collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fakie Plushies?  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Fakie Plushies?
« on: February 04, 2014, 11:06:26 AM »
So those Chinese knock-off makers are getting better and better at their knock off plushies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No not as good as the custom that it was undoubtedly based on, but a far cry better (in my opinion) than the Funrise Plushies.

How many of you have succumbed to a Chinese knock-off plush?   

I will admit that I did finally get the Luna for my Lunar army- and in a moment of weakness (and before seeing the udder) I got the spotted cow pony.

I felt guilty though (and admittedly both confused and concerned over the udder accessory). 

The guilt is because the Chinese designs are obviously based on fan custom creations.   Of course I'd rather buy plushies from a licensed dealer- for example I really love the styles used by 4DE and Nicci.  Those ponies are absolutely gorgeous.  I got the Pinkie and the Twilight from 4DE and can't wait to see the Fluttershy. The only problem is they are making these so SLOW.  And of course no Luna or Celestia in sight.  (Also Nicci is out of reach for the most part due to it being a German company and the insane cost of shipping)

Feeling guilty...

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: Fakie Plushies?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »
I haven't succumbed for two reasons... they're still too expensive for my means (though not nearly so much as the original custom jobs, naturally), and they don't look cuddly enough. If I want something for display, the normal plastic toys are fine, but if I'm getting a plushie, that counts as a stuffed animal and I should be able to hug it.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:20:08 AM »
Not to advocate getting a knock-off- but they are surprisingly cuddly now-

I just got that LUna one that looks like this: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She is pretty squishy and her mane and tail feel like Minky.  A far cry from the first knock off MLP plushies that had felt eyes/symbols and some other kind of fur-  (a long time ago I had gotten the first AJ fakie that appeared- but I actually donated her to the goodwill since her quality was so terrible)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 11:20:41 AM »
If the 'cow' pony is yellow with a blue mane then, um, the 'udder' isn't actually what you might think it is ^^;
I've come across the character before, but it's very NSFW.

On the subject of these toys, no, I haven't succumbed. Yet. But unless the UK release a muffin pony soon, I may just cave in and get one.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 11:37:28 AM »
If the 'cow' pony is yellow with a blue mane then, um, the 'udder' isn't actually what you might think it is ^^;

On the subject of these toys, no, I haven't succumbed. Yet. But unless the UK release a muffin pony soon, I may just cave in and get one.

I did find out what the udder was supposed to be- a lactating udder- and the pony- Milky way or something wears a bra over it.  Stupid I think rather than NSFW.  Yes- ponies really do have udders when they are nursing mothers-  but putting them in a bra doesn't make them human breasts, nor does it make them somehow naughty.   It does, however, look stupid.  People have the strangest ideas sometimes...

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 11:50:17 AM »

I did find out what the udder was supposed to be- a lactating udder- and the pony- Milky way or something wears a bra over it.  Stupid I think rather than NSFW.  Yes- ponies really do have udders when they are nursing mothers-  but putting them in a bra doesn't make them human breasts, nor does it make them somehow naughty.   It does, however, look stupid.  People have the strangest ideas sometimes...

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh

That's not an udder.  And prepare your sanity in case you do decide to google that pony's name...  :lol:

On a sidenote, I own the Pinkie and :muffin: Pony.  I have the rest in my Ebay Watch List.  Will get them eventually.  I really want Luna though. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:52:31 AM by Judhudson »

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 01:23:24 PM »
I have an AJ fakie plush, she was only £15. Imo the official Hasbro plushies are not as good and although I would love to own a handmade one there is no way I could afford.

AJLareneg

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »
I've considered that Luna before... she's awfully pretty, and they haven't really made any decent Luna plush. How are her eyes applied? are they embroidery or a decal or...? If they're embroidered I might look into getting one.

I also saw you mention the NICI plush, you can buy them off amazon.de. They do international shipping pretty cheaply there. I recently imported 4 plush from there (not pony ones, but still) and even picking the "economy" shipping, they charged me 5 euros for, I got them in two days. o_o;; I know the NICI plush are on there because I debated on getting one of the Twilight ones, but I have enough twilight plush as it is so I skipped it...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 03:54:45 PM »
*wonders what part of PG-13 was missed in this thread* Please lets not go there - through comment or inference.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 04:09:56 PM »
I just got my TY beanie Fluttershy and am kinda disappointed that her hair, while brushable and lovely, is more purple than pink. Annoying :/

G4Sweeties

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 04:14:31 PM »
I really want the muffin one for my bubbly army!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 05:38:11 PM »
I have a bunch of these fakies and I totally love them :) I have the big and small Luna, :muffin:, Fluttershy and Applejack. They are all EXTREMELY well made with all embroidered details and lots of nice show accurate details. Theyre super-dee-duper soft and cuddly.

Even if these are based on custom plushes, technically people aren't supposed to be making show accurate plushes for money anyways, several of them have received cease and desists, so I can't feel too bad about the chinese simply referencing designs they weren't supposed to make in the first place. Copyright laws don't work the same way in China and the attitude about reproducing things is very very different. They don't see anything wrong with reproducing anyone's design, and honestly the're doing a much better job of it than anyone Hasbro has hired so far.

I always try and view these things with some perspective, after all theyre just making plush ponies, not weapons or something. I'll take my fakie ponies and plushes wherever I can get them :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 10:55:50 AM »
I think one good thing about the better and better customs and Chinese knock offs- and seeing them sell and sell and sell-  is that it seems to be motivating legitmate companies with an actual license, to make better and better products.

I'd love to see how Nicci or 4DE would make a Luna plush!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 11:25:18 AM »
I would buy them :P if they are made off from people's designs on deviantart or whatever, I view these faaaaaaaar cheaper then the ones I see on ebay put up by the OA.

So ya, great deal for me c: but I haven't bought any yet because I fear that the photos are fake and if you were to purchase it you would get something crappy :huh: or nothing at all... :s
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 12:29:52 PM »

I got this one from ebay for 15 dollars including shipping. Yes she is an Alicorn but I dont mind. They also putted iron wire in her mane and tail so you can style her! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal