dont bring the argument from another board here. I ll just lock this thread.
Loa is my love god!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 03:36:06 PM »
The letter is a polite way of saying "Thanks but no thanks, try again elsewhere."

I received and almost identical letter years ago--when I wasn't even trying to suggest a product.  All I said was "you should make a black pony with hot pink hair, that would be cool", ha ha.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal